University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Information Management for Business 2012 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mattman727
same! Offer!!!! Yesssss:d

Original post by paulas
SAME, i just received the offer today! am so happy...but now i have to actually get the grades

Original post by james'94
just got an offer this morning, after my interview on 8th Feb
grades are AAB
CANT BELIEVE ITTT

Congrats guys, Good luck with your exams. Hope to see you about next year. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a message.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 141
Original post by jamz0770
Congrats guys, Good luck with your exams. Hope to see you about next year. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a message.

aww thanks a lot!! You've been a great help & have given some good advice
Much appreciated :smile:
Reply 142
How do u apply for accommodation? i firmed UCL and went to apply for accommodation but you needed a student number? i dont have one
Reply 143
Original post by mariamb93
How do u apply for accommodation? i firmed UCL and went to apply for accommodation but you needed a student number? i dont have one

im gonna firm UCL too! :smile: I really hope i get the grades now...
Reply 144
Original post by paulas
im gonna firm UCL too! :smile: I really hope i get the grades now...

yay :biggrin: you will! just work hard :smile:
but that doesnt answer my question haha :tongue:

If you upload the form or link me to it I will have a look for you :smile:
Reply 146

The student number will be on your UCL offer letter. Till you receive it, I doubt you will be able to apply for accommodation.
Reply 147

Thanks! :smile:
The student number is the personal id number which should be on the top of the letter that UCL has sent you regarding your offer. Apart from that theres more info on their website regarding accommodation

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/accommodation/applications/application-process

Good luck with everything!
Reply 148
is this course reputable? seeing as the entry requirements are so low, and i would assume not a lot of people apply..... i personally love this course, but some people in my school have been saying that is like a "crap" course. S:
Original post by macboo
is this course reputable? seeing as the entry requirements are so low, and i would assume not a lot of people apply..... i personally love this course, but some people in my school have been saying that is like a "crap" course. S:

Same here people consider it as an "easy course"...:frown: still offers you loads of career opportunities so "Who laughs last, laughs longest" ! :smile:
Rejection :frown: its ok though
Reply 151
Original post by SmartiePantz
Rejection :frown: its ok though

sorry to hear about your rejection, did you attend the imb interview before you got rejected?
Reply 152
any firmers? :smile:
Reply 153
Is it better to have a windows laptop or an apple mac?
Reply 154

Apple macbook is wayy better! coz its much faster than windows & its harder to get viruses on it..however its more expensive than windows but u can ask for student discount which should help a lil :smile:

Haha, Well Macs are incredibly overpriced but I'd say 70%+ of people seem to have one at UCL. I personally don't see the obsession with them and have a laptop that runs far quicker than my friends that I paid half as much for but whatever makes people happy I guess.

Ultimately the answer is it doesn't really matter.
Hey everyone, I'm new around here. Anways, I've firmed UCL for this course. Really excited to start life in London! I'm an international applicant btw.
I just have a few questions.
1. How inclined is this course towards programming (JAVA, C++, C) in the first year?

2. Will there be time for extra curriculars such as sports or other societies?
- On that note, which sport is UCL renowned for? (I'm keeping my eye out for badminton)

3. Around when will I receive my offer letter?

4. Are there scholarships available for international applicants? (I saw a couple on the UCL website, but I was wondering if there were any other companies/third parties offering scholarships/grants)

5. I understand that the University is kind enough to provide accommodation during the first year of school, but would one recommend finding a place to stay outside campus? (Primarily because it's cheaper if you share with another friend)

6. Could you recommend any reading material to point me in the right direction for the course?

7. Heh is there a Facebook group for the class of 2015/2016 for students starting school this year?

8. How's the social life both at school and in London, in general? Anything in particular to look forward to?

Thanks a bunch to anyone who can answer my queries. Really appreciate it. And to the others who've firmed UCL as well, kudos to you!
(haha personally, I'd prefer a Macbook but a Windows is more practical imo) :smile:

Cheers!
Reply 157
Original post by jamz0770
Haha, Well Macs are incredibly overpriced but I'd say 70%+ of people seem to have one at UCL. I personally don't see the obsession with them and have a laptop that runs far quicker than my friends that I paid half as much for but whatever makes people happy I guess.

Ultimately the answer is it doesn't really matter.

No i mean like, what laptop is better for the course? Coz there is IT in the course and i was wondering if there was any preference!
Reply 158
Original post by paulas
Apple macbook is wayy better! coz its much faster than windows & its harder to get viruses on it..however its more expensive than windows but u can ask for student discount which should help a lil :smile:

No i mean like, what laptop is better for the course? Coz there is IT in the course and i was wondering if there was any preference!
Reply 159
Original post by hmntrch1112
Hey everyone, I'm new around here. Anways, I've firmed UCL for this course. Really excited to start life in London! I'm an international applicant btw.
I just have a few questions.
1. How inclined is this course towards programming (JAVA, C++, C) in the first year?

2. Will there be time for extra curriculars such as sports or other societies?
- On that note, which sport is UCL renowned for? (I'm keeping my eye out for badminton)

3. Around when will I receive my offer letter?

4. Are there scholarships available for international applicants? (I saw a couple on the UCL website, but I was wondering if there were any other companies/third parties offering scholarships/grants)

5. I understand that the University is kind enough to provide accommodation during the first year of school, but would one recommend finding a place to stay outside campus? (Primarily because it's cheaper if you share with another friend)

6. Could you recommend any reading material to point me in the right direction for the course?

7. Heh is there a Facebook group for the class of 2015/2016 for students starting school this year?

8. How's the social life both at school and in London, in general? Anything in particular to look forward to?

Thanks a bunch to anyone who can answer my queries. Really appreciate it. And to the others who've firmed UCL as well, kudos to you!
(haha personally, I'd prefer a Macbook but a Windows is more practical imo) :smile:

Cheers!

I personally wouldn't. As you say, it may be cheaper but I think you can miss out on a lot of social stuff - especially during the fresher's week where you don't know people from your course yet and tend to hang out with the bunch from your hall. Then again, it might be a better option if you're planning to live with your boyfriend/girlfriend; plan to have lots of friends stay over quite often etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending