I LOVE Tim Burton! :biggrin:
Hanna (2011 film) :smile: Loved it.
Troll Hunter. Overrated.
In the Loop

Absolutely brilliant, painfully funny.

9.2/10
Howl's Moving Castle, 8/10
Airplane! (9/10)

Ridiculous humour :lol: . Definitely recommend to those who want a light, silly and ridiculous film!
Reply 2087
The Descendants 5/10. Meh, just got the average for Sid (an idiot I guess, but in a funny way), otherwise it'd get a 3/10

Detachment 9/10. I'm still under the shock. It was awsome seriously...I'd like to say more to give people a reason to see it. Um, you'll like it?
Melancholia - (9/10)

Lars von Trier. 'Nuff said.

Wonderful film. Analysing this film makes you truly marvel at its screenplay, storyline and acting abilities. To view the end of the world from the viewpoint of just one family instead of the whole global panic thing was well done, along with the ending (which I shall not spoil) being especially emotionally touching :h:
Sherlock Holmes, 8/10
Woman in Black - scary! 9/10, we all loved it.
Catch me if you can. 9/10 - Although the beginning was a little slow, Dicaprio's portryal of Abagnale Jnr was brilliant.
Reply 2092
Unstoppable-8/10
Equilibrium - 7
Original post by Nirgilis
Melancholia - (9/10)

Lars von Trier. 'Nuff said.

Wonderful film. Analysing this film makes you truly marvel at its screenplay, storyline and acting abilities. To view the end of the world from the viewpoint of just one family instead of the whole global panic thing was well done, along with the ending (which I shall not spoil) being especially emotionally touching :h:

You actually like Lars von Trier? :puke:

I find his movies incredibly stupid. Please don't tell me you actually enjoyed Dear Wendy too?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Nephilim
You actually like Lars von Trier? :puke:

I find his movies incredibly stupid. Please don't tell me you actually enjoyed Dear Wendy too?

Some of them, sure! It was an unclear reference to be fair, it was meant to say that 'This movie is weird. Those of you that have seen any of Lars von Trier's films will understand that this film is weird because it's a Lars von Trier film'. Guess I should make that more clear :lol:

I haven't seen Dear Wendy either :sigh:

Anyway, after a filmsoc social last night:

Battle Royale - (9/10)

Most of that score is credit for the sheer insanity of the storyline. I mean, who the hell comes up with '40 kids on an island battling to the death'? However, it was an enthralling watch, if a little shoddily produced with some very cringe-y/cliched scenes. Very little character development so you do not get any sort of emotional attachment to any of the characters. This is mainly due to the huge range of characters that the film focuses on; there's simply no time to 'get to know' them!

Anyway, a good watch for those who want a mindless, non-sensical foreign film :yep:
Original post by anon7
The Descendants 5/10. Meh, just got the average for Sid (an idiot I guess, but in a funny way), otherwise it'd get a 3/10

How much of a disappointment was this?? bad dialogue, bad narration, unrealistic characters and Sid- how can someone be that ignorant and stupid? i stopped watching it after 40 mins :mad:

Watched Happy Together last night- 8.5/10
Standard WKW. Big emphasis on emotions rather than following a strict plot. still very good.
(edited 12 years ago)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, 7/10

It was a great film, and I enjoyed it. However, it just wasn't the same without Will and Elizabeth, otherwise it would have scored higher. :yep:
Blame It on Fidel. It's a beautiful french film about a girl whose parents become communist, it's about her (and her parents) struggling to adapt to changes in their lives, and coming to terms with the differences between their beliefs and the rest of the family's. Plus the kids in it are SOOOO cute!

I watched Erin Brockovich starring Julia Roberts and although the film is over a decade old (2000) I loved it. 9/10

Quick Reply

Latest