The Student Room Group

GCSE Results day March 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dalek1099
What Exam boards?I'm getting Edexcel Eng Lang(40%) and Lit(resits)(50%),AQA Chem 1 and Phys 1(50% in total) and AQA Geography B-Coasts(25%)

Erm, AQA English Language paper, AQA Biology 1, AQA Chemistry 1, Edexcel History (Germany, 1918-1939 I think were the dates) and OCR RE (Medical Ethics & Human Relationships one).

We only have one in common! :redface:
Original post by star10159
Na, Biology was ef'ed up, if you did AQA.

agreed, the C2 wasn't bad, it was okay if you studied well...
the AQA C2 simply tested your memorising skills and understanding...
but Biology was just unexpected, it was even harder because it was the first
exam of the year for some of us so our mind wasn't in exam mode just yet..
Original post by safiyasaeed
agreed, the C2 wasn't bad, it was okay if you studied well...
the AQA C2 simply tested your memorising skills and understanding...
but Biology was just unexpected, it was even harder because it was the first
exam of the year for some of us so our mind wasn't in exam mode just yet..

Na, i had english re-sits.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 163
Hello everybody - good luck all! :biggrin:
Reply 164
Oh man, so scared for B2, C2 and P2 results. I'm a very nervous person when it comes to results at the best of times, for these I'll be shaking like a friggin leaf. Also getting OCR Business Studies results.

Out of interest, does anyone know when the Examiners Reports are released after the results? Like is it on the same day or a few weeks after? I'm desperate to read the one for B2.
Reply 165
Original post by Leelad
Oh man, so scared for B2, C2 and P2 results. I'm a very nervous person when it comes to results at the best of times, for these I'll be shaking like a friggin leaf. Also getting OCR Business Studies results.

Out of interest, does anyone know when the Examiners Reports are released after the results? Like is it on the same day or a few weeks after? I'm desperate to read the one for B2.

:confused:
Reply 166
Reply 167

this is something new and interesting.Thank You.
Original post by star10159
Na, i had freakin english re-sits. The reason who bio was hard was due to the incompetence of AQA examiners. So many ambiguous questions.

to each their own.
I'm getting:
English Literature
Biology (B1)
Chemistry (C1)
Physics (P1)
Through fiddling with some URLs like a nerd, I managed to find Edexcel grade boundaries!

For anyone who's interested:
http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/1201%20GCSE%20Units%20Grade%20Boundaries.pdf
Reply 171
Original post by thisisjokes
Through fiddling with some URLs like a nerd, I managed to find Edexcel grade boundaries!

For anyone who's interested:
http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/1201%20GCSE%20Units%20Grade%20Boundaries.pdf

the marks for A* in my English Language+ Literature exams and Literature coursework haven't changed but the other grades have.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 172
AQA grade boundaries out tomorrow!

Anyone able to find the AQA grade boundaries
Original post by Dalek1099
the marks for A* in my English Language+ Literature exams and Literature coursework haven't changed but the other grades have.

I'm actually quite annoyed about the English Lit boundaries, the exam was horrid. Ah well, re-sits are available I guess lol
Reply 174
urrm hello does anyone have the IGCSE EDEXCEL JAN 2012 Grade boundary? can anyone give me the link? thanks :smile:
Reply 175
Original post by thisisjokes
I'm actually quite annoyed about the English Lit boundaries, the exam was horrid. Ah well, re-sits are available I guess lol

they can give marks out marks easer though because English Grade Boundaries rely on consistency between 8 possible books for each section and to compensate for a hard exam in one book they can give out marks easier.
Anyone know the OCR ones yet?
Anyone know AQA ones?
Reply 179
Original post by pickles_mix
Anyone know AQA ones?

I think we're going to have o wait till tommorow morning for AQA:mad:
The Science grade boundary revelation(New Specification Chemistry + Physics) might make me more nervous than the results.

Quick Reply

Latest