The Student Room Group

AUCB / Bournemouth Arts College University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by kue_cubit
Hi guys,

I got an interview on 16 of February for Film Production. Im sooo nervous! It's my first choice, and I really wanna get in there. And I dunno what kinda questions they gonna ask me. Do u guys have any idea?

My interview for film production at AUCB was in Jan and I got an offer for year 1.

They watched my showreel and asked me about it, my inspirations etc then looked at my other work: photos, art and just had talked about films I liked. The people who interviewed me were both producers and thats what I'm into so it was easy, the conversation flowed (I felt like I talked way too much but it paid off!)

Good luck!!
Reply 41
Wow you must be so relieve now, you don't need to worry bout university thingy anymore.. Have you post some of your works online? I really wanna see it :smile:
Well, hopefully i'll not as nervous as i thought i'll be. Cos if i'm nervous i'll talk rubbish lol
Got my interview for Makeup for media and performance on the 26th march! Probably going to die of stress adding to my portfolio until i'm satisfied enough! Did any one else have the group interviews that the link talks about because I was not expecting that at all?
Reply 43
I have my interview on Monday for Arts management. Major nervous but excited.
Apparently grades aren't a huge factor. It's talent and passion and commitment etc.
Really hoping it goes well! It's my first choice :biggrin:
Reply 44
Original post by kue_cubit
Wow you must be so relieve now, you don't need to worry bout university thingy anymore.. Have you post some of your works online? I really wanna see it :smile:
Well, hopefully i'll not as nervous as i thought i'll be. Cos if i'm nervous i'll talk rubbish lol

Yes I'm so happy and relieved! I've got a few things online. Have you? Would love to see your work! http://www.youtube.com/user/aharriottgregory?blend=1&ob=0

Let me know how it goes! And Good luck!!
Got my offer for fine art today, sooo relieved yayayayyyy. good luck everyone :smile: xx
Reply 46
Just got my offer too! So wishing luck also! xoxo
Reply 47
Has anyone been offered for Interior Arch? Let me know!
Reply 48
Original post by lipglossandblack
Got my interview for Makeup for media and performance on the 26th march! Probably going to die of stress adding to my portfolio until i'm satisfied enough! Did any one else have the group interviews that the link talks about because I was not expecting that at all?

Hey, I had my interview but it was one on one. I was expecting it to be more formal but it was quite landed back. Didn't really now what to expect, but got my place :smile: good luck! xx
Reply 49
Has anyone had an interview at AUCB for photography? if so how was it, i've got one soon and im kinda nervous not sure what to expect, anyone been interviewed yet?
Original post by mollymoo
Hey, I had my interview but it was one on one. I was expecting it to be more formal but it was quite landed back. Didn't really now what to expect, but got my place :smile: good luck! xx

Well done! You must be so pleased! Was Bournemouth your first choice? I really hope my portfolio's up to scratch. Did they just ask things like who inspires you and why you want to do the course? xx
Reply 51
Well done! You must be so pleased! Was Bournemouth your first choice? I really hope my portfolio's up to scratch. Did they just ask things like who inspires you and why you want to do the course? xx

I didn't think I would get it and got the reply a day after, so was a big shock that i actually got in. Yep, make sure you look at Oscar winners etc (iron lady!!). I think that they just want to see that your passionate and how much you want to do it, don't hold back!! Good luck, whens your interview? xx
Reply 52
Hey,
I just got an unconditional offer from Bournemouth uni to study their photography course and i just wandered if anybody that is on the course or knows anything about it could share their views?
I'm having a hard time deciding weather to accept the offer. Any help will be appreciated!
Reply 53
Anyone got offers for Fashion design and technology? :smile:
I didn't think I would get it and got the reply a day after, so was a big shock that i actually got in. Yep, make sure you look at Oscar winners etc (iron lady!!). I think that they just want to see that your passionate and how much you want to do it, don't hold back!! Good luck, whens your interview? xx

Awesome, thanks! I didn't actually watch the oscars cos i was at work. did you have any makeup work in your portfolio? my interviews on the 26th. i wonder how many people they actually interview? i don't see how it works to let some people ont he course before they've even interviewed everyone? they must choose a set number of people to get a place for each interview day or something. i really really want a place so ill let you know how it goes! what did most people wear? did they ask alot of qus about your work? im not really expecting to get in just because i know so many people apply xxx
Reply 55
Awesome, thanks! I didn't actually watch the oscars cos i was at work. did you have any makeup work in your portfolio? my interviews on the 26th. i wonder how many people they actually interview? i don't see how it works to let some people ont he course before they've even interviewed everyone? they must choose a set number of people to get a place for each interview day or something. i really really want a place so ill let you know how it goes! what did most people wear? did they ask alot of qus about your work? im not really expecting to get in just because i know so many people apply xxx

Neither, I just looked them up and had seen The Iron Lady but they didn't really ask that much. Nope had no makeup work, had ceramics work that was about the face though. I think they interview everyone and there were about 10 people at my interview. Some majorly dressed up with big heels, but you have a tour so wouldn't suggest them! Just make sure you know your work and the reasons why you did it and you should be fine!! Have you applied anywhere else? Good luck!! xxx
Reply 56
Just got an offer for Film Production :smile:
see ya guys in September :biggrin:
Reply 57
I had an interview forthe fine art course and they rejected me and i was genuinly gutted because it was my first choice but then they sent me a letter that they had reconsidered and gave me an offer of a pass in my art foundation course, so i have put it as my firm choice on ucas, i am just worried about the accomodation now because they don't really have a halls :/
Neither, I just looked them up and had seen The Iron Lady but they didn't really ask that much. Nope had no makeup work, had ceramics work that was about the face though. I think they interview everyone and there were about 10 people at my interview. Some majorly dressed up with big heels, but you have a tour so wouldn't suggest them! Just make sure you know your work and the reasons why you did it and you should be fine!! Have you applied anywhere else? Good luck!! xxx

no, just applying here! :s-smilie: im just going to wear my dm's. all my work is basically portrait work as i havent been in school or college the last 7 years so i havent been doing "project" work and dont want to include much of my a level work atall as wouldnt be happy talking about it now so i dont really have any special deep and meaningful reasons for doing most of my work other than i needed to build a portfolio up to apply for this course. i can talk about why i like drawing portraits so much though.did you have much coloured work because it sunds like they want to see good use of colour and i only have a few pieces xxx
Reply 59
no, just applying here! :s-smilie: im just going to wear my dm's. all my work is basically portrait work as i havent been in school or college the last 7 years so i havent been doing "project" work and dont want to include much of my a level work atall as wouldnt be happy talking about it now so i dont really have any special deep and meaningful reasons for doing most of my work other than i needed to build a portfolio up to apply for this course. i can talk about why i like drawing portraits so much though.did you have much coloured work because it sunds like they want to see good use of colour and i only have a few pieces xxx

Yeah had colour throughout it. None of my portraits were in colour though, but had mixed media drawings that used paint and ink so they were in colour plus other drawings, my actual pieces and design ideas that had colour. Think they are expecting a range of work, some girls only had makeup portfolios. They wanted to see my life drawing though. I hate doing portfolios! Have to change mine for an interview tomorrow :frown: xx

Quick Reply