The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths - Unit 2 Higher Tier March 5th 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
anyone remember the upper and lower bounds?
anyone now what they got for the exchange question...the difference ?
Reply 22
i wrote 119 for the area of the segment and 10 for the last one as well!! :smile:
Are the model answers up yet? I really want to see it! By the way how do u get x=10 for te last answer? I multiplied both sides outside the fraction?
Reply 24
Original post by YNWA
i wrote 119 for the area of the segment and 10 for the last one as well!! :smile:

Yaaay! :>
Original post by Putch1
anyone remember the upper and lower bounds?

Yh it was C=3.6 you have to compare the upper and lower bounds and state that both the upper and lower boud correct to two significant figures =3.6
I want model answers for calc link anyone???
Reply 27
Original post by gooner4ever
Yh it was C=3.6 you have to compare the upper and lower bounds and state that both the upper and lower boud correct to two significant figures =3.6

Great :biggrin: , I also rounded to 3.6. But for my reasoning, I wrote '3.6 is between UB 3.61 and LB 3.59;. Would that be a correct reasoning?
Reply 28
I want model answers for calc link anyone???

I think Arsey will post the paper and the answers in an hour or so.
Original post by Putch1
Great :biggrin: , I also rounded to 3.6. But for my reasoning, I wrote '3.6 is between UB 3.61 and LB 3.59;. Would that be a correct reasoning?

Hmmm.. I kinda said tht but talked about significant figures. I fou did all the working out though I'm am almost 80% sure you'll get all the marks
Original post by Putch1
I think Arsey will post the paper and the answers in an hour or so.

You have no idea!! When he'll post it lol! But yeah I agree he'll post itin an hour but in an our I'll be in skol!!
Reply 31
i got the same answer as the other method aswell so it should be right ifi got the answer
Reply 32
You have no idea!! When he'll post it lol! But yeah I agree he'll post itin an hour but in an our I'll be in skol!!

Haha, well on Saturday, around 7am-8am, he posted the first paper and solutions, so I predict he'll do the same for calculator paper :P
Reply 33
Did.anyone get the histogram question???

I for the freq
uency densitybut didn't know to plot.it because the numbers was soon Highness...so I went in 50s
Reply 34
50's? o.O the highest frequency density I calculated was 4.8, so I scaled it to 5
for area of segment i did 1/2 x r squared x sin35-triangle and the found area of sector,then i misused them from each other,is that right??
Original post by Putch1
50's? o.O the highest frequency density I calculated was 4.8, so I scaled it to 5

your right,i got 4.8,1.6. ,0.225 etc so did 1-5
Reply 37
Hey, these are the answers of which I can remember putting down to some specific questions, I reckon its safe now to do so: Rugby Question=25 Area Trapezium=72 Final Fraction Question=x=10 Area Segment=119 Perimeter Triangle= (Something like 236) Tyres Question= £234 Inequality=3.5 Teachers older than 55= 8 Median Age= 42 Upper and Lower Bounds= (Average of Both Calculations=Something like 5.589261851). I only put these up for comparison. Im aiming for a 100 on this paper.
Original post by Sheel1
Did.anyone get the histogram question???

I for the freq
uency densitybut didn't know to plot.it because the numbers was soon Highness...so I went in 50s

you had to find frequency desity and plot that... frequency dens = freq/ class width then you had a max number of like 4.5... or something
RAMM FINAL question ANWSER I WROTE 5!!!

Quick Reply

Latest