Nottingham Trent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Just got another conditional offer from NTU for Law with Psychology :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 461
Firmed Notts trent to do Product Design BA :biggrin: anyone else looking at doing this course here??
Reply 462
I have an offer for English, Film and TV!

Hope to see you all there!
Original post by samiiiii
anyone got any forensic science offers yet?! im getting desperate now! argghhhh!!!!!

Yes!

Got a conditional on 12th Jan, 260pts, you're on Clifton campus?

:biggrin:
Reply 464
I got an offer for Law with Psychology aswell :biggrin:
Reply 465
Does anyone know if NTU accept general studies? It may be different for each course, I'm doing languages if that helps. :smile:
Original post by beth1407
Does anyone know if NTU accept general studies? It may be different for each course, I'm doing languages if that helps. :smile:

Email your department asking :smile:
Reply 467
Original post by 51mm0n5
Yes!

Got a conditional on 12th Jan, 260pts, you're on Clifton campus?

I'm still waiting!!! Got to send all my crime scene portfolios to them before friday, hopefully i won't be waiting around much longer!
I will be on Clifton if i like the sound of the offer they give me :biggrin:
Reply 468
Original post by oyelf1
I live in Goldsmith atm, and it is sooo, soooo badly built. It depends what experience your looking for, if your a party go-er Goldsmith will probably be better, but if you like your sleep id probably advise you to go elsewhere. In goldsmith, the floors are so thin that you'll get woken up by the person above you even walking to the bathroom. I live above my friend and have to tip-toe everywhere so as not to wake her. If you live on one side, theres a club a couple of buildings away, and this will pribably keep you up about 3 or 4 nights a week until it closes at 3. If someone comes back in the night and decides to play music, even if your 4 flats away, you will probably hear it.

But in saying this, I am a really light sleeper. The worst thing about this really is the floors, i'd advise getting to know the people above and below you so they actually care about your sleep because, even though i love my flat mates to pieces, some of the people living here atm are complete ****ers! :smile:

Sorry to be so harsh but i felt i needed to give you my experience haha!

I was going to apply for Goldsmith, glad I didnt. Wat do you kno abot iQ accommodation?
Reply 469
Got a conditional for BSc Physics with Nuclear Technology, just need to pass my access to HE course which will be fine! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting, I was starting to loose hope!
Reply 470
Original post by jackevans
Got a conditional for BSc Physics with Nuclear Technology, just need to pass my access to HE course which will be fine! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting, I was starting to loose hope!

I just got an offer for physics with astro and I also only need to achieve a overall pass on my access to HE course (doing access to HE science/eng at newc college; physics, chem and math all level 3)

Do you not find it a bit, worrying? maybe, that they only want us to pass the access course, baring in mind I would say a pass is equivalent to CCC-DDD at A level (if this is wrong someone please correct me), when A levels are harder and their requirements for A level students must be higher than CCC-DDD?

I just hope they've not overestimated the access courses compared to A levels.
Reply 471
Original post by Kvitty
I just got an offer for physics with astro and I also only need to achieve a overall pass on my access to HE course (doing access to HE science/eng at newc college; physics, chem and math all level 3)

Do you not find it a bit, worrying? maybe, that they only want us to pass the access course, baring in mind I would say a pass is equivalent to CCC-DDD at A level (if this is wrong someone please correct me), when A levels are harder and their requirements for A level students must be higher than CCC-DDD?

I just hope they've not overestimated the access courses compared to A levels.

I completely understand what you're saying. I applied for FdSc Physics and the BSc Physics with Nuclear Technology and got the same conditions for both courses, which I found a little weird.
In our first year I would assume that we'll be covering a lot of what A Level students would have covered before, probably a little more advance, just to get everyone up to the same level. (Current students please correct me if I'm wrong)
I was thinking about firming the FdSc and working hard in the first year to 'fast track' to the second year of one of their degrees (if you acheive an av. mark of 65% throughout the year, baring in mind 70% is a 1st)
I then thought that was pointless because I may end up having to do the second year of the foundation when all I want to be doing is the degree.
I agree with what you say about the CCC-DDD too.
So far in my physics classes at my college (South Essex College), I feel like we're covering 'advanced GCSE'/easy AS level physics. It's really frustrating.
I'm just going to have to work very hard 1st year.
Are you going to be living on Clifton Campus?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 472
Original post by jackevans
I completely understand what you're saying. I applied for FdSc Physics and the BSc Physics with Nuclear Technology and got the same conditions for both courses, which I found a little weird.
In our first year I would assume that we'll be covering a lot of what A Level students would have covered before, probably a little more advance, just to get everyone up to the same level. (Current students please correct me if I'm wrong)
I was thinking about firming the FdSc and working hard in the first year to 'fast track' to the second year of one of their degrees (if you acheive an av. mark of 65% throughout the year, baring in mind 70% is a 1st)
I then thought that was pointless because I may end up having to do the second year of the foundation when all I want to be doing is the degree.
I agree with what you say about the CCC-DDD too.
So far in my physics classes at my college (South Essex College), I feel like we're covering 'advanced GCSE'/easy AS level physics. It's really frustrating.
I'm just going to have to work very hard 1st year.
Are you going to be living on Clifton Campus?

I don't know where I'd be living, if I'm honest I haven't looked at the accommodation as it's not going to be my firm, it'll be my insurance.

I am very worried about the offer though as to why it's only passes, I just think they're overestimating our mathematic ability as access is good but it's not as good as A level, plus my teacher is frustratingly **** at teaching, her math is really good but she can't teach for ****.
Whoop just firmed NTU, anyone else got a conditional for economics??? :cute:
Just Insured for law :smile:
I've just firmed Nottingham Trent for Psychology! Looking for Accommodation now, can't wait to go, but I really don't know what halls to go for.. Any advice? x
Original post by samiiiii
I'm still waiting!!! Got to send all my crime scene portfolios to them before friday, hopefully i won't be waiting around much longer!
I will be on Clifton if i like the sound of the offer they give me :biggrin:

What kind of stuff did they ask you to send in? I didn't have to do anything like that but I'd already done a NVQ3 in FS in a home learning thing so I guessed that's why haha :redface:
Reply 477
I just firmed for Pharmacology at the Clifton Campus.
Reply 478
I have applied for Fine Art 2012, just wondering what people are thinking about accommodation?! City site! I just don't have a clue about which ones are good and bad and all that! Help!
One room available in a friendly all male six bed flat for 2012/13.
Located within a very short walk of the Nottingham Trent University and the City Centre. The property benefits from a large open plan kitchen/lounge with washer/dryer, fridge/ freezer, microwave and cooker plus a flat screen TV.
Bedrooms are fully furnished including a 3/4 size bed. Free internet and utillities are included in the price of £82pw.
For more information message me or contact Megaclose via this link. http://www.megaclose.com/accommodation_detail.php?id=425

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending