The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Worcester Uni Applicants 2012

Hello everyone, just thought that I would start up a new thread where people could post what courses they've applied for/got offers for & also state what campus they would be at & what accomodation they would stop in. To start things off ive got an unconditional offer for sports coaching science at the St Johns Campus & I think i'll be applying for silver accommodation as I know a couple of people that live in silver & it seems to be the most lively & friendliest of the different types of accommodation

Scroll to see replies

hey, i've accepted Worcester as my firm conditional for primary education, i'll be at St Johns and i'd like platinum accommodation, gold as my second choice :smile:
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
Reply 2
Hey everyone, I've made worcester my Firm conditional choice studying Business, Management and Marketing. I will be staying at St Johns too and was contemplating staying in silver but for the sake of £5, im going to apply for Gold accomodation. Hope to see you all in September :smile:
Reply 3
Fair enough :smile: do either of you know anyone else going to worcester or will you be starting out on your own? & where abouts are you from do you live in the midlands or further?
my friend has also put worcester as her firm choice so if we both get the grades, i'll know one person :smile: i live in the midlands, around 45 minutes away by car (roughly). how about you ?
Reply 5
I've got an unconditional offer for History and Sports Studies :smile: 99% sure it'll be my firm :smile:
Probably gonna apply for Platinum St Johns, Platinum City Centre, and Gold St Johns (really want en-suit, but can't justify paying for Platinum Plus!). As for the questions on here, I've got two mates already there, and only live like hour and half away :smile:
Reply 6
I live in walsall so im about 45-50 minutes away as well give or take :smile: & i know a few people that go there already that I went to 6th form with but im having a gap year so ill be a year behind them when I go :smile: do any of you have facebook or twitter?
Reply 7
hey everyone, i've got a conditional offer for sport and exercise psychology and i have an interview this month for human biology and physical education :smile: i will be living at home as i already live in worcester. :smile:
Reply 8
I may know somebody when i go but he hasnt made his mind up yet. I'm from just outside Walsall, so 45 minutes ish away.
Reply 9
Worcester's my firm for primary teaching (5-11) so I'm up on the St Johns campus :smile: and I'd like platinum or gold ideally (although I'd really like my own bathroom if I'm honest).

I'm not too far from worcester, like 40-45 minutes away, but I don't know that many people going. I know one other person applying for my course and two people applying for biology and midifery (different campus I think) but other than that I'm on my own.
Original post by girlyfrog
Worcester's my firm for primary teaching (5-11) so I'm up on the St Johns campus :smile: and I'd like platinum or gold ideally (although I'd really like my own bathroom if I'm honest).

I'm not too far from worcester, like 40-45 minutes away, but I don't know that many people going. I know one other person applying for my course and two people applying for biology and midifery (different campus I think) but other than that I'm on my own.

woo im the 'other person' :wink:

now we just have to wait to apply for accommodation ! worcester still havent made their mind up when the system actually opens :rolleyes:
Reply 11
Original post by gemmaj
woo im the 'other person' :wink:

now we just have to wait to apply for accommodation ! worcester still havent made their mind up when the system actually opens :rolleyes:

:smile:

so much for opening in early march :confused:
Original post by girlyfrog

so much for opening in early march :confused:

exactly ! hopefully they will get it up and running soon, i'm sure everyone is keen to sort out their accommodation early :smile:
Reply 13
Just accepted my unconditional for Worcester :smile: so now it's just accommodation and finance to sort out :frown:
hey, just wondering if anyone knows when we can start applying for accomodation and how does it all work? At the open day they said once I had confirmed my place within a few weeks I would get something through the post ..yet I confirmed my place about 6 weeks ago and havent heard a thing? Anyone else heard anything?x
Original post by jodie.smith247
hey, just wondering if anyone knows when we can start applying for accomodation and how does it all work? At the open day they said once I had confirmed my place within a few weeks I would get something through the post ..yet I confirmed my place about 6 weeks ago and havent heard a thing? Anyone else heard anything?x

i confirmed Worcester as my firm in mid February and haven't heard anything back either. The accommodation applications haven't started yet i dont think, hopefully they'll open up the process soon :smile: the website still has the information for the current academic year so they'll probably update that sometime and then send out all the paperwork to people
Reply 16
Original post by jodie.smith247

The website is still saying that if you've confirmed by the end of april you'll hear around the second week of may but worcester have said it'll probably open a bit earlier.

I did email accommodation asking and got a reply saying they were expecting to open around the start of march due to the increased demand in places, but seeing as that's gone I'm guessing they changed their mind ... or they're still sorting stuff out as there's still interviews going on.

As far as I can tell they'll send you all the information you need so its just a case of waiting on them for it all to get sent through

Reply 17
Hiya guys,

I'm going to Firm Worcester too :smile: I'm doing pre hospital unscheduled and emergency care (to be a paramedic)

Can't wait to start, any other paras or HCP's? Xx
okay thanks so just a case of waiting then.. i hope they hurry up aha!

Does anyone know if student nurses at worcester all get put together in halls? Just becuase I know some unis put student nurses in seperate accomodation because of shifts ect.
Reply 19
Hey! Just been offered an unconditional to study history here today, if i go i'll be at the St John's campus, unsure of the accommodation yet though! :smile:

Quick Reply