The Student Room Group

GF Isn't sure whether she wants to stay at my house

Me my GF and my parents are goin to a wedding, My parents have said to my GF she can sleep over as the wedding is quite far away, However as the title says she Isnt sure, my GF If she stays will be stayin in a different room ovs. However if she does not stay she might ask me to get a taxi back with her, And if I do that the taxi will cost loads probs over 30 pound there and back so what should I say

Scroll to see replies

have you asked her why she isn't sure? what doubts is she having?
Reply 2
No I haven't asked her why she isn't sure, whether she wants to stay as I didnt want to come round as to be putting pressure on her. What's your advice
I would suggest laying out the pros and cons of staying with you, and mention the taxi fare. after that, just wait for her to make a decision. I personally don't understand why she's not sure.
Either she's apprehensive that you're going to make a move on her in a situation where she's disadvantaged... or, she wants to f- you and doesn't want your parents in on the deal.

Find out which. Propose a third solution, see how she takes it.
Does she know about the seperate bed thing?

She might be worried about feeling awkward in the morning. Maybe wanting to have a shower, wait for the bathroom, things like that, especially if you have other siblings.
Reply 6
Yeah she knows there is a spare room within the house, and I wouldn't have sex with her or take advantage. I havent done anything with her, apart from French kiss, and ive been seeing her 8 months
There could be a number of reasons she's unsure, you'll only know and be able to suggest a solution if you talk to her about it.
How old are you? :s
Reply 9
I'm 19 and the GF is 17 but will be 18 when the wedding takes place
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah she knows there is a spare room within the house, and I wouldn't have sex with her or take advantage. I havent done anything with her, apart from French kiss, and ive been seeing her 8 months

has she ever stayed over before? Also are you both virgins, or at least is she?

Despite you saying there's another bed I think she's anxious about the possibility you expect things to go further that night and I assume she doesn't feel ready for that.
Reply 11
Things wouldn't go further though as both of my parents will be I'n, and no she has never stayed over before, and I'm a virgin, I haven't asked whether she is a virgin or not, but 99 per cent confident that she is a virgin.
Reply 12
Talk to her and ask her why.

(Hang on, you've been together eight months and you don't even know if she's a virgin or not??? o.0)
Reply 13
It's because he haven't discussed about havin sex yet, we haven't even brought up the idea, not one word of it.
Reply 14
Bump
Reply 15
Maybe she's got a secret and she doesn't want you to find out. Like she's secretly a man! :sexface:
8 months and you haven't discussed sex? Good on you bro!
And you're 18?! Fab stuff!
Original post by LizzieLizzie.
8 months and you haven't discussed sex? Good on you bro!
And you're 18?! Fab stuff!

sex isn't everything in a relationship you know their are other key aspects which help build a successful relationship

op don't feel pressurized or put pressure on her these idiots don't know what their talking about

Original post by yothi5
Maybe she's got a secret and she doesn't want you to find out. Like she's secretly a man! :sexface:
lol
(edited 12 years ago)
Everyone's saying this is a sex thing, but it might be that she feels awkward/like she's intruding in your parents house. If I'm staying at the family home of a boyfriend, I always worry that I'm going to get in the way, and about things like getting ready in the morning and not having my own stuff with me (shampoo etc). Just ask her if there's any reason why she is unsure about staying over and take it from there.
Original post by Anonymous

Oh dear.

I'd give an honest response to your problem, but you'd need to be honest with yourself first to get anything from it. Honest about why you haven't had sex, honest about whether you're getting your basic needs met, and honest about how comfortable you are in your masculinity.

Quick Reply