The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jambone2
So...about that low grade boundaries thing :tongue:

AQA Chemistry 1- U (I mean really? how the **** is that possible?)
AQA Physics 1- C (not totally gutted, still a retake)
Edexcel Maths C1- C (-_-)

so, 3 results, 3 retakes...****ing January modules. :unimpressed: I knew I'd put far too little effort in.

unlucky mate, dont give up hope- im in the same boat accept i didnt get a U for chem i got a D

Original post by d_94
Who were dissapointed with their results other than me ? :frown:

i was :/ but most people on this website are just jokers, i mean most people saying they are annoyed that they didnt achieve 3 A's or 3 A* and only got AAB. i would of be chuffed to achieve an A.....
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5721
Original post by iLoveRobSwire<3
:frown: What did you get?

Maths- C and the grades i got in the individual units this year are shockingly bad and a lot worse than last year. :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kimmey
physics A 103/120
biology A 72/90

pretty happy :smile:

well done on your results! Can i ask what you got at AS to get predicted all A* ?
Reply 5723
Original post by tom.west
AQA Biol1 - A
AQA Chem1 - B
WJEC EngLit - C

Really disappointed with English :frown:. Especially since I didn't get below B in my mocks -.-.

I got a D and was expecting higher, all of my school received way below what was expected!
Anyone care to assist me in deciphering this table?

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin/ocr_65010_admin_pro_exam_stats_jan_12.pdf

Just curious to whether this is completed qualifications, or just all the exams sat combined?

Example, Chemistry A 510 people sat it this January. Does this mean 510 people completed this qualification this January, or 510 people sat a mixture of the F324 and F325 papers?

Cheers!
Reply 5725
Original post by jonathanyyt
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS BINGO 80/80 UMS for BUSS1 :biggrin: 51/60 Raw and I feel so happy now. Made my day!

Does anyone have their BUSS1 mark scheme yet? Thanks in advance.

UMS is always a fixed x out of 100.
So it's 80/100, which is an A or B. And 51/100, which is a C or D.
A or B and C or D will therefore depend on the grade boundaries.

Sorry for ruining your day, lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5726
Original post by *_*
Seems I did similar boards to you and we are both prospective medics :P

Chemistry F334 was a joke, I got 56/90 even through I was most prepared for it from all my exams :confused:. The paper was horrible. Chemistry is supposedly my favourite subject :s-smilie:

Biology Unit 4 - 106/120, you will be fine if you retake Unit 4 again- I get a B in my AS January module, but pulled it up to an A in June.

C3 (OCR A) - 90/100 too.
S2 (OCR A) - 64/100 (so much for me thinking it was a good paper). Congrats on your FP1 mark, I got 84/100 last year with OCR (not MEI).

S2 doesn't really affect me because of my AS grades, but Chemistry :angry:

I really don't understand how I didn't get an A in F334, I came out of the exam thinking "A for definite" but... ah well, my teacher recommended mt to get a remark as I have a slight handwriting issue that could've affected my result in Bio and Chem.

Also, Chemistry also kinda is my favorite subject too so I really want (and need) to get an A in it
How are people getting their raw marks from the Q papers?!?
Original post by 7days
UMS is always a fixed x out of 100.
So it's 80/100, which is an A or B. And 51/100, which is a C or D.
A or B and C or D will therefore depend on the grade boundaries.

No BUSS1 is UMS out of 80, and raw is out of 60. You can check it on the AQA website converter.

And I do have an A and maximum UMS, this is confirmed by teachers.

Original post by hello123450
How are people getting their raw marks from the Q papers?!?

My teacher got the marks.
Original post by nm786
very good results,
i'm struggling with edexcel gce maths, any tips mate?

Thanks! :biggrin:

I doubt I'll be able to give useful advice :colondollar:, but I found doing questions from the textbook really useful (more so than past papers), so maybe do more of that? If there are any specific problems I can try and help? :tongue:

How did you do? :biggrin:
Does anyone else spend practically more time analysing table after table of unit grade boundaries, cash-in grade boundaries, mark schemes and examiner reports than the actual revision?
I have a question, I got 92UMS for Economics Unit 1 (Edexcel) - but i was wondering if it is worth getting a remark to see if the marks go up at all.

What do you think i should do? - Don't get me wrong, i am over the moon about getting a high grade and i don't want to come across as inconsiderate.

Thanks.
Original post by hassi94
Yeah that's right (though while it doesn't have to include both FP2 and FP3 - it does in my case). I got 100 in D2 last June which puts me at an average of 90.333... (I know I'm a bit jammy haha). Thanks :smile:

Oh ok, so its three "A2" modules at 90% including at least one of fp2 and fp3? Guess its time to dig out the old stats book and resit S2 i did last june :tongue:.
Original post by Mocking_bird
A's in both :smile:
88 ums for bio, and 92 ums for chem.

Well done. :biggrin:
Original post by LexxieK
Managed to get 87/90 in F334 so I am happy. I hope all my fellow OCR Salters friends got what they wanted/needed xx

well done!! I don't know what happened at all I got 57/90, worse than my mock result.

I understood all the topics too, its just the way the questions were worded, really threw me off. It was a nasty paper, I dont know many people that got an A in it!!
biology unit 4 - D
Sociology unit 4 - C

Question: if you re-sit a unit and get worse, do you always keep the higher (i.e. original) mark?
Reply 5737
Original post by micky_usa
well done on your results! Can i ask what you got at AS to get predicted all A* ?

yeh sure in physics i got 287/300, in biology 275/300 and chem 246/300
english - B
psycho - C

english - what?? i was predicted a frickin E... what?!?!?! :O

psycho - greeeaaaat. there goes my idea of getting an A....
WJEC Chemistry - 100/120 A
WJEC Physics - 95/120 B
OCR Biology - 75/90 A

Very pleased, it gave my an clear indication to where I need to go next. Congrats everyone!

Quick Reply