The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2012: The early bird catches the firm!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by barbie477
White & Case offer yayyyy! :biggrin: Had totally given up on them! Good luck to those who are still waiting to hear :smile:

Congrats! They must have finally started..wonder how long until they get to the january apps!
Reply 2781
Original post by barbie477
White & Case offer yayyyy! :biggrin: Had totally given up on them! Good luck to those who are still waiting to hear :smile:

Gongrats!!! When did you apply?
Original post by VacS
Arrrgggghhhhh, I hate playing the waiting game :frown:

Agreed. And my obsession with checking this thread is not healthy!
Reply 2783
Original post by countryfile
Congrats! They must have finally started..wonder how long until they get to the january apps!

I applied on the last weekend before the deadline
Reply 2784
Original post by hse999

I have been waiting since November :frown:
Original post by hse999

Ah perfect, I just want to know either way! Did they call or email?
Has anyone got any tips for Simmons' AC?
Does anyone know the dates for the Manches vac scheme? I can't find any specifics...
Has anyone heard anything from; Shoosmiths, Weightmans or Trowers and Hamlins?
Original post by VacS
Gongrats!!! When did you apply?

I applied late December. Good luck!
Original post by kent3016
Yes, I haven't heard a thing from them. Had to go back and check my emails to make sure I had confirmation that I'd actually applied! They said in the email they would notify of the status of the application so I assume that means they will eventually get back to us...

I havent heard either, but I do know that interviews have been taking place from what has been said on here a couple of weeks ago.

I have not heard of any PFOs either, so it is possible they haven't sent their rejections out yet. Being positive however, I think we are on a maybe pile :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Rejection from Eversheds post-interview.
Reply 2792
Hey people, anybody know what is the deal with Cleary Gottlieb? I haven't received anything yet, obviously its a PFO but still its March for God's sake....:cool:
Reply 2793
Original post by Blue locket
Has anyone heard anything from; Shoosmiths, Weightmans or Trowers and Hamlins?

Shoosmiths e-mailed me late last week, explaining that my app is currently being screened and they will let me know the outcome on 16th Mach.

I sent in my app a day before the deadline. :redface:
Reply 2794
Still nothing from:

Stevens & Bolton
Clyde & Co
Macfarlanes
Charles Russell

Anyone else in the same boat?
Reply 2795
What are people's opinions on chasing firms after interview for an answer? Is it *never* ok? Is it ok after two weeks, three, a month?

Thoughts would be appreciated, especially if you have ever rung a HR dept for an answer.
Reply 2796
Has anyone still not heard anything from Withers? I don't know if this is a good sign or a bad sign...
Anyone heard from Debevoise?
Walker Morris vacation scheme :biggrin:
Original post by Susskind
What are people's opinions on chasing firms after interview for an answer? Is it *never* ok? Is it ok after two weeks, three, a month?

Thoughts would be appreciated, especially if you have ever rung a HR dept for an answer.

I think as a general rule, if they've given you a time frame for when they would respond, I'd give them another week on top of that before chasing.

I personally wouldn't chase a firm if I didn't need an answer. It's highly unlikely they've forgotten about you so it could be best to just be patient.

The one time I did chase a HR department it was because I needed a response as I had to reply to another firm that had offered me a vac scheme and wanted to know what the score was to avoid clashing dates. By this point I'd been waiting a month after interview, when they had said I would hear in 2-3 weeks. They replied (perfectly politely) saying they were sorry for the delay and they hoped to get back to me in the next week. That was two weeks ago. I had to reply to the other firm so even if they do now offer me a place (seems unlikely) I'd have to turn them down.

Quick Reply

Latest