The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F215 Control, Genomes and Environment Fri 15 June 2012

Didn’t see any threads on this exam so thought I’ll make one :biggrin: any revision tips or just general thoughts on the exam please post. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Wow...Very Early Thread...Jan exams have only just finished :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by Princess Kawaii
Wow...Very Early Thread...Jan exams have only just finished :tongue:

I know right :tongue: but I just really want that A* :rolleyes:
I'm will have 4 exams in June, this one will take up 90% of my revision :s-smilie:
My brain is failing to understand anything.
Reply 4
Original post by kickasskaz01
Didn’t see any threads on this exam so thought I’ll make one :biggrin: any revision tips or just general thoughts on the exam please post. :smile:

its a bit early, but if i do find some useful stuff ill let everyone know!:smile:
Reply 5
hey has any1 done their practical exam for A2?
Original post by sweets456
hey has any1 done their practical exam for A2?

Yeh....we did one for photosynthesis a while back. Another we'll be doing should be in a month or so I think.

How about u?
What's the difference between reproductive cloning and non-reproductive cloning?
Every time I make the mistake of not revising early enough. I really want to avoid all the stress for the summer, so this thread should hopefully be of some use!
Reply 9
Its going good :smile: there’s just so much content to get through :frown:
That’s great advice, my tip would be to just constantly write and rewrite notes.
Its time consuming but works . :tongue:
Reply 10
hey everyone!! can you please give me some tips..i have an A2 biology practical coursework tomorrow and i'm stressed out..the aim of the investigation is to investigate the response of invertebrates to light and shade conditions. (to do with the behaviour section of this module) It's a QUALITATIVE (10 marks) one, and we're going to be using maggots (eww)! .. has anyone already done a similar one to this..i'm worried please help me..anyone???
Reply 11
lol thank you :biggrin: i'm just worried about the questions lol and thanks (:
Reply 12
When's everyone going to start revision for this? Made the mistake last year of leaving it too late, so I'll be starting within the next 2 weeks!
We're so behind on this course. We seem to have literally covered nothing. The school are getting us in for lessons during the Easter holidays :frown:
Original post by SarahFletcher
We're so behind on this course. We seem to have literally covered nothing. The school are getting us in for lessons during the Easter holidays :frown:

Original post by ellie32
When's everyone going to start revision for this? Made the mistake last year of leaving it too late, so I'll be starting within the next 2 weeks!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1829191
Reply 15
Revision? We haven't even finished a single chapter yet... we did half of Responding to the Environment, now we're half way through Cellular Control. Anyone else this far behind? I don't know how we're gonna fit it all in before June...
Reply 16
Yeah I have been doing. I'm a little ahead of the rest of the class (along with a couple of others who have realised how far behind we are), but not by far. Weird thing is no one seems to care. I don't mind putting the time in though so catching up shouldn't be a problem, I hope. Of course it won't help if I need to retake F214. :s-smilie:
Reply 17
Yeah, just looked at the grade boundaries though and it seems I'll most likely have to resit it (no way I got 47 marks). :frown: Are you doing both in the summer then?
Reply 18
Damn, 7 exams. I thought my 4-5 was bad...
Yeah crazy high boundaries... how'd you do in Physics? Seems I managed to scrape a B in F214 (got 43 marks)... tempted to resit it, but to be honest I'm quite happy with the B considering I dropped about 9-10 marks on the bloody pea/respiration question alone. Since I only need a B in Bio (I'm a linguist) it's probably a better idea to focus on F215 and my languages.
Just received my bio 4 grade - 70/90
I honestly thought i did better, so i'm thinking of remarking.
As of now I need 99/150 in unit 5 which is a C to get an A overall in Biology. But I am also considering going for the A*
There's also a possibility that the remark may go down!

Just wanted to make sure that at the end, they take the best grade for each module?
Because i'm considering applying for the retake and if my mark goes up, then attending the retake without any revision, and if it goes down, perharps revising for it.

Is it possible to cancel a retake after you have paid for it?

Feedback would be incredibly helpful, thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest