The Student Room Group

Need info about scholarships (Athletic) in USA

Hey,

So i'm in the UK in year 11 and going to be going to sixth form next year and would just like to know a bit of information on athletic scholarships in the UK.

Firstly, i would like to know the whole process of getting an athletic scholarship from doing SAT's/ACT tests to writing to coaches etc to getting the scholarship.

Secondly, I would also like to know if what score you get on your SAT's/ACT affects the coaches decision on whether or not to give you a scholarship?

Thanks.
Use google and find other websites to learn info about this. Start taping your games.
Original post by FinanceStudent28
Use google and find other websites to learn info about this. Start taping your games.

This in a nutshell. I would also advice joining a club that has connections to US colleges. What league are you aiming for? Div,1,2, or 3??? I suggest this becuase a close freind actually got into an American football scholorship becuase in our city a sports academy has an american football department which has direct connections. This allows for coaches to actually fix a proper application, interview and equivilant proday observation if you knwo watta mean :tongue:, This gives you more of a chance than if you applied as a freelancer scholoship candedate. Do you homework and research. Check your city for sports colleges which have good athletics departments that you could transfer to for your A levels. Remember to get top A levels and good Sat's. Best of luck :wink:

Just realised the terrible grammer in my post above LOL, Im a tad tipsy, Apologies for that haha.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Stano123
Hey,

So i'm in the UK in year 11 and going to be going to sixth form next year and would just like to know a bit of information on athletic scholarships in the UK.

Firstly, i would like to know the whole process of getting an athletic scholarship from doing SAT's/ACT tests to writing to coaches etc to getting the scholarship.

Secondly, I would also like to know if what score you get on your SAT's/ACT affects the coaches decision on whether or not to give you a scholarship?

Thanks.

Look into the Fullbright commission, they do yearly fairs where uni's from mainly the US come over.

Also like to point out that sport scholarships are very competitive and is sometimes split between 2 people, so you won't get the full amount.

To get recognised by coaches over there, you would probably be in the national team for your age for your sport and better.
Reply 4
Original post by mclovin123
This in a nutshell. I would also advice joining a club that has connections to US colleges. What league are you aiming for? Div,1,2, or 3??? I suggest this becuase a close freind actually got into an American football scholorship becuase in our city a sports academy has an american football department which has direct connections. This allows for coaches to actually fix a proper application, interview and equivilant proday observation if you knwo watta mean :tongue:, This gives you more of a chance than if you applied as a freelancer scholoship candedate. Do you homework and research. Check your city for sports colleges which have good athletics departments that you could transfer to for your A levels. Remember to get top A levels and good Sat's. Best of luck :wink:

Just realised the terrible grammer in my post above LOL, Im a tad tipsy, Apologies for that haha.

you spelt grammar wrong too btw but that just makes your observation funnier :tongue:
Original post by Azland
you spelt grammar wrong too btw but that just makes your observation funnier :tongue:

I was not tipsy actually, I was pretty drunk :tongue:. My post looks ****ing retarded :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending