Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Original post by Niamh Mc D
Yup i just have to be patient now.

Murano is my first choice, i know a girl there and she said they're lively and that's what i'm looking for! you applying to halls?

So many are saying this, it's making me nervous as to wether I'll land a place in Murano or not :/. I have an unconditional to make things further sucky.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Murano is my first choice, i know a girl there and she said they're lively and that's what i'm looking for! you applying to halls?

do you want to live in a small or a large flat? :smile:
I have just applied for the accommodation. 1st choice is Murano large flats ; 2nd Murano small flats ; 3rd QM and others are just random self-catered rooms. Are they going to tell me which room I got only after the exams?
Reply 1163
Original post by Annie-Bananie
I have just applied for the accommodation. 1st choice is Murano large flats ; 2nd Murano small flats ; 3rd QM and others are just random self-catered rooms. Are they going to tell me which room I got only after the exams?

If it's a conditional then yeah, they won't allocate you unless you are unconditional which will be when you get your results.
Reply 1164
Original post by keepoffthelawn
So far i've only got one offer (conditional from glasgow) and i'm still waiting to hear from the other four. I'm just wondering if i can only apply for accommodation when/if i've chosen Glasgow as my firm or insurance or can i apply now? The reason i'm asking this is because the uni's i'm still waiting to hear from won't get back to me until the very end of march and in case i choose to go to Glasgow i don't want to end up without accommodation.. :p: Do you think it's possible that e.g. the Murano halls will be filled up quickly as they seem quite popular? (I'm an international student if that makes any difference?)

If you're living that far, you'll definitely land a place. Also, I phoned up the accommodation office today. They said that those wishing to live in QM/Cairncross singles should apply early whereas those applying for Murano needn't worry as much (1170 bed spaces). She also said that those with conditionals aren't disadvantaged as they try to divide it up so that... well, I'm not sure how exactly they do it. When you think about it, Uni's need to do a fair amount of predicting. I also asked her if people will end up in Blackfriars (due to oversubscription of Category A) etc., she said they aren't anticipating it.

So, I would say, you have nothing to worry about. But if you're sure about Glasgow, I would just firm it.
Reply 1165
I've just applied. 1st QM, 2nd- Murano small flat, 3rd Murano large flats.
Original post by Tara I
If you're living that far, you'll definitely land a place. Also, I phoned up the accommodation office today. They said that those wishing to live in QM/Cairncross singles should apply early whereas those applying for Murano needn't worry as much (1170 bed spaces). She also said that those with conditionals aren't disadvantaged as they try to divide it up so that... well, I'm not sure how exactly they do it. When you think about it, Uni's need to do a fair amount of predicting. I also asked her if people will end up in Blackfriars (due to oversubscription of Category A) etc., she said they aren't anticipating it.

So, I would say, you have nothing to worry about. But if you're sure about Glasgow, I would just firm it.

um lol my post you quoted was from 2009.....
Reply 1167
Original post by keepoffthelawn
um lol my post you quoted was from 2009.....

Haha, sorry :P I click on the thread and assume it automatically directs to the last page.

Suppose there is such a thing as too late...

anybody knows about halls of GSA? could any give an estimaste of prices for halls ?
Original post by Annie-Bananie
hahah totally!! sounds so good to me! :biggrin: what are you going to study?

are you choosing Murano as well? ooh it is so hard to choose between large and small flats.. I mean, it must sound pretty stupid, but it is kinda important :biggrin:

Yeah i'm putting Murano as my first choice! I think i'd prefer a large flat because then there's bound to be someone you'll get on with :smile:
Original post by ioikonomou
hey there! im going to glasgow most probably next year ,to gsa actually for architecture...and im now checking for accomodation,what do you suggest me????im actually more conserned about the cost so i want sth cheap as possible...

Hey :smile:

Is GSA part of the university of glasgow? i'm applying to Murano, they're £98.99 a week i think that's the cheapest there is!
Just a quick question (sorry if it's already been mentioned/answered :redface:) I have a conditional, but I want to check it out on the open day before applying, will this put me at a disadvantage?

Also, whats Murano like day to day? I have a fair idea of cairncross becuase of my sister, but not Murano, but I'm more inclined to go with latter because a higher chance of single, seems more sociable etc...
Yeah i'm putting Murano as my first choice! I think i'd prefer a large flat because then there's bound to be someone you'll get on with :smile:

i've already applied for Murano large flats so if you need a party person as your neighbour you can easily write in additional information that you would like to be my neighbour :smile: i just remember you wrote earlier that you don't wanna live with non-sociable students :biggrin: anyways, I'm sure we all will have a great time in Murano
Reply 1173
Original post by Chihiro94
Just a quick question (sorry if it's already been mentioned/answered :redface:) I have a conditional, but I want to check it out on the open day before applying, will this put me at a disadvantage?

Also, whats Murano like day to day? I have a fair idea of cairncross becuase of my sister, but not Murano, but I'm more inclined to go with latter because a higher chance of single, seems more sociable etc...

Well, depends where you're applying. If it's Murano, you'll be fine applying a little late, whereas, if it's Carincross single/QM - you wanna get your application in pronto. The accommodation office say it (a conditional) doesn't disadvantage you.

I don't have first hand experience, so I can't answer the second question. But Murano's certainly the more reputable one in terms of socializing, parties etc.
Reply 1174
This has probably already been answered in some form, but - if I have an unconditional offer, and I firmed it, and I applied for housing last Friday - when should I be expecting to hear back?
Reply 1175
Original post by ctln
This has probably already been answered in some form, but - if I have an unconditional offer, and I firmed it, and I applied for housing last Friday - when should I be expecting to hear back?

This is a quote from the email you probably got: Applications for accommodation from students who have accepted an Unconditional Firm offer of study for session 2012/2013 are processed from Mid-April onwards, thereafter usually on a weekly basis.
Reply 1176
Original post by atticus_
This is a quote from the email you probably got: Applications for accommodation from students who have accepted an Unconditional Firm offer of study for session 2012/2013 are processed from Mid-April onwards, thereafter usually on a weekly basis.

Yeah that's the same email I got, though I didn't get it until a few days after I'd sent off my application, so if she has just done it that might explain why she hasn't had the e-mail yet.
Reply 1177
Original post by Jamin
Yeah that's the same email I got, though I didn't get it until a few days after I'd sent off my application, so if she has just done it that might explain why she hasn't had the e-mail yet.

I'll look out for the e-mail - thanks!
Reply 1178
Hello :smile: Can someone tell me anything good/bad about Student Apartments? :smile:
Original post by egliuxe
Hello :smile: Can someone tell me anything good/bad about Student Apartments? :smile:

Haven't been there myself, but from what I've heard..
It is on the university's doorstep! Literally two minutes, which is great.
However, there is a big chance of you ending up in a twin room.
And the social life seems to be not that great

Mind you that I have never seen SA myself :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest