The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Master of Nursing Science at Nottingham anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by BeccaAnne94
Had my visit day last week, got a conditional offer for child branch today - so happy! It's my first choice :biggrin:. Anyone have an idea which accommodation they're applying for yet? I think I'm going to apply for Raleigh :smile:

Hi, I got a conditional offer for child branch too so i will see you there :smile: i am looking at brodgate park accomodation because its the biggest so im hoping it will mean i meet a lot of new people.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by nina123
Hi, I got a conditional offer for child branch too so i will see you there :smile: i am looking at brodgate park accomodation because its the biggest so im hoping it will mean i meet a lot of new people.

I really hope I get the grades....loads of incentive now :biggrin:. I did initially think that Broadgate would be the best but the students I spoke to at the visit day said that some nurses prefer Raleigh because it's situated between the two hospitals...to be honest I think I would be happy with either as long as I get on the course :smile:.

Which visit day did you go to? :smile:
Reply 42
I really hope I get the grades....loads of incentive now :biggrin:. I did initially think that Broadgate would be the best but the students I spoke to at the visit day said that some nurses prefer Raleigh because it's situated between the two hospitals...to be honest I think I would be happy with either as long as I get on the course :smile:.

Which visit day did you go to? :smile:

I know its a dream course soo the pressures really on now :L hahaa i know i will pretty much live anywhere as long as they will still have me :P also the uni is so pretty i dont think i would mind a little bit of walking places....my visit day was 7th december how about you?? have you firmed yet?? :smile:
Original post by nina123
I know its a dream course soo the pressures really on now :L hahaa i know i will pretty much live anywhere as long as they will still have me :P also the uni is so pretty i dont think i would mind a little bit of walking places....my visit day was 7th december how about you?? have you firmed yet?? :smile:

Fingers crossed! :smile:.
Same! I love how pretty it all is :biggrin:.
Mine was on the 15th Feb, I was so sure they wouldn't want be because only 17 of the places are for child branch and I don't think I'm actually that good :unsure:
I plan to firm it but I'm waiting for the last of my interviews to be over so I can work out an insurance :smile:. Had an interview for Cardiff today and one at Keele next tues (which I'll probably put as my insurance if they want me) :biggrin:.
Which uni are you putting down as your insurance? :smile:
Reply 44
Fingers crossed! :smile:.
Same! I love how pretty it all is :biggrin:.
Mine was on the 15th Feb, I was so sure they wouldn't want be because only 17 of the places are for child branch and I don't think I'm actually that good :unsure:
I plan to firm it but I'm waiting for the last of my interviews to be over so I can work out an insurance :smile:. Had an interview for Cardiff today and one at Keele next tues (which I'll probably put as my insurance if they want me) :biggrin:.
Which uni are you putting down as your insurance? :smile:

Ohhh I have put Southampton as my insurance :smile: I had an interview at Cardiff 8th February but they said I wouldn't here until late march and I wanted to firm Nottingham so I withdrew (also I live in Cardiff and I really want to move away so I wasn't too sad :tongue:) good luck for the keele interview hope it goes well :smile: ...... I know what u mean about Nottingham on the way home I was gutted because I had gone fallen in love with the course only to be told there were 17 places I was like well that's my chance gone :L did u find the visit day bizarre I would have thought there would be some sort of interview I don't understand how they could have given offers off just the essay thing we wrote :s
Original post by nina123
Ohhh I have put Southampton as my insurance :smile: I had an interview at Cardiff 8th February but they said I wouldn't here until late march and I wanted to firm Nottingham so I withdrew (also I live in Cardiff and I really want to move away so I wasn't too sad :tongue:) good luck for the keele interview hope it goes well :smile: ...... I know what u mean about Nottingham on the way home I was gutted because I had gone fallen in love with the course only to be told there were 17 places I was like well that's my chance gone :L did u find the visit day bizarre I would have thought there would be some sort of interview I don't understand how they could have given offers off just the essay thing we wrote :s

Yeah Cardiff said I would only find out if I have an offer on the 31st but a rejection can be given at anytime :s-smilie:. If they end up giving me an offer and Keele don't then it'll have to be my insurance instead :frown:.
Thank you! :smile:, Keele is probably the only other uni I can stand going to if the worst happens (hopefully not though haha).
I went on a visit day to Nottingham in October and when I got home and eveyone asked me what it was like, my first answer was (and still is) 'it's so pretty' :biggrin:. I'm wondering how many offers they give out because I'm yet to find someone whose been rejected from the masters (or maybe they're too embarrassed to say).
It was really strange! I thought the group discussion would be like a sneaky interview and everyone I spoke to on the day thought the same but it wasn't :s-smilie:.
The only thing I can think of is maybe they judged our enthusiasm for the course through the statement as we couldn't refer to notes or have someone check it over for us :s-smilie:.

What grades do you need for Southampton and what are you predicted? :smile:
Reply 46
Yeah Cardiff said I would only find out if I have an offer on the 31st but a rejection can be given at anytime :s-smilie:. If they end up giving me an offer and Keele don't then it'll have to be my insurance instead :frown:.
Thank you! :smile:, Keele is probably the only other uni I can stand going to if the worst happens (hopefully not though haha).
I went on a visit day to Nottingham in October and when I got home and eveyone asked me what it was like, my first answer was (and still is) 'it's so pretty' :biggrin:. I'm wondering how many offers they give out because I'm yet to find someone whose been rejected from the masters (or maybe they're too embarrassed to say).
It was really strange! I thought the group discussion would be like a sneaky interview and everyone I spoke to on the day thought the same but it wasn't :s-smilie:.
The only thing I can think of is maybe they judged our enthusiasm for the course through the statement as we couldn't refer to notes or have someone check it over for us :s-smilie:.

What grades do you need for Southampton and what are you predicted? :smile:

hahaa i know we were considering they may be filming us or summin we couldnt think how else they could have judged us :L Southampton is 3B'S ... Ummm i think i am predicted 2A*'S 1A ...... how bout u ??
Original post by nina123
hahaa i know we were considering they may be filming us or summin we couldnt think how else they could have judged us :L Southampton is 3B'S ... Ummm i think i am predicted 2A*'S 1A ...... how bout u ??

Haha yeah I did wonder that too because of the camera in the room :smile:. I think the lowest grades I'll need for Keele is really low - CCD or something like that, I'm predicted AAB but I think at maximum I'll probably only be able to achieve ABB anyway :/. Wow you're really smart! What subjects do you take?
Reply 48
Haha yeah I did wonder that too because of the camera in the room :smile:. I think the lowest grades I'll need for Keele is really low - CCD or something like that, I'm predicted AAB but I think at maximum I'll probably only be able to achieve ABB anyway :/. Wow you're really smart! What subjects do you take?

Hahaa not really I just took nice subjects :tongue: I took biology, psychology and geography I also do welsh baccalaurate :smile: how about u??
Original post by nina123
Hahaa not really I just took nice subjects :tongue: I took biology, psychology and geography I also do welsh baccalaurate :smile: how about u??

I take biology and psychology too :smile:, my third is Chemistry which is my worst (probably because I hate it). I'm hoping to get the A in Psychology and then A/B in biology and B in chemistry. Absolutely dreading results day this thurs :frown:, I don't want too many resits :/. Fingers crossed! :smile:
Reply 50
I take biology and psychology too :smile:, my third is Chemistry which is my worst (probably because I hate it). I'm hoping to get the A in Psychology and then A/B in biology and B in chemistry. Absolutely dreading results day this thurs :frown:, I don't want too many resits :/. Fingers crossed! :smile:

Oh god chemistry i feel very sorry for you i hated chem :L I know i kinda relied on resits a bit this january so terrified about results looks like im gonna be busy this summer with resits alone :P yeah good luck i hope you get what you want :smile:
Original post by nina123
Oh god chemistry i feel very sorry for you i hated chem :L I know i kinda relied on resits a bit this january so terrified about results looks like im gonna be busy this summer with resits alone :P yeah good luck i hope you get what you want :smile:

Awww thanks :smile:. Good luck to you too! :biggrin: Hopefully we'll see each other in September :smile:
Reply 52
Awww thanks :smile:. Good luck to you too! :biggrin: Hopefully we'll see each other in September :smile:

Hahaa yeah it will be nice to know at least one person :L Hopefully i will see you in september :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by nina123

Hi Nina, ave got an interview for the Masters on tuesday and was wondering, are there any particular things / questions they expect you to ask/do aside the written piece, am really nervous now.
Reply 54
Original post by Mercy55
Hi Nina, ave got an interview for the Masters on tuesday and was wondering, are there any particular things / questions they expect you to ask/do aside the written piece, am really nervous now.

I was at that one too, have you heard anything yet? The waiting is killing me :s-smilie:
Reply 55
Original post by Clodagh883
I was at that one too, have you heard anything yet? The waiting is killing me :s-smilie:

Hi Clodagh883, i havent heard anthing too. cant wait to find out their decision, is killing me too.
Reply 56
Original post by Mercy55

Hey sorry i have had tonnes of work to do this week so i havnt been able to check any messages :/ im sure you did awesome and i will hopefully be seeing you in september :smile:
Reply 57
Just to make you all aware, in my year which is 1st year this year so will be 2nd years when your freshers we have already had 10 people drop out, out of 64
Reply 58
why do you think 10 dropped out Myotherone? is this the 2 year course for previous graduates that you are on?
Reply 59
Nope its the four year course! and people didn't like it enough, not sure of everyone's reasons

Quick Reply

Latest