The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Hi stephanie, what dates your Teesside interview? Good luck for tomorrow :smile:
Original post by sweetcheeks041182
I have received a letter saying i have been succesful to interview stage , however not received date yet. frustrating I know

Hiya i have an interview on the 20th of March at northumbria whens yours?:smile:
Reply 102
Hi guys
Please what's the difference btw an ODP and a srcub Nurse
Am not of which to apply for, adult nursing or ODP?
Which is more recognised ESP aboard ? is dere any career progression in ODP?
Tanx
Original post by Ideeva
Hi guys
Please what's the difference btw an ODP and a srcub Nurse
Am not of which to apply for, adult nursing or ODP?
Which is more recognised ESP aboard ? is dere any career progression in ODP?
Tanx

ODP's are trained to work in anaesthetics, scrub and recovery, whereas nurses are not. For a nurse to do anaesthetics they have to complete a further course post registration. While the role of the ODP is expanding the vast majority of them are confined to working within the theatre environment, nurses however can move to a vast variety of areas.
Reply 104
Original post by moonkatt
ODP's are trained to work in anaesthetics, scrub and recovery, whereas nurses are not. For a nurse to do anaesthetics they have to complete a further course post registration. While the role of the ODP is expanding the vast majority of them are confined to working within the theatre environment, nurses however can move to a vast variety of areas.

Tank u
Reply 105
hi i have an interview at Coventry in a week, they said i will have to do an exam, group discussion as well as an interview, did anyone else have to the the exam as well?? if yes, what sort of questions do they ask??
Reply 106
?????????
Reply 107
Original post by smurphy49
Hi,

I have applied for sept 2011. Which is degree level. Dips finish April this year. You will need level III to enter at this level. I am still awaiting a decision. Admissions informed me decisions will be coming through in a couple of days. There are 50 and its very competitive. I am currently on Access subjects including psychol, Health Science and Biology A level, I also have GCSEs Additional Science and maths and english. I am currently a support worker working with vulnerable adults and have done this job for six and half years. I only have this uni down. All students have had their offers, interviews and secured places and im feeling the pressure. But I have stayed true to what I want. I have worked hard to get where I am now. They have events such as observation days in theatre for the day and there was one in January. There is a talk in april, but try and track events. I have also registered with the the Royal College of ODP and there are quaterly journals relating to this. I have been preparing for an interview because I know they are taking place throughout March. I have focused on infection control and wound management. Also been reading lots on areas of application. I specifically want to work in Trauma, critical care, transplant. When I went to open days they advised me that my job will secure an interview. But from tracking other applicants a lot have deferred from last year, plus there will be deferrals from April i wreckon with it going to degree. Anyhow I hope this helps you. good luck:smile:

Hi you know for degree level, how much bursary will you receive as i've heard it is lower.
Thanks
Has any one received offers or unsuccessful from Northumbria for ODP yet ? deadline date was friday gone and I still havent heard anything???
Reply 109
Original post by Botakgi
Hi you know for degree level, how much bursary will you receive as i've heard it is lower.
Thanks

It's income-assessed and the amount you receive is dependent on your household's overall earnings, parents, partner etc. Unlike the non- income assessed bursary, you are also eligable for a maintenance grant from Student Finance England. This makes up for some of the reduction in bursary. Hope this helps x
has ne one heard from uclan for offers yet?
YAY got an unconditional offer from Uclan for ODP anyone else joining me in september?
Reply 112
anybody starting ODP at huddersfield in September? :smile:
Reply 113
Original post by meldee
hi jaquebrazilUk

my interview went well, l gues you are busy preparing. just take it easy. anyway Good Luck

Hi there,

could you tell me whether the interview at Edge Hill for the ODP course is a group interview or an individual interview please?

Many thanks
Reply 114
does anyone know whether the interview at Edge Hill University for the ODP course is a group interview or an individual interview. Many thanks
Reply 115
Original post by nicuk2012
does anyone know whether the interview at Edge Hill University for the ODP course is a group interview or an individual interview. Many thanks

I have an interview at Edge Hill on the 3rd, I think it may be both :smile:
Reply 116
Thanks Imon for your reply, I didn't realise there would be interviews at the moment? with the closing date not being until Jan 15th? Have you applied for the April or Sept 2013 intake and which campus have you gone for, Edge Hill or the Manchester one? Struggling to decide between the 2.
Reply 117
Original post by nicuk2012
Thanks Imon for your reply, I didn't realise there would be interviews at the moment? with the closing date not being until Jan 15th? Have you applied for the April or Sept 2013 intake and which campus have you gone for, Edge Hill or the Manchester one? Struggling to decide between the 2.

I have applied for the september 2013 intake :smile: At the ormskirk campus x
Reply 118
Best of luck with your interview :smile:
Reply 119
Original post by lmon
I have applied for the september 2013 intake :smile: At the ormskirk campus x

Hi Imon,

how did your interview go at Edge Hill? Was it a group and individual interview? x

Latest