The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by baztech
So has it always been just after midnight for Glasgow we get emails from UCAS for status updates??

THE WAITING MUST STOP.

I don't get why they'd be like late at night.
Maybe they have little offer elves working into the deads of night.
Hmmm . . .
Original post by Farwa
are you at glasgow med school now???

No, sorry. I'm an applicant too!
Reply 1482
Original post by joemullally
And if they ask to my face then they'll get one :P
However if I change my user name it's harder for people to recognize me as that guy from the interview or whatever :P

I bet people will probably forget or not make the TSR connection. :laugh:
smart cookie. :cookie:
Original post by apple17
I bet people will probably forget or not make the TSR connection. :laugh:
smart cookie. :cookie:

I've been recognised at all my interviews, :P
At one it was a case of, I'm joe
JOEMULLALLY?
Yeah, that one . . . ¬¬
Reply 1484
Original post by joemullally
I've been recognised at all my interviews, :P
At one it was a case of, I'm joe
JOEMULLALLY?
Yeah, that one . . . ¬¬

So famous. :laugh:
Changing ur user-name seems like a smart idea. :rolleyes: (unless u want to be in debt due to cornettos)
Original post by apple17
So famous. :laugh:
Changing ur user-name seems like a smart idea. :rolleyes: (unless u want to be in debt due to cornettos)

haha I'll chase it up at some point, Don't know if I have the mynadd now.
Reply 1486
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
No, sorry. I'm an applicant too!

ohhh right lol good luck to you too i just hope everyone was silly like us :P that would make us less silly i guess
This thread is buzzing all of a sudden
Good luck guys! Hope decisions are soon for you (like tonight or tomorrow) and you all get those offers!
Original post by sweetchilli
Good luck guys! Hope decisions are soon for you (like tonight or tomorrow) and you all get those offers!

Since joemullally is backing out of the cornetto deal, we need someone to fill in... :colonhash:
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Since joemullally is backing out of the cornetto deal, we need someone to fill in... :colonhash:

Aye right...
Reply 1491
Decision day soon eh? I'm so excited but scared, more scared than I was before the interview! I really don't want to hear bad news from Glasgow. If saying 'please' would work, I would say it trillion times until I get the offer to start medicine there this September. Please please please x trillion (just in case they're reading this) :colondollar:
Reply 1492
Well my response is to get as wasted as possible and hold out for a good result! If not me and the boyfriend are going to have serious headaches for nothing lol!!!
Reply 1493
Original post by pdk
Decision day soon eh? I'm so excited but scared, more scared than I was before the interview! I really don't want to hear bad news from Glasgow. If saying 'please' would work, I would say it trillion times until I get the offer to start medicine there this September. Please please please x trillion (just in case they're reading this) :colondollar:

is glasgow your first choice?
Was working in a charity shop near glasgow uni earlier tonight and one of the medical admissions officers came in. o.0 I had to use all my will power not to run up to him like a maniac screaming; "OMG! PLEASE LET ME IN. I'M LIKE, SO GOOD - EVEN IF I SAY STUPID THINGS IN INTERVIEWS PLEASE JUST LET ME IN IT'D BE SO AMAZING. FGIUBGRBJRIUFEWIUGRGH"

It was possibly one of the most nerve wracking/scary customer experience i've ever had knowing that the person in the shop holds the key to your future. It was awful.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1495
What is this cornetto deal? Im intruiged!
Original post by Nat123
What is this cornetto deal? Im intruiged!

Unrelated, but I'm also called Nat

Pleased to meet your sir :cool:

If your name isn't actually Nat then I'm gonna be really disappointed btw...
Reply 1497
I want an offer from Glasgow so badly, love the uni, love the city and love the course!
Reply 1498
Original post by Farwa
is glasgow your first choice?

Yes but more like my only choice now lol. I love the place, Uni and people and its far from where i live so could do with a new start there, so yeah really want to get there! Leeds is closer to home so it was my first preference, purely based on location! What about you? x
Reply 1499
Original post by RO'Gara
I want an offer from Glasgow so badly, love the uni, love the city and love the course!

We all do, we all do x

Quick Reply