The Student Room Group

Help! Choosing a course in film production..

I've been researching universities and courses for several months now but I'm still unsure on the Best university to study film/tv production and which undergraduate course to take: a BA (hons) or a BSc ?
So far i've looked at:
-Bournemouth University of Arts-BA Hons Film Production
-York University-BSc Film and Television production
-Gloucester University-BA Hons in Film Production

Is there a University that has a better reputation for film/tv production than others?
And which is better-a BA hons or a BSc?

Really appreciate any help from anyone who's been through the same choices as me...
It depends on you which kind of course is better. BA is an art degree so you will be focusing on creative making whereas BSc is science so it will be more about the technology (I believe).

AUCB is bettter than Gloucester in my opinion. It has a great reputation and students do well there. Gloucester is Digital Production so you wont be able to work with actual film (deal breaker for me). Then again I found AUCB a bit off putting. Have you gone to see them?
Reply 2
Thanks, yes that's what my careers advisor told me this week.
No I haven't been to see them yet but there's open days in may and july that I'm planning on going to.
Reply 3
Have you looked at Digital Film Production at Sunderland University? I'm doing that course and it is really good! We are in the top 3 uni's I think in the country for film courses. I'd definitely recommend checking it out and if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending