The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Thank you! I was only going to learn one poem for tomorrow so thank God I saw this!
Reply 81
Original post by summer sun
i see your a new member too, the aqa spec is hard!

Yes, it definatly is. I took the exam today...Its tough writing an essay in 30 minutes!!
Reply 82
how about A2??
Reply 83
does anyone know what the pride and prejudice and Kite Runner section A questions were for the June 2011 paper??
so GCSE english lit and lang was a blast! got two A*s! A level on the other hand SUCKS! what do I write for what section, I have no idea :'( I really need some help, maybe even an example of an A grade essay? GAAHHH. going crazy!

I study Gatsby, Rossetti, Auden and Kite Runner
reallly could do with advice D:
Reply 85
Hello! Thankyou very much for this. I was just wondering if you have any past paper answers (preferably graded) that I can get a hold of?
Reply 86
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I've missed a lot of college and haven't been able to ask anyone about this:

In Section B of the exam, I'm a little confused. Is it three texts from three different authors? I'm doing The God of Small Things, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Keats poetry for Section B, and I have no idea whether to talk about all of the Keats poems we've been given or just the one. I've only got notes for La Belle Dame sans Merci...:s-smilie:

Also, if anyone has any past paper answers they can send me, I'd be eternally grateful. I'm fine on the content, it's just the matter of how they're expecting you to answer it, and losing marks if you don't answer in the correct way (a recurring theme with AQA exams, I've noticed :rolleyes:). A shot in the dark, but honestly, I'd send you so many virtual cookies :smile:
Original post by Ra Ra
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I've missed a lot of college and haven't been able to ask anyone about this:

In Section B of the exam, I'm a little confused. Is it three texts from three different authors? I'm doing The God of Small Things, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Keats poetry for Section B, and I have no idea whether to talk about all of the Keats poems we've been given or just the one. I've only got notes for La Belle Dame sans Merci...:s-smilie:

Also, if anyone has any past paper answers they can send me, I'd be eternally grateful. I'm fine on the content, it's just the matter of how they're expecting you to answer it, and losing marks if you don't answer in the correct way (a recurring theme with AQA exams, I've noticed :rolleyes:). A shot in the dark, but honestly, I'd send you so many virtual cookies :smile:

I've looked hard and can't find any example answers, it's so annoying! In answer to your other question, Section B you should write on multiple Keats Poems (But the Rme is mentioned on its own, so focus just on that). I would suggest writing on 2-3 poems in order to get depth of all that poet's work. I still want to know how best the structure Question Aa!
Reply 88
Original post by PythianLegume
I've looked hard and can't find any example answers, it's so annoying! In answer to your other question, Section B you should write on multiple Keats Poems (But the Rme is mentioned on its own, so focus just on that). I would suggest writing on 2-3 poems in order to get depth of all that poet's work. I still want to know how best the structure Question Aa!

Seriously? I thought it was just the book, the Coleridge poem and one of Keats that you picked yourself. (I'd ask my teacher, but honestly, I don't even think she'd know.)

I hate AQA, I really do...
Reply 89
Original post by Ra Ra
Seriously? I thought it was just the book, the Coleridge poem and one of Keats that you picked yourself. (I'd ask my teacher, but honestly, I don't even think she'd know.)

I hate AQA, I really do...

I thought that until last week! Apparently we do have to do 3 poems for one text! So for me it's Enduring Love book, Coleridge poem and 3 of Hardy's poems! Woo! :L good luck guys! I'm pretty scared for this exam!

Who is doing The Great Gatsby for Section A?!?!!?!
Reply 90
Original post by Kelly95
I thought that until last week! Apparently we do have to do 3 poems for one text! So for me it's Enduring Love book, Coleridge poem and 3 of Hardy's poems! Woo! :L good luck guys! I'm pretty scared for this exam!

Who is doing The Great Gatsby for Section A?!?!!?!

Holy ****, really??? Well, I'm screwed :colonhash:

I'm doing Gatsby for Section A, too! :biggrin:
Hi there!

Basically I was getting A's all year and in my exam got an E. I honestly don't feel I could have altered my writing so severely as to of changed my grade that much. Which leads me on to think I have been taught the wrong sort of thing/ way of writing. I have written a typical paragraph for Section A part A, if anyones paying attention to this thread could they possibly give it a read? And see if they think I am doing the right thing or not? Please inbox me if you think you can help - because I'm just stumped! - and I will send it to you :smile: Thanks so much!
Reply 92
Original post by emilyjcastles
Hi there!

Basically I was getting A's all year and in my exam got an E. I honestly don't feel I could have altered my writing so severely as to of changed my grade that much. Which leads me on to think I have been taught the wrong sort of thing/ way of writing. I have written a typical paragraph for Section A part A, if anyones paying attention to this thread could they possibly give it a read? And see if they think I am doing the right thing or not? Please inbox me if you think you can help - because I'm just stumped! - and I will send it to you :smile: Thanks so much!

If you want I'll give it a look. Have you spoken to your teachers about it/thought about getting the paper recalled so you can analyse where you went wrong?
Original post by Speedy03
If you want I'll give it a look. Have you spoken to your teachers about it/thought about getting the paper recalled so you can analyse where you went wrong?

Hey Thanks for replying, and yeah I have got it back, the teachers said it wasn't amazing, but they would have given it B/C - certainly not E. But that makes me think that they don't know what they're doing? I haven't got a full response on my computer, is it alright if I just send you a par from QA Part A? Hopefully you'll still be able to get a feel for my writing style and be able to tell if I'm doing anything obviously wrong :/

Latest

Trending

Trending