The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Please do share details on what you need it for, my curious mind is wondering what it could be.

£400 need generally just doesn't pop up last minute... sounds; odd.
Reply 21
Trade a car.
The easiest method is to sell things online or go to pawn shops etc. Even if you think you'll only get a little bit of money for something, those little bits add up and you can easily get £400 by selling off some assets! Good luck! :smile:
Original post by aeterno
:teehee: Hmmm...let me just get my shotgun... :sly:

I said dance bitch! *pew pew pew* :colone:
You could probably beg for money or pretend to be a charity worker and probably get £400 in cash if you do it right. The best one I've ever seen is get some Primary school kids to sing at a train station and say it's for Cancer or some shizz and you'll make £400 in a day easy. I don't know how you're going to abduct 20 children and make them sing in public though.

Just because you said not to... Your name is Indian Dancer. I'm sure you can find a lucrative field relating to that sort of area.
Reply 25
Sell your stuff, we've all had to do it once or twice.
Well except for those with rich parents/ a decent student loan.
Reply 26
£400 in a week?

The only sensible and legal option I can see is that you ask everyone you know if you can borrow a bit of money until you get to the total.
Original post by IndianDancer
I know most of the answers are gonna be "become a stripper" or "sleep with me" or something 'funny' like that but I'm in a desperate situation so please be serious. I need to make around 400 pounds in a week. I don't live in the UK so please try not to give me answers that involve things that are specific to the UK. I'm just looking for ideas. I don't have a job (trust me i'm trying REALLY hard to find one) and nothing valuable that i can sell. Is there ANY WAY to make that kind of money really quickly? Lol. I know its probably next to impossible but...i'm kinda desperate right now.

why do you need £400 fast?
Reply 28
I'll give you £400. You will need to send me an administration fee of £600 first.
Reply 29
borrow £10-20 of all of your good friends, check out a bit of cheeky internet poker, my housemate made $90 on pokerstars over about 7hours on monday (SURE he lost $40 dollars of it yesterday, but now he has done the smart thing and cashed the rest out, he is still up 50). Lastly consider whether you mind giving old fat men a cheeky handjob, im sure youd get 30-50 for each one. combine all of these and im sure you'll manage to get 400 in 7 days.
Reply 30
If you could borrow some money to start with you could buy a car or something, sell it on for profit. A lot of people do this as a job and make a fair bit.

Other than that, gamble. Had mates that go to a roulette machine with a few quid, spend all day on it and come out with 900.
For a small administration fee along with your bank account details i believe that a certain Nigerian Prince may be able to help you....
Reply 32
Original post by Jake22
£400 in a week?

The only sensible and legal option I can see is that you ask everyone you know if you can borrow a bit of money until you get to the total.

You forgot matched betting.
Reply 33
Original post by Besakt
Put it all on black...

asif..

all on red, my man.

Original post by Pitt1988
If you could borrow some money to start with you could buy a car or something, sell it on for profit. A lot of people do this as a job and make a fair bit.

Other than that, gamble. Had mates that go to a roulette machine with a few quid, spend all day on it and come out with 900.

yeah, but you never hear about their losses.
(edited 12 years ago)
Get a job.
Reply 35
Original post by kratos90
You forgot matched betting.

You reckon someone could reach that total in their first week? Possible but unlikely IMO.
Reply 36
Matched betting. :yep:

I've made £400 in two months but I've been slow and have barely put any effort in. You could easily make a few hundred in a week if you have a big enough float and if you grab the big offers from the big bookies.
Reply 37
Original post by Jake22
You reckon someone could reach that total in their first week? Possible but unlikely IMO.

Could make way more easily. You'd have to be willing to put in a few hours to find bookies offering free bets and sign up etc, but there are often £50 ones going. Plus the first bookies you find are the easiest, it gets harder the more you find. The first £400 could be reached in the first day, let alone week.

Shame the rate of growth decreases rapidly.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 38
medical testing ... you can uite happily make £2000-3000 doing it for just a week or two of your time :colone:
Reply 39
Original post by cl_steele
medical testing ... you can uite happily make £2000-3000 doing it for just a week or two of your time :colone:

Tell me more. I like to take risks.

Latest

Trending

Trending