The Student Room Group

Cambridge MPhil Real Estate Finance

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anthony_123
I applied in mid October and submitted all relevant docs within days. In mid January my application status went from 'under department consideration' to "Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies" Status: The degree committee is satisfied with your application. However, your offer has not yet been approved.

I am not familiar with the process so can't provide any credible insight into what happens next. That said, my feeling is the next stage (perhaps conditional offer) will be within 2 weeks.

thoughts?

Looks like you'll get an offer. What is your profile: work experience, academics, undergrad uni etc?
Reply 21
Anyone with updates?
Reply 22
hey guys,

a guy named Evanescence got an offer for this course.

Just a heads up.
Reply 23
Brace yourselves for a long wait boys and girls! I was given a conditional offer for the MPhil REF at Cambridge last year. Application was received in the beginning of December and the offer was made in June. So about a 6 month wait...

Its not a quick process by any means, so start thinking long and hard about your chances of getting into Cambridge, and how badly you actually want to go there, in comparison to your other offers.

That said, maybe the waiting process isn't as long for all applications but that's just my experience so hope it helps someone a little bit. I know it's a pretty tough time with all the waiting and not knowing.
Reply 24
Original post by peteyD
Brace yourselves for a long wait boys and girls! I was given a conditional offer for the MPhil REF at Cambridge last year. Application was received in the beginning of December and the offer was made in June. So about a 6 month wait...

Its not a quick process by any means, so start thinking long and hard about your chances of getting into Cambridge, and how badly you actually want to go there, in comparison to your other offers.

That said, maybe the waiting process isn't as long for all applications but that's just my experience so hope it helps someone a little bit. I know it's a pretty tough time with all the waiting and not knowing.

What about online updates? When did it change to "under consideration by BoGS"? As far as I understand it is as good as "offer coming soon".
Reply 25
Has anyone got an offer yet from Land Economy dept? If so, what was your offer? I'm at BoGs for a different course in the department.
Reply 26
Original post by Akkuz
Has anyone got an offer yet from Land Economy dept? If so, what was your offer? I'm at BoGs for a different course in the department.

Nice, so no more KCL haha. What is your course name if you dont mind me asking? Also, when did you apply? Thanks.
Reply 27
Original post by LSEfreak
Nice, so no more KCL haha. What is your course name if you dont mind me asking? Also, when did you apply? Thanks.

Environmental Policy. Applied Mid-Jan. Moved to BoGS in 7 weeks. Did you apply to the dept.?
Reply 28
Original post by Akkuz
Environmental Policy. Applied Mid-Jan. Moved to BoGS in 7 weeks. Did you apply to the dept.?

Yea i applied to Real Estate Finance. Applied about beginning of Feb...Still waiting...i hope it comes out soon.
Reply 29
Yea i applied to Real Estate Finance. Applied about beginning of Feb...Still waiting...i hope it comes out soon.

Nice one. Best of luck :smile: Well the committee meeting was on Tuesday, so they must have made a lot of decisions. Might be worth phoning them and asking.

If they haven't decided yet, then you must sit in the pool for longer. I saw that Real Estate Finance is a heavily oversubscribed course..272 people applied last year :eek:

With Environmental Policy, we are also able to study Real Estate modules. :tongue: But I think we can only elect one.
Reply 30
Original post by Akkuz
Nice one. Best of luck :smile: Well the committee meeting was on Tuesday, so they must have made a lot of decisions. Might be worth phoning them and asking.

If they haven't decided yet, then you must sit in the pool for longer. I saw that Real Estate Finance is a heavily oversubscribed course..272 people applied last year :eek:

With Environmental Policy, we are also able to study Real Estate modules. :tongue: But I think we can only elect one.

What is their number? Thanks...How do you know when the meeting was?
Reply 31
Original post by Akkuz

The department never picks up calls lol...and grad admissions cant tell me anything....
Reply 32
What is their number? Thanks...How do you know when the meeting was?

It's on the department website. It was on Tuesday.

The department never picks up calls lol...and grad admissions cant tell me anything....

I phoned them up twice and they picked up instantly! I also phoned BoGS and they were extremely helpful.
Reply 33
Original post by Akkuz
. I saw that Real Estate Finance is a heavily oversubscribed course..272 people applied last year :eek:

It really does not matter how many people applied, what matters is the percentage of those who got offers. Percentage wise it is pretty much the same as the other courses, 35-46% of applicants get an offer:

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/univ/camdata/gpref.html

More people apply - more people get accepted.
Reply 34
Original post by janjanmmm
It really does not matter how many people applied, what matters is the percentage of those who got offers. Percentage wise it is pretty much the same as the other courses, 35-46% of applicants get an offer:

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/univ/camdata/gpref.html

More people apply - more people get accepted.

I meant it in the sense that if there are more applicants it may take longer to assess and process the applications :tongue:

Are you waiting for a reply for Real Estate Finance? What stage are you at?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by Akkuz
I meant it in the sense that if there are more applicants it may take longer to assess and process the applications :tongue:

Are you waiting for a reply for Real Estate Finance? What stage are you at?

Yes, I am at the "under consideration by department" since mid January.
Reply 36
Original post by janjanmmm
Yes, I am at the "under consideration by department" since mid January.

Ah ok. Best of luck. Hopefully you will hear something soon.
Reply 37
Original post by Akkuz

So u are ditching IM at KCL? haha
Reply 38
Original post by Akkuz

Thank you, hopefully soon.
Reply 39
Hi guys. Nice to see all you fellow applicants for Cambridge REF. I applied some time in first week of February and is still awaiting for that change in status to "Consideration for BoGS".. A friend of mine had that for his application to MPhil Management and received his confirmed offer one week later.

Currently, I also have an offer from LSE's MSc REEF. Anyone else in the same predicament? It would be great if you could share any opinions you have on that course...

Quick Reply

Latest