The Student Room Group

Are guys better looking than girls???

I mean, think about it...we're all beautiful, but let's face it, sometimes us girls look like crap and need to put on make up. Sometimes we need make up to make ourselves look better. But men don't wear make up, they can roll out of bed and not do a thing to themselves and still look sexy/hot/good looking... women on the other hand rely on makeup to be hot.... ah!
so i guess a good looking guy is better looking than a good looking girl...

Which leads to the question...are guys just naturally better looking than girls? =O

While I appreciate female beauty, men are captivating to me. I looove thick, manly legs, hair and all. Big hands, strong jawlines, broad shoulders. And stubble. No woman on this planet could rock stubble..

Scroll to see replies

I'm assuming you're a heterosexual female.
As a heterosexual male I disagree with this :s-smilie:
no how stupid
what a silly question
Reply 4
It really shows how the media has made such a big impact on our views of 'good looking' men/women (majority).
Reply 5
Some are, some aren't. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some males who use concealers etc if I'm being perfectly honest.
I mean, think about it. Sometimes men look like crap and could do with washing their hair, concealer on the bags under their eyes and generally making themselves look better. Just because they don't doesn't mean they don't need to. Not all women rely on make-up. Some of the most beautiful people I know wear no make-up at all.

And funny enough, you're a girl. Given that the majority of people are straight, I'd expect you (assuming you're straight yourself) to find men better looking and 'more captivating' than women.
Reply 7
Most men look rough in the morning too, trust me :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by runtoyou
No woman on this planet could rock stubble..

Well yes but no man can rock boobs either.

I kind of agree with you....men who are just naturally amazingly good looking blow my mind because that's just how they're born. But I don't really think you can compare because there are different beauty ideals for men and women.
Reply 9
Men have better skin because of hormones and sweat glands thats it
Original post by Mouth
Most men look rough in the morning too, trust me :P

I look better in the morning and gorgeous right after the shower.

Immediately after that, there's a general decline in attractiveness :colonhash:
Reply 11
No. I have a right bunch of beasts on my course. Not that many males in my daily life have thick manly legs, hair, big hands, strong jawlines and broad shoulders...unless I pop Johnny Bravo into google images. I think some guys are naturally attractive and some girls are naturally pretty, it's very balanced.
Reply 12
Original post by IndianDancer

I kind of agree with you....men who are just naturally amazingly good looking blow my mind because that's just how they're born. But I don't really think you can compare because there are different beauty ideals for men and women.

hey may not be able to rock them, but unfortunately plenty of men have them...
Reply 13

some men do rock boobs lol
I think that we are generally expected by the media to think that a flawless woman is the best, while a stubble-y, bedraggled and dirty guy is the sexiest :sexface:
Anyway, a quick Google revealed that 'attractive women are more likely to have baby girls' so the more attractive babies are more likely to be girls...
Is true!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by bad8oy
some men do rock boobs lol

lololol you wish
Original post by JDO9700
Men have better skin because of hormones and sweat glands thats it

False.

Women do. The TSR ladies at the Fashion and Beauty forum educated me about this a while ago.
Reply 17
yes because we don't have to try as hard
Reply 18
lololol you wish

:wink:
Reply 19
I think girls are just more insecure and feel they have to put makeup on to look preety

Quick Reply