The Student Room Group

Central Saint Martins Art Foundation Applicants 2012/2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Well it says that if we haven't heard by the 26th to contact them..I figured we'd start getting told around mid march because they can't send out letters/emails ON the 26th, that's just taking the piss considering we already have way shorter than most to sort out funding, accomodation etc.
Reply 61
I say that because most other universities my friends applied to have already accepted them and some already have housing etc sorted..
Reply 62
Original post by bananafox
No problem! I was tempted to choose graphics and communication but I decided to dabble a bit in everything first (if i get in.) Where else have you applied to? :smile:

Ah I was tempted to pick the diagnostic route too, we're like opposites! Haha

CSM is the only place I've applied to atm, I want to go to Ravensbourne tbh but haven't applied there yet
I already got my offer (only because I'm international, and they tell you whether or not you have an offer at the end of your interview), but good luck to everyone here! I still haven't been sent my offer, just been told verbally, so Im not sure what my conditions are.

But I'm sure everyone will hear soon enough, since the applications for housing start in April, so you'll definitely find out before then!
Reply 64
Hey, I'm currently at csm foundation doing graphic design and it's great! There is SO much work to do though, I never get a moments rest! It's worth it though, I already have an unconditional and Norwich university and hope to get into some more unis after my interviews
I never heard my reply for csm foundation until the beginning of April (after my portfolio review was in feb last year) but good luck to all of you!
Reply 65
anyone who hears back and had their portfolio review on the 10th of feb please post it on here because i'm waiting too! :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by plumb
anyone who hears back and had their portfolio review on the 10th of feb please post it on here because i'm waiting too! :smile:

I had my interview on the 10th as well :wink: Do you know if we get a letter or an email ? :smile:
i was told id officially get my offer in 3 weeks. my interview was two weeks ago exactly, so i should get it next week. Maybe all the offers for international and home/eu will be sent out in a week :smile:
Reply 68
My review was on the 3rd Feb so it's been over a month..Is it terrible that I've almost stopped caring now?
Reply 69
Original post by RioReport
My review was on the 3rd Feb so it's been over a month..Is it terrible that I've almost stopped caring now?

No I can see where you're coming from.. I just feel kind of numb to the whole thing now. I've worried too much over it for the last month.
Reply 70
Alright guys, been looking at loads of last year's threads and I'm betting that a majority of rejections will be sent out on the 24th of March and acceptances the next day. Both by email. Good luck to everyone, don't freak out if you get an email on the 24th, just guessing from last year's dates :wink:
Hopefully will get to meet some of you in a couple of months! :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by Zuza0813
I had my interview on the 10th as well :wink: Do you know if we get a letter or an email ? :smile:

it sounds like we're gonna get an email! ahh i will be too worried to read it, i don't think i have got in but it was worth a try...
Reply 72
Well I have a feeling that they just laughed at my portfolio xD I got rejected from Kingston, so probably from CSM too, but yeah it was worth a try :wink:
Well I have a feeling that they just laughed at my portfolio xD I got rejected from Kingston, so probably from CSM too, but yeah it was worth a try :wink:

they look for different things, don't give up just yet!!

i just got my conditions, apparently they're now making brits who were educated overseas do IELTs, so i guess i have to get that done.
apparently IB language A and IGCSE first language english is not good enough.
Reply 74
Zuza0813, I feel the same!

Or like they opened it, looked at it in disgust and moved on..I like my work it's just a little controversial. If anyone there was religious I'm 100% sure I offended them..The sheet thing with the numbers on it for each section well, I'm pretty sure I got about 6 points.
Original post by vickrob
Hey, I'm currently at csm foundation doing graphic design and it's great! There is SO much work to do though, I never get a moments rest! It's worth it though, I already have an unconditional and Norwich university and hope to get into some more unis after my interviews
I never heard my reply for csm foundation until the beginning of April (after my portfolio review was in feb last year) but good luck to all of you!

hi :smile: im just wondering as you said you do graphics and ive applied for illustration/graphics what the graphics course entails? i havent done much graphics before at all and im a bit worried about that...
Reply 76
Original post by jacksonriddle
they look for different things, don't give up just yet!!

i just got my conditions, apparently they're now making brits who were educated overseas do IELTs, so i guess i have to get that done.
apparently IB language A and IGCSE first language english is not good enough.

Thanks, I'll just have to keep waiting :wink: So they replied to you already ? But you were educated overseas so I guess that's somehow different to home applicants. Oh and well done for getting the condition. But you're British ? Then why they make you do the IELTs ??
Reply 77
Original post by RioReport
Zuza0813, I feel the same!

Or like they opened it, looked at it in disgust and moved on..I like my work it's just a little controversial. If anyone there was religious I'm 100% sure I offended them..The sheet thing with the numbers on it for each section well, I'm pretty sure I got about 6 points.

controversial is good :wink: They look for intriguing people who push the boundaries. Unfortunately I'm not one of them haha xD I mean I like to go against some stuff but in a mild suggestions haha xD
Thanks, I'll just have to keep waiting :wink: So they replied to you already ? But you were educated overseas so I guess that's somehow different to home applicants. Oh and well done for getting the condition. But you're British ? Then why they make you do the IELTs ??

basically yes. they requested for the offer in december after my interview (international office) but only gave the letter last week. at my interview they didn't actually state the IELTs requirements, so this is a bit frustrating.
anyone got pictures/descriptions of what the interior of the back hill campus looks like?
i seem to be having trouble finding any D:

Quick Reply

Latest