The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2012

Scroll to see replies

Yes I would be interested to read the document; can a link / instructions on how to access it be put on this?

Seems a bit unfair (or is it sour grapes on my part?!)
Reply 1701
Original post by UnderPost
Yes I would be interested to read the document; can a link / instructions on how to access it be put on this?

Seems a bit unfair (or is it sour grapes on my part?!)

It appears Durham Careers have removed the article for the time being.
Original post by lm222
It appears Durham Careers have removed the article for the time being.

They have removed the link but you can still get to the document - it is still online.
Original post by schick_88
They have removed the link but you can still get to the document - it is still online.

But how?! I've tried various Google searches but nothing!
Original post by more tea vicar?
But how?! I've tried various Google searches but nothing!

you have to put the right combination words into the search but if you know the source (ie the university) and certain words it pops up

not impossible to find but unless you put certain words into the search you might not be able to find it easily
I did have the link but it's now showing offline and can no longer find it which I think is a good thing!
Reply 1706
I found the doc quite easily through google last night. It's really not on. Anyone reported it to fsac?
Original post by TomDixie
I found the doc quite easily through google last night. It's really not on. Anyone reported it to fsac?

I emailed them last night to make them aware of it but no reply to that email as yet.
Reply 1708

I emailed them and Durham. Durham just responded. Perhaps Parity is having the same difficulty finding the actual document :biggrin: ...
Reply 1709
Original post by lm222
I emailed them and Durham. Durham just responded. Perhaps Parity is having the same difficulty finding the actual document :biggrin: ...

What'd Durham say?
Original post by lm222

I gave them links to the actual document so they shouldnt have too much bother! :biggrin:
Reply 1711
What'd Durham say?

"Thank you for your email. We have removed the post from our blog.

Kind regards"
Ha, that was my FSAC day actually... we did have someone sitting in on our group exercise, wonder if it was this guy?!
Original post by JustRollingAlong
I agree, it gives a lot of detail, especially in regards to the interview as very similar questions are likely to be asked to each candidate (the policy rec questions are less useful as they will vary substantially based on the specifics of each candidates presentation). If this person has been authorised to share so much detail about the FSAC it gives an unfair advantage to Durham students, who would presumably have been the only ones to see this had it not be found and shared on Twitter.

I'm a durham student and have never seen this document ever. Our careers service is notoriously rubbish.
Original post by ellie_flower
I'm a durham student and have never seen this document ever. Our careers service is notoriously rubbish.

A link to it was posted on the Careers@Durham University facebook page and twitter last night (by the university). The link re-directed to the universities careers page.
Original post by ellie_flower
. Our careers service is notoriously rubbish.

They've been really helpful for me.
Reply 1716
To be honest I don't think the real issue is whether it would advantage Durham students over other candidates, but rather, given that is was freely available online and people frequently use whatever pops up in google rather than their own institution's careers service, that it would advantage anyone yet to take the test this year.
I attended FSAC on Wednesday. Now my application page is saying,

Action : Results Progress

Does this mean I'm amber banded, or do they do this first before releasing the results to you?

I checked thinking nothing would have changed. Now I'm confused!!!

Just read back and seen a reply from Schick_88 to similar question. It's only been two days so hopefully ill hear next week and if not guess I'm in the amber band for a while!
(edited 12 years ago)
Just received this email from the Fast Stream

Thank you for your correspondence. We take this matter very seriously and we are fully investigating the issues you have raised, which we had no knowledge of before your message. We have made immediate adjustments to the process to remove the impact of any release of this information and have spoken to the parties involved in this release.

Whilst it is regrettable that information has been released we do not consider, with the actions we have taken, it has compromised the integrity of this process.

We would like to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Regards
Fast Stream Team
(edited 12 years ago)
Well done Schlick-88!!! Sounds like they took your email seriously.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending