The Student Room Group

Confused about the whole bursary process

One of the requirements is to successfully be accepted for department of health bursary.

I want to do mental health nursing and I was wondering if they look at your house income. My dad earns the most in the family and it is around 50-60, 000 a year. Hopefully it doesn't affect me.

Does anyone know about the NHS bursary?
Original post by Quiet:)
One of the requirements is to successfully be accepted for department of health bursary.

I want to do mental health nursing and I was wondering if they look at your house income. My dad earns the most in the family and it is around 50-60, 000 a year. Hopefully it doesn't affect me.

Does anyone know about the NHS bursary?

I'm assuming you're dependent on your parents, i.e. under 25, no kids, etc. The NHS bursary for nursing is income-assessed, yes, I'm fairly sure they use similar thresholds to student finance so I think you would be means tested out of it, sadly. Your parents are expected to make a contribution to your living costs at that income level. However, the NHS will still pay your fees and you can receive a non means-tested reduced rate maintenance loan from student finance, which is roughly half the usual maintenance loan.
Original post by glittersticks
I'm assuming you're dependent on your parents, i.e. under 25, no kids, etc. The NHS bursary for nursing is income-assessed, yes, I'm fairly sure they use similar thresholds to student finance so I think you would be means tested out of it, sadly. Your parents are expected to make a contribution to your living costs at that income level. However, the NHS will still pay your fees and you can receive a non means-tested reduced rate maintenance loan from student finance, which is roughly half the usual maintenance loan.

This is absolutely right.
Ok thank you, I just wanted to know if they will pay for the degree :smile: that is what im worried about.
However will it affect my uni application because of this? it is one of the requirements

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending