Original post by SBarns
Yes I did, were you there too?

yeh! :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by ifstatement
What are some thoughts on getting a part time job in Lancaster? In my opinion it seems a bit isolated to land a job in Lancaster? Not that I hate Lancaster since the Campus is great.

They have a job shop that helps you get a job but i don't know how good it is sorry
Reply 902
Original post by rachaelizabeth
Ahh cool, where are you from? I live in Birmingham, I'm travelling up to the subject open day on the 10th March. I was going to wait until after this day to firm it, but today in a moment of happy madness I just thought "Ha I'll firm it" and did it. What's your insurance?

Just west of Birmingham, you know Kidderminster? Yeah I was originally intending to go to St Andrews and then make the decision, but I knew it was the right place so just firmed it. Heriot Watt, what's yours?
Reply 903
Original post by CallumJohn
yeh! :smile:

If you saw someone in a retro, extremely outlandish patterned jumper then that was me. What college(s) you thinking of?
Hey, will be firming for BA Geography with a year abroad, so excited for October!! :smile:
Original post by SBarns
If you saw someone in a retro, extremely outlandish patterned jumper then that was me. What college(s) you thinking of?

either furness standard or county superior standard and sorry i dont really remember many people ther
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SBarns
Just west of Birmingham, you know Kidderminster? Yeah I was originally intending to go to St Andrews and then make the decision, but I knew it was the right place so just firmed it. Heriot Watt, what's yours?

Yeah I know Kidderminster.
I think I've been planning to go to Lancaster since around this time last year, when I first got their prospectus and started properly looking into studying Maths.
My insurance is Keele, they wanted ABC so I figured it was a safe bet and would allow me to definitely avoid clearing :smile:
Original post by Mandehmorning
Hey, will be firming for BA Geography with a year abroad, so excited for October!! :smile:

awesome what college are you thinking of?
Reply 908
Yeah I know Kidderminster.
I think I've been planning to go to Lancaster since around this time last year, when I first got their prospectus and started properly looking into studying Maths.
My insurance is Keele, they wanted ABC so I figured it was a safe bet and would allow me to definitely avoid clearing :smile:

Yeah, it's a wonderful place... :wink:
My head of maths went to Lancaster many, many years ago, so that's where I first heard of it, and ahh that's sensible, HW want BBB, a nice low offer.
Reply 909
either furness standard or county superior standard and sorry i dont really remember many people ther

Ah sounds good, and no worries was just wondering :smile: Which course did you apply for?
Original post by SBarns
Ah sounds good, and no worries was just wondering :smile: Which course did you apply for?

G100 (just maths) what about you?
awesome what college are you thinking of?

not sure yet, but liked the look of Furness. Are you doing Geography too? :smile:
Reply 912
G100 (just maths) what about you?

G103, the study abroad one. Not sure if I actually want to go abroad yet, but I figured it would be easier to opt out than opt in. I have no idea about minor options though...
Original post by SBarns
G103, the study abroad one. Not sure if I actually want to go abroad yet, but I figured it would be easier to opt out than opt in. I have no idea about minor options though...

ah fe i'm thinking computer science
Really what are you thinking of doing your minor in, I was thinking computer science

Marketing :smile: or mybe psychology just to see the hype about the subject from my friends, seriously all apart from 3 of my friends who are going uni have decided to take it :L
Original post by Mandehmorning
not sure yet, but liked the look of Furness. Are you doing Geography too? :smile:

Yeh furness looks cool and no i'm doing maths :smile:
Original post by SBarns

You know the minor options, are you talking about elective modules? (Like, 20 credits or so in a different subject other than maths)
Or an actual minor subject / dual honours heavily weighted on Maths?

If we're talking electives, do you know if we get them in the first year or is it second/later?
Cheers
They have a job shop that helps you get a job but i don't know how good it is sorry

Ahar..

I guess I need to re think Lancaster then.
ah fe i'm thinking computer science

Original post by JordanS94
Marketing :smile: or mybe psychology just to see the hype about the subject from my friends, seriously all apart from 3 of my friends who are going uni have decided to take it :L

Are you talking Minor's as in Dual Honors with more maths, or just elective minor modules? If we're talking electives, do we get to do these in the first year or is it just second/later?
Reply 919
You know the minor options, are you talking about elective modules? (Like, 20 credits or so in a different subject other than maths)
Or an actual minor subject / dual honours heavily weighted on Maths?

If we're talking electives, do you know if we get them in the first year or is it second/later?
Cheers

The first. The Lancaster system is (as I understand it), such that you do a minor subject of 20 or so credits in the first year, and you then drop it for the second/third/fourth years. There is a page in the prospectus with a list of them on and the required prerequisites, I'll try and find it... :smile:

EDIT: Pages 200/201 of this: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/admissions/undergrad/12/appendices.pdf
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest