The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Official Plymouth University Applicants 2012 Thread

Scroll to see replies

does anyone know how long it takes plymouth uni to get back to you for your offer after an interview ?:smile:
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Guys I got unconditional on International Relations and Political Sciences!!

I am an international applicant ! and I would like to know how plymouth uni and plymouth are !!
Reply 62
Original post by Gunnerzz
Yes. They're really rather nice.

haha, thank you. would you recommend applying for a flat there then? i'm really not sure what to do accommodation-wise.
Reply 63
Original post by pilkatron
haha, thank you. would you recommend applying for a flat there then? i'm really not sure what to do accommodation-wise.

Well I applied for mine before Xmas so I knew I'd def have a place. Some of my friends that went last year really struggled because they left it so late. Only 60% of first years fit into halls so I cut the chase.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 64
Well I applied for mine before Xmas so I knew I'd defense have a place. Some of my friends that enter last year really struggled because they left it so late. Only 60% of first years fit into halls so I cut the chase.

Fair enough! I still don't know whether to firm Plymouth or not so it's probably for the best if I don't. What are you gonna study then? :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by pilkatron
Fair enough! I still don't know whether to firm Plymouth or not so it's probably for the best if I don't. What are you gonna study then? :smile:

Architectural Technology and the Environment. Should be good i hope. :smile:
Reply 66
Architectural Technology and the Environment. Should be good i hope. :smile:

Sounds really exciting! Good luck with that then :smile: fingers crossed I'll see you around at Plymouth this September :')
Reply 67
Firmed Plymouth the other day. Will be doing Economics next September :smile:
Reply 68
About to firm plymouth! Hopefully will be studying Business (n100) in september :tongue:
Any idea on accommodation? I'm a lively and sociable person and I love partying so anywhere which reflects that? I'd hate to be somewhere where you had to be quiet all the time ha!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by xkloii
About to firm plymouth! Hopefully will be studying Business (n100) in september :tongue:
Any idea on accommodation? I'm a lively and sociable person and I love partying so anywhere which reflects that? I'd hate to be somewhere where you had to be quiet all the time ha!

Well this is where my room is. Im going to be on the 9th floor in a 7 room flat. Looks sweet. Can't wait!

http://www.unite-students.com/student-accommodation/plymouth/discovery-heights?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 70
I have also got an conditional offer from Plymouth to study International Business. I was just wondering if anyone knows much about the night-life, i've heard it is pretty good..?? Also is there much to do in the town during the day e.g shopping centre etc. Cheers x
Reply 71
Original post by kippers16
I have also got an conditional offer from Plymouth to study International Business. I was just wondering if anyone knows much about the night-life, i've heard it is pretty good..?? Also is there much to do in the town during the day e.g shopping centre etc. Cheers x

Can't believe hardly any of you have been down :P

Theres several shopping centres. One 'Drakes Circus' is minutes away from the uni. Plenty of night clubs and bars too :smile: The Student Union looks good too.
Reply 72
Can't believe hardly any of you have been down :P

Theres several shopping centres. One 'Drakes Circus' is minutes away from the uni. Plenty of night clubs and bars too :smile: The Student Union looks good too.

Thank you. I went to the Open day but only had time for the lecture didnt go into the town or anything. I think the location of the uni is good though, in the middle of town so pretty convenient to get to place. Do you know what accommodation you are applying for?
Reply 73
Thank you. I went to the Open day but only had time for the lecture didnt go into the town or anything. I think the location of the uni is good though, in the middle of town so pretty convenient to get to place. Do you know what accommodation you are applying for?

If you read the rest of the posts you will see i have applied and received a room here :smile: http://www.unite-students.com/student-accommodation/plymouth/discovery-heights?

So many things are close by i spent a long weekend down there and loved it, even if the weather was crappy.
Reply 74

When i went to the post offer day i spent about an hour looking round the town and theres pretty much every shop you could think of there! and im a shopaholic so believe me i had a good look ha! might see you in september as we are doing similar courses! :smile:
Reply 75
Well this is where my room is. Im going to be on the 9th floor in a 7 room flat. Looks sweet. Can't wait!

http://www.unite-students.com/student-accommodation/plymouth/discovery-heights?

That's a bit over my maximum budget ha! but ill hopefully get a place in halls as i live so far away! Do you know what the nightlife is like? I'm into clubbing/getting very drunk/ etc.. ha :P
Reply 76
Applied to do Computer Systems and Networks :biggrin:, they need to hurry up with my offer!
Reply 77
Hey guys
Am new here !

Got an offer for Biomedical Science sept 2012 !

Hope ill see some of you guys before i actually start ! would be cool

talk soon buddies !!!
Reply 78
Got an offer for civil engineering starting september 2012. Anyone else had offers and made plymouth their firm choice ?
Reply 79
Is anyone going to try and get into halls?
It seems like everyone is going into this discovery place but i thought halls were the place to be for students? Plus halls are much cheaper!

Quick Reply

Latest