The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4160
Original post by FinnLassie
Unsuccessful from UWS... :cry2:

It was my 2nd choice :frown:

Sorry to hear that. :hugs:
Ok I always promised myself that I'd never make a post like this but here goes.

I applied to York for History along with other Universities back in late September and I'm still waiting to hear from them over 5 months later.

They are the last place to get back to me but I think that I got an offer from them i'd definitely take it, I've also already had two rejections and don't want a third!

But if I'm waiting this long to hear from them does it make it more than likely that I will be rejected?

However what makes me wonder is the fact that i'm a post A2 resit student, resitting one paper to bring a B up to an A so I meet entry requirements. My resit result will be coming out pretty soon, could it be possible that they're waiting this long so if I get an A I can send them evidence of it and then they'd give me an offer?

I have no way of knowing this as I haven't had any communication from them since they acknowledged my application.

So basically, advice or reassurance needed. 1) Am I very likely to be rejected? Or do I still have a chance? 2) Should I email their admissions and ask them when I might hear from them? 3) If I get my results back before heraing from them and have an A, should I let them know this? And might this increase my chances of an offer?

Thanks, sorry if this is a bit incoherant. I'm just rather worried at the moment, I desperately want an offer from York!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4162
Original post by Historophilia

I applied to York for History along with other Universities back in late September and I'm still waiting to hear from them over 5 months later.

They are the last place to get back to me but I think that I got an offer from them i'd definitely take it, I've also already had two rejections and don't want a third!

But if I'm waiting this long to hear from them does it make it more than likely that I will be rejected?

However what makes me wonder is the fact that i'm a post A2 resit student, resitting one paper to bring a B up to an A so I meet entry requirements. My resit result will be coming out pretty soon, could it be possible that they're waiting this long so if I get an A I can send them evidence of it and then they'd give me an offer?

I have no way of knowing this as I haven't had any communication from them since they acknowledged my application.

So basically, advice or reassurance needed. 1) Am I very likely to be rejected? Or do I still have a chance? 2) Should I email their admissions and ask them when I might hear from them? 3) If I get my results back before heraing from them and have an A, should I let them know this? And might this increase my chances of an offer?

Thanks, sorry if this is a bit incoherant. I'm just rather worried at the moment, I desperately want an offer from York!

If you really want an offer definitely hold on! It could be that they are waiting for your resit result so they can make your offer unconditional.
I have a similar dilemma with Bristol Law except I have already exceeded the requirements and am not sure whether I'd want to go there anyway. I don't really want to withdraw but it's stopping me from making my choice elsewhere and applying for accommodation.
I've been waiting since October too and it's so frustrating!
Hang on in there though, I think in your case it's definitely worth it.
Also, have you called admissions? It hasn't proved useful for me but maybe you'll be more lucky!
Original post by Historophilia

It's only the start of March.
Lots of people are still waiting to hear back and York are one of the universities constantly cropping up in discussion about waiting for replies.

All you can do is sit it out and wait. Contacting them to ask when you will get a reply isn't going to help you - you'll get a reply when they're ready and it will come any time in the next 2 months.

With regards to your resit, if you get the A you want on Thursday then send them details of the fact you have an A via email. Whether they pay any attention to it is another matter, but given its a new result you can forward it onto them. However, you don't need to contact them just to ask when you'll get a reply.
Huddersfield hurry up!!
Original post by oxymoronic
It's only the start of March.
Lots of people are still waiting to hear back and York are one of the universities constantly cropping up in discussion about waiting for replies.

All you can do is sit it out and wait. Contacting them to ask when you will get a reply isn't going to help you - you'll get a reply when they're ready and it will come any time in the next 2 months.

With regards to your resit, if you get the A you want on Thursday then send them details of the fact you have an A via email. Whether they pay any attention to it is another matter, but given its a new result you can forward it onto them. However, you don't need to contact them just to ask when you'll get a reply.

Thank you, the fact that York has has a habit of being slow is reassuring.

I rather thought that emailing to ask wouldn't do anything, thank you for confirming that there's nothing to do but wait! I think I will forward my results on if they turn out as I hope, it can't hurt I suppose and maybe it'll help speed them up a bit.
Original post by Bea492
If you really want an offer definitely hold on! It could be that they are waiting for your resit result so they can make your offer unconditional.
I have a similar dilemma with Bristol Law except I have already exceeded the requirements and am not sure whether I'd want to go there anyway. I don't really want to withdraw but it's stopping me from making my choice elsewhere and applying for accommodation.
I've been waiting since October too and it's so frustrating!
Hang on in there though, I think in your case it's definitely worth it.
Also, have you called admissions? It hasn't proved useful for me but maybe you'll be more lucky!

Perhaps, but maybe it is reading a bit too much into their silence! They haven't asked me for it and they can't expect me to read their mind!

Thank you, the more I look at York the more I'm sure it'd be the right place to me which is what makes it so frustrating!

I don't think I will call admissions, it won't make them hurry up, and it might just irritate them!
Reply 4167
Anybody waiting on offers from Leeds?
Reply 4168
150 days ago I sent off my application, today no offers no rejections... arghhhhh!!!!
Original post by os93
150 days ago I sent off my application, today no offers no rejections... arghhhhh!!!!

jesus that's horrific! What/where?
Hi, has anyone had an interview for Bioveterinary science with veterinary nursing at Bristol?
Original post by Serena230793
Hi, has anyone had an interview for Bioveterinary science with veterinary nursing at Bristol?

No, but I was unsuccesful for that one:frown:

I am waiting for UWE for vet nursing. They have interviewed other people, but I have heard nothing at all:frown:
Reply 4172
I wish Glasgow would hurry up.
Original post by petparadise123
No, but I was unsuccesful for that one:frown:

I am waiting for UWE for vet nursing. They have interviewed other people, but I have heard nothing at all:frown:

Sorry to hear that :frown:

I want Liverpool to hurry up already! I haven't heard ANYTHING from them :frown:
Reply 4174
I applied for Adult Nursing in Plymouth in October... it is now March and still heard nothing :mad: Some people have heard, even a friend of mine had a unconditional a week ago and so I emailed the university and they said they havent made up all their decisions yet.. joy.. :s-smilie: talk about torture. I check track 20 times a day!!:confused:
The wait for the result of my Entrance Scholarship Exams for Aberystwyth University is driving me crazy, I just want to know whether I've got anything. I find out on the 21st, but still it's 2 weeks away, and I want to firm now. -.-
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4176
Received an offer from Edinburgh today. :smile: St. Andrews is the last university I'm waiting on for a response.
Jeesh Sussex are taken their time. I'm hanging around for them on the smallest chance they get back to me with a really low offer so I can insure them.
Reply 4178
anyone hear anything from York?
Is anyone still waiting for replies from Dundee University?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending