The Student Room Group

Analyst Wardrobe

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
I know watches have been discussed but does it really matter what watch you wear??

My everyday watch is a Rolex sub, this should be fine to wear or may it be a bit flash??

Surely no one gives a toss considering an IB is a monied environment anyway!!
Reply 1241
Some of the posts on here make me want to cringe myself away into a different universe
Reply 1242
Ha this thread is back.
Original post by gangst
I know watches have been discussed but does it really matter what watch you wear??

My everyday watch is a Rolex sub, this should be fine to wear or may it be a bit flash??

If you wear that watch, you will definitely get fired on your first day. Fact.
Reply 1244
I don't think you guys got that American Psycho was supposed to be satirical.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1245
if i wear my gucci suit and prada shoes with my rolex watch and drive my ferrari to the office, will the guys mind??????????
Reply 1246
A rolex sub is a pretty pedestrian watch tbh.
Reply 1247
Original post by gangst
A rolex sub is a pretty pedestrian watch tbh.

Watch_For_Pedestrians_Sign_SC1092-ba.jpg
Original post by crustz
I don't think you guys got that American Psycho was supposed to be satirical.

wish I could rep you more :smile:

exactly my attitude when reading this thread
Reply 1249
So the shirts I bought last year don't really fit me well. Charles Tyrwhitt's smallest of the smallest size (fully fitted or whatever term they use) looked ridiculously baggy on me. T M Lewin shirts (which are the ones I bought) look passable, but just not great really. Next shirts fit me well, so I'm thinking of reverting back to those ones.

However, I found this offer online:

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/1569/deals/260798-49-to-spend-towards-one-custom-made-shirt

Worth getting some bespoke shirts?
Original post by gangst

So long as your Rolex knows what the time is and your ass is back with the coffee in good time no one will care.
Anyone can tip me off regarding where to get some nice-but-not-too-pricey custom shirts in London?
I'm looking to spend <100 £ per shirt, and of course I'd like them to be of decent quality.
Hermes ties- they're like Jordans for white ppl. :cool:
Original post by ToxicFrog
Anyone can tip me off regarding where to get some nice-but-not-too-pricey custom shirts in London?
I'm looking to spend <100 £ per shirt, and of course I'd like them to be of decent quality.

Seconded, my Bangkok tailor shirts are still my favourites despite the relatively low quality of material; the fit makes all the difference.
Reply 1254
What do people normally where for dress down Friday?
Non-standard shirt, smart jeans, decent shoes.
Reply 1256
Looking to buy a nice watch with my sign on bonus. Would like to spend up to £500, £1000 at a push. Prefer watches with a leather strap rather than metal. Any suggestions of watches/brands?
Original post by loafer
Jeeeeesus. With hindsight, most of this thread is ****ing cringeworthy.

This subforum is officially dead.

EDIT: Also, I'm looking for a job, holla with any opportunities.

Are you American and speaking out loud?

If no to either of the above, don't say 'holla'. Though I agree with your point, the thread is quite embarrassing. Would love to show a number of posters their input in, say, ten years time.
I was wondering if any could suggest any shoe shops in London which sell Gentleman shoes (think Crockett, Church's style etc..) For around the budget of 200 quid.

I am thinking of the small shops you find where there is only one shop i.e not big franchises, shops like New & Lingwood for example.

I was wondering if people could suggest some hidden gems in London that would suit the type of style of shoes I am looking for, for within my budget.
Reply 1259
Original post by Hackett
I was wondering if any could suggest any shoe shops in London which sell Gentleman shoes (think Crockett, Church's style etc..) For around the budget of 200 quid.

I am thinking of the small shops you find where there is only one shop i.e not big franchises, shops like New & Lingwood for example.

I was wondering if people could suggest some hidden gems in London that would suit the type of style of shoes I am looking for, for within my budget.

more mainstream, so possibly not what your looking for.

but Russell and bromley do excellent shoes, and have a great selection.

Quick Reply