The Student Room Group

Theology/Religious Studies Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joshuaj
Im firming oxford but worried about the grades, so think my insurance of Edinburgh looks likely :smile:

OHHH congrats on oxford! i don’t have an insurance - waiting to hear from Durham and then I’ll look at edin being my insurance but i love it so much, more than Durham - so i might just sod prestige and firm Edinburgh anyway.
Reply 181
Original post by ManchesterRose
OHHH congrats on oxford! i don’t have an insurance - waiting to hear from Durham and then I’ll look at edin being my insurance but i love it so much, more than Durham - so i might just sod prestige and firm Edinburgh anyway.

Offers from Exeter, Nottingham & Kings College London.
Rejection from Durham but was expecting that with Further Maths as my third A2 like they told me on the phone right back in Year 12.
Still waiting on St. Andrews, then the visiting and praying start... happy days :smile:
Reply 183
Just received my 5th and final offer from Durham, and on my birthday too! :biggrin:
Reply 184
Has anyone heard back from Edinburgh?
Original post by aspiringtotheology
I just got an e-mail asking for my written work and saying that my application is under "active consideration" :s-smilie: .... but nothing other than that ...

Hi there,

I'm thinking of applying to study theology (2013 entry) at Oxford. I was just wondering about the written work, what's that all about? Thanks :smile:
Reply 186
Original post by MedicineBug
Hi there,

I'm thinking of applying to study theology (2013 entry) at Oxford. I was just wondering about the written work, what's that all about? Thanks :smile:

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think they ask for one or two marked essays from A level to be submitted to them. Might vary between the colleges though.
Original post by Xæthon
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think they ask for one or two marked essays from A level to be submitted to them. Might vary between the colleges though.

Reply 188
Hi there,

They normally ask for two pieces of alevel work. I don't do religion so my collage accepted my English cw. They also said that that was a hue part of my offer so it's dead important
Original post by joshuaj
They normally ask for two pieces of alevel work. I don't do religion so my collage accepted my English cw. They also said that that was a hue part of my offer so it's dead important

Thanks. If you don't mind me asking - where did you apply? And did you get any offers?
Reply 190
Thanks. If you don't mind me asking - where did you apply? And did you get any offers?

Oxford (benets) but also got sent to regents they both gave me an offer but as benets was my choice I got there.

Exeter
Nottingham
Edinburgh (insurance)
And Durham took to long so rejected them
Original post by joshuaj
Oxford (benets) but also got sent to regents they both gave me an offer but as benets was my choice I got there.

Exeter
Nottingham
Edinburgh (insurance)
And Durham took to long so rejected them

Thanks and Congrats on the offers. I'm thinking about applying to oxford (Christ Church or Trinity), Exeter, Cardiff, Birmingham and Nottingham.

What sort of grades do you have?
(edited 12 years ago)
only just found this thread :L
I received an offer to study theology at exeter I think around october last year which was BBB :smile:
I was pretty amazed with this offer, and I've taken my theology already and got an A! :biggrin:
Did any other Cambridge people get sent a reading list recently? What topics are you thinking of doing?

Quick Reply