The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi I'm a second year Vet student at RVC and have been a student ambassador for the last two years. I went to VetMedlink when it was called Vetsix and Vetsim and have done work with the company in the past. I can honestly say that if you can afford the costs then go for it as the people you meet and the experiences you get is brilliant however it is not an advantage to getting onto a veterinary degree and some universities do not like you to mention it because it does all come down to cash.

Advantages are work experience and courses run by the vet schools. The RVC run taster days and summer/Easter schools which is a selection process dependent on a application. This is brilliant to put on your UCAS form. The stats also show if students can do some student shadowing this can increase your chances for interview. Bristol does taster days as well, I think they still call them their VetQuest days and Cambridge does VetCam.
Im going, studying my first year of A levels in Stafford, Nottingham is a strong favourite of mine so will be interesting to see how much information and advice I can get whilst on the course. My thought is the less you expect the more it can offer you as i've no idea as to what extent it will benefit me.
p.s Still haven't recieved the pack, best get chasing them up! (:
Reply 22
I'm going on the 5-day course as well as the Edge session. I'm not bothering with the Chem A* thing as it's just not going to happen... aha
Reply 23
Original post by Hayden-aspiringvet
Im going, studying my first year of A levels in Stafford, Nottingham is a strong favourite of mine so will be interesting to see how much information and advice I can get whilst on the course. My thought is the less you expect the more it can offer you as i've no idea as to what extent it will benefit me.
p.s Still haven't recieved the pack, best get chasing them up! (:

Original post by Eddy_K
I'm going on the 5-day course as well as the Edge session. I'm not bothering with the Chem A* thing as it's just not going to happen... aha

have either of you got your little information packs yet??
Reply 24
Hi !
I'm Emily and I'm also going the Chem, The Edge and I'm on the five day course. I know absolutely nobody going :/
Reply 25
Original post by Emily0121
Hi !
I'm Emily and I'm also going the Chem, The Edge and I'm on the five day course. I know absolutely nobody going :/

Youre the only one doing all the stuff I am!! lol. do you know where youre staying/group colour yet??
Reply 26
Original post by meg_xx
Youre the only one doing all the stuff I am!! lol. do you know where youre staying/group colour yet??

I'm in Willoughby halls and green group! What about you?
Reply 27
I'm in Willoughby halls and green group! What about you?

Sammeee :smile: theres a girl called Sophie with us too lol weve been texting for a few months. Exciting times!
Reply 28
Original post by meg_xx
Sammeee :smile: theres a girl called Sophie with us too lol weve been texting for a few months. Exciting times!

Yay! :biggrin:
Reply 29
Yay! :biggrin:

Shame its going to take us forever to get to lectures and stuff :')
Reply 30
Hi, i'm Elena, doing 4 days and the edge session, also staying in Willoughby halls and in green group. Is everyone in the same group? seems so...
Reply 31
Hey, im Liam and I actually dont know how many days im doing aha, I'm from london and I got my pack in the post but couldnt find out what halls/group I was in from it so yeah O.O.

Also I'm gna know nobody going so this should be a laugh ;D
Reply 32
nevermind found the sheet in my pack, im in cripps hall in the yellow group.
Reply 33
I'm in Willoughby Halls and Green Group too!
Hopefully it'll be really good. :smile:
hii, i'm Bryony and i'm doing the 5 day one with Edge and chem :smile: and is anyone else is Cripps Hall and Yellow Group???
Reply 35
Hey, I'm Charlotte and im doing the 5 day with the chem and edge
i am in cripps and yellow :smile:
Thank god! Cos it was starting to look like there was hardly going to be anyone else!! :wink: are you looking forward to it?
Reply 37
I'm looking foward to it :smile: it looks fun
Heyy all, I'm Marie and I'm doing the 5 day with edge and chem sessions, but haven't as of yet found out which group I'm in ! I'm travelling from west London and don't know anyone either ! See you all there ! :smile: x
Reply 39
=o Why's that! I'm actually sure what the lectures are even about :s

Latest

Trending

Trending