The Student Room Group

Anyone live in Ashburne Hall?

Hey there :smile:

So I have an offer for Manchester and I'm really seriously considering taking it, as the course sounds absolutely great.

I've been looking into accomodation and Ashburne Hall has caught my eyes. On their site, Manchester lists these things under what Ashburne Hall has to offer:

Laundry
Broadband
Bike Shed
Communal Areas Cleaned
Music Room
Sports Facilities
Computer Cluster
Wireless Connection
Library

Could anyone elaborate on these and tell me about your experience in Ashburne Hall? It looks a really pretty place, and the variety of rooms and fact that it includes a library is really appealing. Some other questions I'd like to know the answers to would be:
How big is the library, and are there silent areas? By "sports facilities" does this mean "gym"? (May be a silly question but have to ask!)
How big is the computer cluster?
How far is Ashburne Hall from where you need to be and what do you study?

Cheers for any answers!

Danny
Reply 1
Ashburne Hall is hard to get into for male students as it has only one mixed sex block, so don't get your hopes up. You can probably imagine many guys would love to live in a hall that's predominantly female.
As the poster above said it's hard to get in to Ashburne if you're a guy. However people living in Sheavyn House can use all of the above Ashburne facilities.
Original post by fretter778
As the poster above said it's hard to get in to Ashburne if you're a guy. However people living in Sheavyn House can use all of the above Ashburne facilities.

Thanks for the reply - is there anything you can to that'll boost your chances of getting in a certain accomodation, or is it completely random?
Original post by TheDannyManCan
Thanks for the reply - is there anything you can to that'll boost your chances of getting in a certain accomodation, or is it completely random?

No idea. Sheavyn was my first choice and I got it. I applied really early. I know others who applied later and didn't get in. So I guess apply early? It's a good thing to do anyway just so you don't need to think about it.
No idea. Sheavyn was my first choice and I got it. I applied really early. I know others who applied later and didn't get in. So I guess apply early? It's a good thing to do anyway just so you don't need to think about it.

How early is early?
Thanks!
Original post by iamlovinit05
How early is early?
Thanks!

Well the accommodation open day is this Sunday and I applied right after getting home from it, so around about now? If you can make it to Manchester this Sunday I highly recommend you go to it.
Well the accommodation open day is this Sunday and I applied right after getting home from it, so around about now? If you can make it to Manchester this Sunday I highly recommend you go to it.

I'm International so i can't come. But I applied for Ashburne on the 13th Feb.
Is that considered early? my offer is unconditional by the way.

I wanna be in Fallowfield but I'm afraid that Owens park might be too noisy and happening so i thought Ashburne'll be a good compromise.
Hope I do get in!
Original post by iamlovinit05
I'm International so i can't come. But I applied for Ashburne on the 13th Feb.
Is that considered early? my offer is unconditional by the way.

I wanna be in Fallowfield but I'm afraid that Owens park might be too noisy and happening so i thought Ashburne'll be a good compromise.
Hope I do get in!

I'd say you're very likely to get it then, since as far as I'm aware unconditionals get offers first.
I'd say you're very likely to get it then, since as far as I'm aware unconditionals get offers first.

Awesome then. How's your life at sheavyn?
Do these halls have many parties and stuff?

Quick Reply

Latest