The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

Excellent :rofl:
Reply 1261
When you leave so many dirty plates around that you end up with mould poisoning and nearly end up in hospital....

I'm quite paranoid about washing up now!
Reply 1262
Original post by Shadowplay
You realise the last day before an exam that the subject is actually interesting. Too bad you just started reading the material.

Or you only 'get' the subject once you've written the essay, and now that you find it interesting you have to move on to something completely different :colonhash:
Reply 1263
359wqw.jpg
When as soon as you leave the club you ring the local takeaway and it arrives just in time for you getting home :biggrin:
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
When as soon as you leave the club you ring the local takeaway and it arrives just in time for you getting home :biggrin:

More like: When you crawl out of the lab after 10 hours of fiddling with code you ring a local takeaway and pick it up on your way home only to fall asleep on the couch :frown: And when you wake up with a sore back you realise, that your flatmates ate your dinner.
Reply 1266
Original post by angelbones
When your laundry basket is empty and you're trying to put all your clean clothes away, you realise that you have too many clothes (or not enough drawers/hangers :tongue:)

Yes! I very very rarely have an empty laundry basket so it's always surprising when it happens and I have no where to put all these clean clothes :colondollar:
Original post by angelbones
When your laundry basket is empty and you're trying to put all your clean clothes away, you realise that you have too many clothes (or not enough drawers/hangers :tongue:)

Original post by Samz
Yes! I very very rarely have an empty laundry basket so it's always surprising when it happens and I have no where to put all these clean clothes :colondollar:

when you have more clothes in your laundry basket than in your drawer...
Original post by jendra9311

When your drawers are empty so you have to go through your laundry basket to find clothes to wear...
Original post by jendra9311

When you just have far to many clothes in general, but you refuse to throw anyway away, cause you bought them when you were working full time and could afford to go clothes shopping pointlessly.

When you eat crackers for breakfast lunch and dinner, because you don't want to spend your money in the evil that is tesco.

Where a friend of your course has been known to rob the bins of tesco at night, for food.

When you're flat has resulted to using dirty dishes because no one can be bothered to do the washing up.

When you read a book, the week after its due to of been read.

When one of your seminar tutors thinks you dont exsist, because you have yet to attend her class thats been running for a month.

When you can't remember the days of the week, because you were too high every night after mum sent down some 'food money'.
Original post by Lintu93
When your drawers are empty so you have to go through your laundry basket to find clothes to wear...

This is very true, and something I have done many times. If it passes the smell test, it's clean enough :colondollar:

Also...

When you forget to go to the shops to buy yourself food, so when it comes to dinner time and you go to make some food, you end up cooking from whatever leftovers you have (which probably consists of pasta, baked beans, peas and some jars that your mum got you a year ago and are still sat at the back of the cupboard, unopened).
you wake up on a saturday morning extremely embarrassed by what happened the night before.
Original post by tillytots
you wake up on a saturday morning extremely embarrassed by what happened the night before.

You wake up on monday/tuesday/wednesday/thursday/friday/saturday/sunday* morning extremely embarrassed by what happened the night before.

*delete as appropriate
Original post by Lintu93
You wake up on monday/tuesday/wednesday/thursday/friday/saturday/sunday* morning extremely embarrassed by what happened the night before.

*delete as appropriate

You wake up on monday/tuesday/wednesday/thursday/friday/saturday/sunday* morning wondering whether you should be extremely embarrassed by what happened the night before.

*delete as appropriate
The people you saw in freshers week - the next time you saw them, they mentioned how pissed you were.

You never saw them again after that.
Reply 1275
Original post by buchanan700
You throw out a plate because you can't be bothered to wash it.

Cold pasta with dodgy cheese is ****ing delicious!

You find yourself agonising over whether to fork out the £2 for some lunch.

Carry on? When was your "I am definately a student" moment?

:biggrin:

When you've seen this youtube video lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSQD8ILOOe0
Reply 1276
Your mental health goes to ****.
When "that smell" gets too noticable and you have to hunt what is causing it.
Reply 1278
The majority of your facebook/twitter updates take place at a time that people that aren't students would say you should be in bed.
Seeing people turn up to lectures looking like they have just woken up and dressing like tramp. People stinking of alcohol from a previous nights partying.

Quick Reply

Latest