The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nameismark87
How long is it until you find out your results from the tests? Also thank you for being so helpful, has put me more at ease with what to expect :biggrin:

the man said a week or less, last year i got it 2 days after :smile: it's ok, u're welcome :smile:
Reply 1001
Still haven't received the details for the aptitude test :frown:
anyone getting the train from Edinburgh at half 10 tomorrow going to Aberdeen for the test?
starts at 10?,
they must be doing alot of aptitude tests, mine doesn't start till 2.
So what happened at ur tests today ppl? How did it go?
Reply 1005
@WKing. I received a letter notifying me that my application has been forwarded to ecitb a few weeks ago. It can be between 4-10 weeks before you get the test dates.

@Kenny222.....you wont be the oldest there mate.
Would you mind giving a brief explanation of the "processor" style questions? A few people have said its a slight stumbling point.
Would you mind giving a brief explanation of the "processor" style questions? A few people have said its a slight stumbling point.

Google it man. Google is the solution to many problems.
Reply 1008
Right so i done the aptitude test yesterday in Aberdeen.

Struggled (in my opinion) with calculator paper and mechanical comprehension paper. My brain was probably fried from that long.. straight.. tedious drive to Aberdeen (this will be my appeal case if I dont get in).

Does anyone know what the pass mark is? I know you have to pass all 5 papers but surely theres a percentage threshold on the individual papers?

..And as previously mentioned, I wont divulge any information or tips on the tests. That would put us early birds at an unfair advantage. Best to go in with an open mind anyway (Y)
Original post by JAYP91
Right so i done the aptitude test yesterday in Aberdeen.

Struggled (in my opinion) with calculator paper and mechanical comprehension paper. My brain was probably fried from that long.. straight.. tedious drive to Aberdeen (this will be my appeal case if I dont get in).

Does anyone know what the pass mark is? I know you have to pass all 5 papers but surely theres a percentage threshold on the individual papers?

..And as previously mentioned, I wont divulge any information or tips on the tests. That would put us early birds at an unfair advantage. Best to go in with an open mind anyway (Y)

true, who knows wat the pass percentage is? i hope it's 50% :s-smilie:
Reply 1010
was it the same test as last year?
hey has anyone got there apptitude test next thursday in portlethen ? x
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by damilola
true, who knows wat the pass percentage is? i hope it's 50% :s-smilie:

nahh m8 its about 75% to 80% pass mark, it depends on how many people have applied and how well people do, if people do very well then they will increase the pass mark.
anyone got any results yet?
Original post by kenny222
So it's down to this then for me. Despite having great academic credentials I have been knocked back for all my graduate jobs and all apprenticeships bar this one. Opito is literally my last chance for the year. (TBH it's the one I wanted most but it's now my only one). And it's in the hands of the computer marking my test that I thought I done well in but knowing my current luck I FUBAR.

I take it we both got turned down for INEOS then? I feel completely hopeless right now, it's just.... bleurgh :s-smilie:
Original post by kenny222
Yeah. Try being in our position with a degree. It actually depresses me. Normally I can manage to find at least one positive in any given situation but just now I can't find any. And I'm nearly 25 too.

I'm in a similar position to you, although my degree is in something completely different, Sports and Exercise Science. After spending 4 years doing the course I decided that wasn't the career path I wanted to follow. I'm currently working for Scotrail dealing with rude passengers everyday, I see this as my last chance at having a rewarding and exciting career with world wide opportunities. I'll be 25 in October. To make it worse I've developed a really bad chest infection over the last couple of days and have my aptitude test on monda. I really hope I can get my head in the game as I've barely been able to get out of bed!
I know what you mean, lets nope they are looking for some people with work/life experience as well. I feel if I can make it to the interview stage I'll be able to get across my eagerness for the position as well as tie in why the jobs I've had has given me relavent skills for the position. Heres hoping we both get it so we have someone in the same age group to talk to haha.
We just have to stay positive though, we still have this and it's something :smile: I expected U to get into INEOS though kenny, it's utter b.s. the whole thing.
Got my aptitude tests tomorrow at 10am, I'm bricking it! Even drove out there tonight to make sure I knew actually where I'm going. Hopefully my nerves don't get the best of me tomorrow.
Got my aptitude tests tomorrow at 10am, I'm bricking it! Even drove out there tonight to make sure I knew actually where I'm going. Hopefully my nerves don't get the best of me tomorrow.

good luck! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest