The Student Room Group

BANK OF ENGLAND gap year scheme 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by bobbyjimmy
Im surprised this is not more popular on here, this is one of the best schemes around from what i could see.

I guess people like to keep it secret...

Does anyone know if the job is for Back Office?
Reply 41
Original post by jokosor
I guess people like to keep it secret...

Does anyone know if the job is for Back Office?

Most of these schemes are, and by the sound of the role they outline it seems very back office, all good experience though I suppose.
Reply 42
Original post by Tateco
Most of these schemes are, and by the sound of the role they outline it seems very back office, all good experience though I suppose.

Thanks, in that case then it will not offer much of an edge when applying for Spring Weeks. Furthermore of all schemes only this one involves Back Office (I think). I'm Pretty sure that all the 1/2 days pre university programs all focus on Front Office.
Half of Rothschild recruits will be offered places in Front Office and the Windsor Fellowship program also is for Front Office.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by jokosor
Thanks, in that case then it will not offer much of an edge when applying for Spring Weeks. Furthermore of all schemes this is the only that involves Back Office (I think). I'm Pretty sure that all the 1/2 days pre university programs all focus on Front Office.
Half of Rothschild recruits will be offered places in Front Office and the Windsor Fellowship program also is for Front Office.

What are the 1/2 day things? Also, how do you know Rothschild will do that? It says the are for the information centre. Is the Windsor fellowship program the London borough specific one?
Reply 44
AHHH as soon as anyone hears back about tests, post it on here. I am terrified that I didn't make it :'(
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by Tateco
What are the 1/2 day things? Also, how do you know Rothschild will do that? It says the are for the information centre. Is the Windsor fellowship program the London borough specific one?

They are banks "insight" programs which may last for one or two days. Application is competitive and it won't add much to your CV. However the real benefit is the networking, if you work hard enough you might be able to build a relationship with someone. Most people go there for the sake of adding it to their CV while missing the former point, thus essentially wasting the experience. There's quite a few of them, for example the BoAML one.
If you check the older Rothschild threads you will see that some students received admin offers (back office) while others were offered to join the investment banking team. Yes you are correct about the Windsor one.
Reply 46
Original post by jokosor
They are banks "insight" programs which may last for one or two days. Application is competitive and it won't add much to your CV. However the real benefit is the networking, if you work hard enough you might be able to build a relationship with someone. Most people go there for the sake of adding it to their CV while missing the former point, thus essentially wasting the experience. There's quite a few of them, for example the BoAML one.
If you check the older Rothschild threads you will see that some students received admin offers (back office) while others were offered to join the investment banking team. Yes you are correct about the Windsor one.

I know there is nothing in it for you but have you got a link to the BAML one? I've only seem the JPM one. I thought back then they had two separate positions available, one for Ic, one for IBD...
Reply 47
Original post by Tateco
I know there is nothing in it for you but have you got a link to the BAML one? I've only seem the JPM one. I thought back then they had two separate positions available, one for Ic, one for IBD...

I guess the most competent ones were picked for IBD and the rest for IC. I will PM it to you, too many stalkers on these threads.

People stop PMing me about it, unless I know you I won't send it. Finding it was a real pain so if you want it go and look for it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 48
Just got an email saying I didn't get through to the next round. But chin up! best of luck to whoever made it through :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by RajPopat94
Just got an email saying I didn't get through to the next round. But chin up! best of luck to whoever made it through :smile:

ahh I didn't get that :/ when was your test? I'm terrified now !
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by Moiraclaire
ahh I didn't get that :/ when was your test? I'm terrified now !

5th March, Monday before last. I am sure you will hear soon. Seriously, good luck :smile: post on here when you find out!
Reply 51
5th March, Monday before last. I am sure you will hear soon. Seriously, good luck :smile: post on here when you find out!

Mine was Friday the 2nd. Ah we'll see !! But I didn't finish 2 of the 3 tests so :L
Reply 52
Mine was Friday the 2nd. Ah we'll see !! But I didn't finish 2 of the 3 tests so :L

You finished the maths test?! You must think/write like a maniac, haha. How come you're doing a gap year? :smile:
Reply 53
You finished the maths test?! You must think/write like a maniac, haha. How come you're doing a gap year? :smile:

no I finished spelling and grammar only.

did 2 of the 3 parts in the other two tests. My decision making was appalling!

I'm only taking a gap year if I get this. Because I'm doing Econ so would be really insightful for my degree and useful to put on CV for the future :smile:
Reply 54
no I finished spelling and grammar only.

did 2 of the 3 parts in the other two tests. My decision making was appalling!

I'm only taking a gap year if I get this. Because I'm doing Econ so would be really insightful for my degree and useful to put on CV for the future :smile:

Yessir, my decision making was terrible also. But like I said, good luck :smile: your reasoning is similar to mine. Except Bank of England would have been more of a back up if I don't get LSE :smile: x
Reply 55
They rejected me, BOOHOO hating life </3
Reply 56
They rejected me, BOOHOO hating life </3

Aw man. Hope your uni offers work out better :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU&ob=av2e
Reply 57
Aw man. Hope your uni offers work out better :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU&ob=av2e

They have doen don't worry :smile: