The Student Room Group

Where can I meet more guys?

I know this sounds silly but I am literally at a loss as to where people meet guys. I am 23 years old in my first year of uni (so living with people who are a few years younger) the house I live in is all girls, my course is mainly all girls and although I do extra-curricular stuff it's mainly all girly stuff like dancing or yoga. I don't really want to start a new society or sport just to meet men, as that seems a bit desperate! I meet guys all the time on nights out but that sort of thing never really goes anywhere. Help!
Whenever you want to meet new people, do something new/different - walk a different route, go to a coffee shop, book store, music shop...

You don't have to dedicate your whole social life to finding a guy by taking up kickboxing or kayaking.
Reply 2
Just hang around the engineering department at whatever uni you go to. As an engineering student, I can tell you that there will be a load of lads there haha.
Message me babe :wink:
Reply 4
In the basement of computer labs :biggrin: Do my course- all guys sadly.
TSR innit
Reply 6
Original post by parasitic
In the basement of computer labs :biggrin: Do my course- all guys sadly.

i feel you pain mate :frown:
what about any lads who know your mates? get a mate to set you up?
Street Corner. You will not only get to meet guys, but you will get paid for the privilege.
Friends of friends
Original post by Anonymous
I know this sounds silly but I am literally at a loss as to where people meet guys. I am 23 years old in my first year of uni (so living with people who are a few years younger) the house I live in is all girls, my course is mainly all girls and although I do extra-curricular stuff it's mainly all girly stuff like dancing or yoga. I don't really want to start a new society or sport just to meet men, as that seems a bit desperate! I meet guys all the time on nights out but that sort of thing never really goes anywhere. Help!

probably because you're passive and don't take any initiative.
Trawl the internet and find my ads! :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by guppygould
Just hang around the engineering department at whatever uni you go to. As an engineering student, I can tell you that there will be a load of lads there haha.

+1 to this. 200+ people in my engineering lectures.... less than a dozen are female.

Maybe you should change course OP....
Original post by Anonymous

You need to try new things and go with the flow. When you stop searching in a blind panic you'll find 'him'.

Also, you are less than likely to meet decent men on the club and bar scene. Bars and clubs are all about the moment. Don't be part of the meat market! Why don't you try new things? Your life seems boring anyway. If you're in a big city then i'm sure there's lots of events going on! Get out of the student community and explore.
(edited 12 years ago)
It's not like anyone would know you'd joined a club/society primarily to meet men... If there's one you'd like to join anyway, then go for it. It's one of the best ways to meet new people at uni. :smile:
Reply 14
TSR

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending