The Student Room Group

University Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Hope UCL win tonight - will make for an interesting final against Manchester, as they have each been rather memorable.
Will be backing Manchester in the final though, i've really enjoyed watching them.
Original post by Mocking_bird
Hope UCL win tonight - will make for an interesting final against Manchester, as they have each been rather memorable.
Will be backing Manchester in the final though, i've really enjoyed watching them.

Karren is a beautiful man. Truly the hero that University Challenge deserves.
Hmm, University Challenge or the Newcastle game?
Original post by Brammers
Hi guys - this is my first post on TSR in a loooong time. Just want to say a few things:

1. THANK YOU for watching the match last week. I'm glad you've been having fun following the series and hopefully you found our previous matches a bit more entertaining!

2. I genuinely hope that no wrists were slashed. Looking at you here, golddust :tongue: Yep, we got stomped all over, but we had a great time getting to the semis! There's no shame in being outclassed.

3. It's been great lurking on the interwebs and reading messages of support and knowing that people enjoyed watching us play.

Looking forward to the semi tonight. Can't wait to see what surprises the UCL captain trots out for us. Now if only I could stop the adrenaline rush whenever I hear the theme tune...

wORCESTER BRAMHILL!
Hi guys - this is my first post on TSR in a loooong time. Just want to say a few things:

1. THANK YOU for watching the match last week. I'm glad you've been having fun following the series and hopefully you found our previous matches a bit more entertaining!

2. I genuinely hope that no wrists were slashed. Looking at you here, golddust :tongue: Yep, we got stomped all over, but we had a great time getting to the semis! There's no shame in being outclassed.

3. It's been great lurking on the interwebs and reading messages of support and knowing that people enjoyed watching us play.

Looking forward to the semi tonight. Can't wait to see what surprises the UCL captain trots out for us. Now if only I could stop the adrenaline rush whenever I hear the theme tune...

it must have been brilliant being on the show :smile: well done for how far you got anyway!
Haha yeah, the UCL captain is so funny :tongue:
Original post by Roger Mexico
Karren is a beautiful man. Truly the hero that University Challenge deserves.

Interesting hair he has today...... :tongue:
I really wanted UCL to win :sad:
Original post by BeccaCath94
Interesting hair he has today...... :tongue:

He has ludicrous amounts of swag, I don't know how he manages it.
That Pugh guy pissed me off with his twitching
Original post by Woodworth
That Pugh guy pissed me off with his twitching

I can't imagine he does it deliberately :lol:

I'm from Colchester in Essex, and I'm studying Chemistry.

I love the way you say that haha :lol:
Reply 1291
Original post by Roger Mexico
Holy ****, I didn't even quote your post. I have brain problems, I'm so sorry.

hhahahahaha Don't worry, my man! At least you made me laugh!!

I will check BBC iPlayer!
Thanks!
Reply 1292
Good round tonight - Pugh may twitch but he is an absolute machine!
I love this show so much! :smile: I want to go on it when I'm older! Haha, I'm trying to persuade my friends to have a university challenge party for the finalnwhere we keep score.

This years has been good, my favourite teams have been Worcester Oxford, Clare Cambridge, Manchester, UCL, Pembroke Cambridge and Birmingham.

Karran was my favourite individual (medic :love: )

oh my god, helloooooooo! (i'm trying to contain my excitement here) :colondollar: :biggrin:
you were such a brilliant contestant, as was the team. you were my faves from the beginning, i'm heartbroken you didn't reach the finals. i really thought you would've. guess it wasn't meant to be, eh?
ohohoh, may you tell mr knapp i cherish him and his beautiful smile? :colondollar:

+ did you get a chance to meet the pax pre/post recording?

best of luck with your studies mr bramhill!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1295
Now if only I could stop the adrenaline rush whenever I hear the theme tune...

oh my god, you too?
i really enjoyed yesterday's show... good to see some chess in there :wink:

all of the Pembroke team were on good form & it should be an excellent final

:bear:
mad love for mukherjee, he bossed the economics questions!
TBH I only watch it occasionally, it's not like general knowledge questions are going to help me much me with my degree lol. What I don't get is why most of contestants are always male, surely they should have an equal representation of both males and females :rolleyes:
Original post by Multitalented me
What I don't get is why most of contestants are always male

Doesn't it tell you something about the demographics of candidates for places on teams, given that each team will try to maximise its chances of doing well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending