The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Official 2012 Nottingham Trent Firmers!!

Thought I’d start a thread for everyone who’s received an offer and is firming Nottingham for 2012! Good opportunity to meet people you’ll be starting with in September and ask any questions about Nottingham life etc to people already there!

Scroll to see replies

Hey i have firmed nottingham trent, but im doing a prostgraduate (Graduate Diploma in Law), living in halls though :smile: what course have you firmed?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Ive applied for Law Sandwich and made NTU my firm choice. I'll be staying at the iQ accommodation
Reply 3
Waiting till results day to select my unis, but I think NTU will be my firm...
Reply 4
I've firmed Law :-)
So excited!!!
Reply 5
not firmed yet, still waiting to hear back from nottingham uni.... but I am pretty sure NTU is going be my firm. Went to the open day today and loved it, my course seems great! I have an offer for childhood studies with 260 points :smile:

Ive been looking at accomadation on the clifton campus.. there was an older one and the new one just built which i would like to live in if im honest! Does anyone have any experiences with these and which is better? I know i have the option of living off campus but i really dont think that is the best thing for me in the first year!
Reply 6
I've firmed NTU.
Going to be studying Equine Psychology & Sports Science at Brackenhurst campus.

Going to the open day in a couple of weeks time, can't wait!
Havent firmed yet - but will do after results day in March :smile:

Have applied for equine sports science and will be staying at Brakenhurst :smile:
Reply 8
I haven't firmed yet but will do after result day next week! ahhhh scary!
But will most likely be firming NTU Law Sandwich :smile:
Does anyone know what halls they will be applying for? I want an en suite on city campus, so that leaves sandby and Gill street? But not sure which?
:biggrin:
Reply 9
MoW
OP
Original post by Alice123456
I haven't firmed yet but will do after result day next week! ahhhh scary!
But will most likely be firming NTU Law Sandwich :smile:
Does anyone know what halls they will be applying for? I want an en suite on city campus, so that leaves sandby and Gill street? But not sure which?
:biggrin:

I'm undecided on which city campus Sandby looks good, still need to have a look around before I decide!
Yeah me too! Going to look around the accommodation properly when I go to the post offer open day on the 10th march! When I went before on an open day I only saw Gill street for literally 2 seconds!
Sandby sounds good though, you get your own bathroom and bedroom so privacy when needed. Yet you are still in a flat of 12/13 to share kitchen wise and also the common room for every 24 people so really sociable as well!
Im kind of swaying towards this atm, although I read something on their website about some building work?
Reply 11
Hey, I've firmed NTU and am doing Italian and History, and decided on Peverell Halls on Clifton campus :smile:
Reply 12
Hi, I'm a first year law student at trent, so if you have any questions regarding law or just trent in general feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Jenx301
not firmed yet, still waiting to hear back from nottingham uni.... but I am pretty sure NTU is going be my firm. Went to the open day today and loved it, my course seems great! I have an offer for childhood studies with 260 points :smile:

Ive been looking at accomadation on the clifton campus.. there was an older one and the new one just built which i would like to live in if im honest! Does anyone have any experiences with these and which is better? I know i have the option of living off campus but i really dont think that is the best thing for me in the first year!

I am doing English Film and TV at Nottingham Trent and not sure on which halls to live in.
Pevrell is cheaper and holds less people in each flat and has a huge common room.
New Hall is more modern and has an amazing kitchen and looks nicer!
Reply 14
Original post by Charli121
I am doing English Film and TV at Nottingham Trent and not sure on which halls to live in.
Pevrell is cheaper and holds less people in each flat and has a huge common room.
New Hall is more modern and has an amazing kitchen and looks nicer!

ive decided to go peverell :smile: its nice and i really dont think that new hall is worth the extra thousand quid, especially when id be a poor student!!!
Reply 15
Got results today, I will be firming for trent!!!! Most likely for law and business, and thinking that i'm going to splash out a little extra for Gill street as i've had this year out to work as well as re-take and i have some money put away. Only concern is how lively the party life is around gill street if anyone knows? Look forward to seeing you all!!!!
Original post by Jo2305
Hey, I've firmed NTU and am doing Italian and History, and decided on Peverell Halls on Clifton campus :smile:

Peverell looks like absolute ****! trust me do not stay there.. my cousin lives in new halls and i have friends in peverell so im there all the time.. its sooo urghhh.. But i guess if u wanna save money :/
I firmed nott trent yesterday and so far Gill looks the best in terms of accommodation. I'l be a fresher and it says on the website 'Most suitable for post graduate and mature students' huhhhhh? Obviously want to be with other freshers so its threw me a bit. Any help?
I've firmed LLB Law at NTU.
Original post by BenEdwards1
I firmed nott trent yesterday and so far Gill looks the best in terms of accommodation. I'l be a fresher and it says on the website 'Most suitable for post graduate and mature students' huhhhhh? Obviously want to be with other freshers so its threw me a bit. Any help?

No gill street is fine for freshers. It just says its suitable for post grad and mature students.. not that its necessarily MORE suitable. Gill street has 422 rooms so u can imagine the amount of first years that will be staying there. Also gill street has studio rooms aswell which is more private which is probably where the more mature students decide to stay..
sandby looks like a ****thole! id rather pay the extra grand!

Quick Reply

Latest