Scottish Art Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Interior Design ! :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by mrzmar
i just got an invitation to an applicant day on the 16th !!! :smile:

Good luck :smile:
My applicant day at ECA was on 1 March, so I guess we can expect the answers when they're done with all applicants?
Reply 62
Original post by Senika
Good luck :smile:
My applicant day at ECA was on 1 March, so I guess we can expect the answers when they're done with all applicants?

How did you find it? Mine was on the 2nd, was quite a relief that we weren't in the room when they looked at the folios and weren't asked questions hehe
Reply 63
Thank you!! :smile: how was it? what kind of questions did they ask? or did they ask any? andddd also, how much work did you take with you? im stressing out right now because i have 3 projects that i'll be taking and im not sure if its too much of what to take.
Reply 64
You just go in, register, go to your room and lay out all your stuff - portfolio and sketchbooks. You then meet up with the rest of your group, go on a tour for about an hour whilst they look at your folio. At the end you go back to the room and meet up with like the head of fine art and the head of first year but i guess that depends on what you are doing, if you are doing design it'll probably be the head of design. Then you get to ask questions about anything you like, they aren't seeing who is more inquisitive or who is more confident etc they don't keep tabs on that at all! I took about 19 A1 sheets of work, i took all my sketchbooks.. I think you should just take all your high quality work because they don't ask for a specific amount and it shows how much you have done! Remember to answer those questions in the email.. i totally almost forgot about them. It was actually really enjoyable, they are well nice! Wow this was so long, hope it was useful in some way :smile:
Reply 65
oooh! im glad to hear that they dont keep tabs on who the questions because i already went to look round eca in november and i didnt go to the open day as i could make it so i had a one on one chat with the programme leader there and i already asked the questions i needed answering. haha . also, im glad that im not the only one that is taking a lot of work. ill probably have around 19-20 a1 sheets and 2 sketchbooks. haha, yeah, im trying to answer the questions now and the one about my best piece of work is pretty hard to answer. thank you very very much for filling me in.it was really hepful. im starting to calm down a bit now haha. x
Reply 66
You are welcome, glad I could help ! :smile: Good luck to you. Also, it's in the glass building .. i had no idea where Everton House was so had to research it about 10 minutes before I left haha!
Reply 67
I got the portfolio submission letter in for Art and Design Gen Foundation at Dundee, 13th April. Anyone else applied for that?
Reply 68
Original post by Lambiscon
I got the portfolio submission letter in for Art and Design Gen Foundation at Dundee, 13th April. Anyone else applied for that?

yep yep!
Reply 69
Original post by Ailieo15
You are welcome, glad I could help ! :smile: Good luck to you. Also, it's in the glass building .. i had no idea where Everton House was so had to research it about 10 minutes before I left haha!

thankss! yeah, i know. its quite hard to find. it took me about 20 minutes in november :smile:) haha. thank you anywayy! hopefully we'll hear back soon. *fingers crossed* x
Reply 70
How did you find it? Mine was on the 2nd, was quite a relief that we weren't in the room when they looked at the folios and weren't asked questions hehe

I didn't find it, I was just making assumptions :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by Senika
I didn't find it, I was just making assumptions :smile:

I was meaning how did you find the interview/applicant day thing! hehe
Reply 72
I was meaning how did you find the interview/applicant day thing! hehe

Oh sorry! I got an email haha
Reply 73
hahaha no i mean, did you enjoy the interview? :P
Reply 74
hahaha no i mean, did you enjoy the interview? :P

That was AWKWARD. I must be having a really bad English day today. Me likes banana apple sausage :bl:

And now the best part: I didn't even go to the Applicant Day, because I couldn't afford the flight. I'd just sent my CD folio and I damn hope they got it on time. I visited ECA back in October though and it was lovely. I didn't have a chance to see the facilities but I heard they're amazing + Dave Williams (programme leader) seems like a great guy.
I really hope ECA will accept me, cause at least they offer scholarships... Dude, I hate being poor.
Reply 75
hahaha! :P
Oh right, good that you managed to get your stuff sent to them though. Yeh the school is awesome, its actually huge! So many facilities too!
Good luck to ya :biggrin:
hahaha! :P
Oh right, good that you managed to get your stuff sent to them though. Yeh the school is awesome, its actually huge! So many facilities too!
Good luck to ya :biggrin:

Lovely studios overlooking the castle.
Reply 77
Guys do you get invited to an applicants day at different times or was this some event held at ECA. I applied for painting there and I didn't hear anything about an applicants day, please tell me I've not missed something really important
Reply 78
Original post by lilnibras
Guys do you get invited to an applicants day at different times or was this some event held at ECA. I applied for painting there and I didn't hear anything about an applicants day, please tell me I've not missed something really important

Got invited, but there was several different applicants days i think they are still going on for the next week or so
Reply 79
Original post by Lambiscon

Me too! I've already sent the confirmation form. :redface:

I'm also waiting to hear from ECA. I've applied for the Animation course and submitted the mini-portfolio, but I think I didn't do my best at all, as I haven't heard anything back since then. :frown: Anyone else for the same course?

Quick Reply

Latest