The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Okay, having read horror stories about mirtazapine weight gain, I am not taking it. I can't do it. Gonna go back to the doctor on Tuesday or something and request something else.
Reply 3941
Original post by SeaJay
Hey you, :smile: that's good news! What support have they left you with though?

For now its just an appointment with the psychiatrist next Friday.

But I have a feeling that it is not a case of if, but when, I get admitted to hospital. This is because my emotional state is getting worse. I left school earlier without telling anyone. The teachers called my mum about an hour later, who then called me, and then I went home, which is where I currently am.

What happened:

Spoiler

Spoiler

And how are you feeling? :jumphug:
Reply 3942
Original post by avhhs
For now its just an appointment with the psychiatrist next Friday.

But I have a feeling that it is not a case of if, but when, I get admitted to hospital. This is because my emotional state is getting worse. I left school earlier without telling anyone. The teachers called my mum about an hour later, who then called me, and then I went home, which is where I currently am.

What happened:

Spoiler

Spoiler

And how are you feeling? :jumphug:

Spoiler

Had an awful day yesterday - brain fog came back and I couldn't think straight. Then my housemate (who I like and trust) left a crappy note on all the dishes saying they shouldn't have been piled so high as a some fell down and smashed ("some" turned out to be one glass). I had done everyone's washing up and this just made me cry for about an hour! Ridiculous, I know. Feeling a bit better today, but still pretty zombified.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Guys I've got awesome news from the crisis team: Jelly and ice cream are good for hearing voices.

I kid you not. That is what they said. :facepalm:

Wow. I wish I had psychosis, then I could eat jelly and ice cream every day. :moon:

Original post by 35mm_
Arghhh. Do not know what to do. Respite or not.

Respite sounds like it beats the hell out of your being sectioned again.

Original post by ParadoxSocks
My sister's just been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes :frown:

Poor her. :console: Hope it doesn't affect her too much.

Original post by Rainfaery
Okay, having read horror stories about mirtazapine weight gain, I am not taking it. I can't do it. Gonna go back to the doctor on Tuesday or something and request something else.

Doesn't happen to everyone - I went on mirtazapine, and didn't notice any weight gain or increased appetite. I did get some pretty weird dreams though. :woo:

How you doing otherwise?
Original post by superwolf

Doesn't happen to everyone - I went on mirtazapine, and didn't notice any weight gain or increased appetite. I did get some pretty weird dreams though. :woo:

How you doing otherwise?

I mean, I know it's not certain. But the horror stories on the internet have terrified me. I know that if I were to start gaining weight I would totally stop eating. I'm not sure if it's worth risking that, and triggering my eating disorder.

I've been okay. Up and down really. How about you?
I mean, I know it's not certain. But the horror stories on the internet have terrified me. I know that if I were to start gaining weight I would totally stop eating. I'm not sure if it's worth risking that, and triggering my eating disorder.

I've been okay. Up and down really. How about you?

For what it's worth, I didn't really gain much weight on mirtazapine either. I've been on it 2 years and even the increase in appetite has disappeared now. That was the problem, I'd eat dinner and be ready for another meal 10 mins later. But if you have self control it's easy enough to avoid putting on weight. But obviously it's your choice, if you think it'll trigger your eating disorder then by all means ask to try something different.
Just started on Citalopram yesterday and I'm terrified..... :frown:
Original post by Chaosprime

What's up?
Reply 3948
Original post by SeaJay

Spoiler

Had an awful day yesterday - brain fog came back and I couldn't think straight. Then my housemate (who I like and trust) left a crappy note on all the dishes saying they shouldn't have been piled so high as a some fell down and smashed ("some" turned out to be one glass). I had done everyone's washing up and this just made me cry for about an hour! Ridiculous, I know. Feeling a bit better today, but still pretty zombified.

Spoiler

I hate it when you can't think straight at all. It causes a lot of problems. That does sound like a mean thing, what she did. :console:
Reply 3949
Original post by avhhs

I hate it when you can't think straight at all. It causes a lot of problems. That does sound like a mean thing, what she did. :console:

I reckon writing things down will help even if you don't end up showing your friends/show them an edited version!

The housemate thing really wasn't a massive deal, but little things are pushing me over the edge at the moment. I think it just brought back the 4 months of hell I went through at the beginning of the year in another house. Nasty housemates = bleugh.
What's the matter?
Original post by angelbones
:console: What's up?

I know :colondollar: Hanging around with someone who smokes like a chimney isn't the best idea.

Yes, that is right :tongue: Although, you know now that you are smoking too much, so can reduce, yes? :hugs:

Original post by SeaJay

:hugs: Wanna talk about it? Hope you feel better soon

I got my hamster by the way :smile: - I have called him MC Hamster, (although it might get changed to Marcus, I'm not sure.) He's soo cute, but they didn't handle him much at the shop so I'm having to slowly get him used to it. Any tips?

Was awful going to get him though :frown: Started shaking really badly when I got to the till - the shop was so crowded. Had to ask my friend to carry him in case I dropped him and everyone was staring. :frown: :frown:

In relation to hamster, I think Wolf is demanding pictures of all hamsters :tongue:

Original post by ViceVersa
What's up? :frown:

RE Me: Had a reasonable few days, minus being grumpy/irritable/restless for the last week or so, but just kinda cracked last night. I don't even think it is my mood overly right now, but just various stressful things possibly combined with seeing things the wrong way - possibly. I think I am thinking logically tbh.
Reply 3952
Original post by SeaJay
I reckon writing things down will help even if you don't end up showing your friends/show them an edited version!

The housemate thing really wasn't a massive deal, but little things are pushing me over the edge at the moment. I think it just brought back the 4 months of hell I went through at the beginning of the year in another house. Nasty housemates = bleugh.

Yes, I will be writing things down :smile:.

And I agree, little things can be much worse :hugs:. Living with people you don't like is very hard. I sometimes hope that I get to live with good people when I go to university.

I really want to get a job, so that I can get away from my parents. But I have no experience, and also nothing really to put on my CV :frown:.
Original post by Sabertooth
What's up?

Original post by Pareidolia
What's the matter?

Last 2 medications I was on just made me worse and I'm scared that these will push me too far :frown: I didn't sleep last night at all, I hope that was just nerves...
Last 2 medications I was on just made me worse and I'm scared that these will push me too far :frown: I didn't sleep last night at all, I hope that was just nerves...

Ah, well, you don't know unless you try it, hopefully things will be ok this time.

Citalopram can cause insomnia or you're right it might have been nerves. I'd say watch it and if you still can't sleep in a few days go back and tell your doctor that.
Anxiety seems to be through the roof today.... I feel as if I just want to cry.... feel so alone.....
Reply 3956
Original post by rmhumphries
Yes, that is right :tongue: Although, you know now that you are smoking too much, so can reduce, yes? :hugs:

In relation to hamster, I think Wolf is demanding pictures of all hamsters :tongue:

Oh yeah, I remember - sorry Wolf & rm for not sending you a picture of my hamster..... Alas I've lost the linky cable for my camera..

Original post by avhhs
Yes, I will be writing things down :smile:.

And I agree, little things can be much worse :hugs:. Living with people you don't like is very hard. I sometimes hope that I get to live with good people when I go to university.

I really want to get a job, so that I can get away from my parents. But I have no experience, and also nothing really to put on my CV :frown:.

Ooh - in terms of CV writing, you've just got to fiddle things a bit.... i.e. if your gcses were 1A and 6 Cs, for example, you write "7 GCSEs A-C grade including maths and English."

If you only have 1 day of work experience you write about that and play down the fact that it was only one day.

I'm sure you can slightly bend the truth for yours.... :colone: hehehe

(*BAD SeaJay - you shouldn't be such a bad influence on those younger than yourself*)
Reply 3957
Original post by SeaJay
Ooh - in terms of CV writing, you've just got to fiddle things a bit.... i.e. if your gcses were 1A and 6 Cs, for example, you write "7 GCSEs A-C grade including maths and English."

If you only have 1 day of work experience you write about that and play down the fact that it was only one day.

I'm sure you can slightly bend the truth for yours.... :colone: hehehe

(*BAD SeaJay - you shouldn't be such a bad influence on those younger than yourself*)

I'll try and see what I can do :smile:.

You're not a bad influence, just a bit sneaky :biggrin:. You are extremely kind, loving and helpful :hugs:.

Spoiler

Reply 3958
I wake up at 8am and by 4pm I am so so tired, this is happening more and more often, da ****.
Original post by SeaJay
Ah that's crap. I'm sorry. My dad's diabetic - if she's careful with it, she should be fine.

I got my hamster by the way :smile: - I have called him MC Hamster, (although it might get changed to Marcus, I'm not sure.) He's soo cute, but they didn't handle him much at the shop so I'm having to slowly get him used to it. Any tips?

Was awful going to get him though :frown: Started shaking really badly when I got to the till - the shop was so crowded. Had to ask my friend to carry him in case I dropped him and everyone was staring. :frown: :frown:

I think we're all just a little bit shaken that she's unwell. She only found out this morning so we're all just a little bit knocked. My other sister went for the usual depression blood work yesterday too so the whole house is a bit pooey :frown:

Awesome about the hamster! I was exactly the same when I got him - my girlfriend carried him (I still won't carry his cage around because I am certain that I'd accidentally kill him). The best way to calm him is to just be around a lot. Have his cage in the same room as you just so he gets used to your noises and smell. Put your hand in the cage without touching him, maybe introduce foods to his cage by keeping your hand in there a little longer until he realises that you are his provider. It takes a while but it's totally worth it. All of my animals now have a habit of getting my attention by banding around and then they wait for me to pick them up! My big brave gerbil gets on top of his cage and just sits there until I move over to them.

Also yoghurt drops are definitely good as a bribery tactic - get the low fat ones and they're not bad for hamsters at all :smile:

Yeah, I gained about 2 stone from mirtazapine. Would have stopped it if it didn't really really 'fix me' so at least now I have the energy to exercise and cook better foods for myself. I have a diagnosis of EDNOS and they still prescribed them for me. They've definitely made my eating wobbly but as I'm getting better it's fixed my eating so I guess it just sucks for a couple of months and then it gets better. The weight gain could probably be avoided with will power but it's probably one of the ones to avoid if there's eating disorders to deal with too.

ED stuff:

Spoiler

Sorry for the miserable post!

Original post by superwolf

Poor her. :console: Hope it doesn't affect her too much.

She's just crying at the moment because mum is shouting at her for every bit of sugar that touches her lips. She's a binge drinking, smoking party animal so it sounds like this and her recently diagnosed asthma are going to change her life completely. Poor thing :frown:

Latest