The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Rejection anyone?

Today I just got a rejection from LSE, I think I'm screwed up now :frown:

I think the reason they reject me because they do not believe I'm going to match their requirement which is AAA (my personal statement is very good according to my teachers and my friends). My mind now is like 'Revenge' and prove them wrong. try hard like 200% to get A* as many as possible...

But my question is if my A level grades are higher than the requirement. Will I have any chance? like offer me back a place or sth like that. Because I wonder just in case people have like 2 or 3 A* on their grades, whereas the requirement could be lower like BBB, AAB or AAA. A little bit unfair for them right :| ?

*Edited: is there any chance for me that I send them private email to convince them to give me a place?

I've got offers from Queen Mary, Westminster and University of Birmingham for Accounting and Finance. still waiting for City...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Any chance of what exactly?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
From the sounds of the other places you applied to, you didn't meet LSE's minimum entry requirement.
Reply 3
I've applied to LSE with 3A* as my predicted grades for A Level, and haven't still received an offer. I guess it depends on the subject choices you've chosen for the course. I have taken Chemistry, Accounting and Maths (seeing as LSE asks for sciences and maths, with accounting) for the Accounting and Finance course. My teachers and friends also said I've written an amazing personal statement, one that my Exam Co-ordinator praised very much. Plus my reference was top-notch, and LSE's still hesitating with any offer.

To answer your question though, I've not heard of any university changing their decision seeing your actual grades. Hope you get that City offer, man. Got mine's like a month ago - A*AA required.
Reply 4
Original post by Anneihtseme
Today I just got a rejection from LSE, I think I'm screwed up now :frown:

I think the reason they reject me because they do not believe I'm going to match their requirement which is AAA (my personal statement is very good according to my teachers and my friends). My mind now is like 'Revenge' and prove them wrong. try hard like 200% to get A* as many as possible...

But my question is if my A level grades are higher than the requirement. Will I have any chance? like offer me back a place or sth like that. Because I wonder just in case people have like 2 or 3 A* on their grades, whereas the requirement could be lower like BBB, AAB or AAA. A little bit unfair for them right :| ?

I've got offers from Queen Mary, Westminster and University of Birmingham for Accounting and Finance. still waiting for City...

firstly were you predicted to get AAA? If you weren't chances are LSE would probally have rejected you straight away. Also being predicted to meet the grades is no guarentee of a place when many people will apply being predicted a number of A*'s. Secondly LSE place great emphasis on the personal statement and expect it to be at a very high standard. Unfortunatley a teachers view of a good personal statement and LSE's might not be the same.

If you do manage to get those A*'s and you wish to go to LSE then you will need to reapply, as LSE will not accept anyone they rejected initally.
Reply 5
OMG because LSE means alot to me :frown: I guess there are chances that I'd take gap year and reapply next year...

But anyone knows about University of Birmingham? How is it like compared to Queen Mary or City?
I see that University of Birmingham quite has a good brand in the UK, but not internationally I guess (though the QS rank them about 60th globally)
p/s: I'm a foreigner
Reply 6

Do you mean - if you acheived a higher result than their entry requirement, whether you might be reconsidered and accepted, despite the fact that you have been rejected already?
Tha's not possible, but you can do a similar kind of thing with UCAS adjust, where if you get a higher result than the entry requirement of your firm choice, you can choose to be considered by a uni with a higher standard. But LSE doesn't allow Adjust, or clearing.

Birmingham's a gd place for your sub as well but if you're that serious about lse then you should make sure you have lush grades by summer before you decide to take a gap year.
Reply 7
Don't worry, Birmingham's a really good uni
Reply 8
is there any chance for me that I send LSE private email to convince them to give me a place? like I would match their requirements
Reply 9
is there any chance for me that I send LSE private email to convince them to give me a place? like I would match their requirements

No chance of this working.

What were your GCSE and AS-level grades? You probably got rejected on the basis of those + your personal statement, rather than predicted grades (which also do matter, but usually it's people falling down at GCSE).

no, because they have already considered your application and decided they couldn't accept you. and the majority of applicants will at the minimum meet their requirements- thats not enough for such a competitive university. It might be worth emailing to ask for feedback on your application.
Reply 11
OMG because LSE means alot to me :frown: I guess there are chances that I'd take gap year and reapply next year...

But anyone knows about University of Birmingham? How is it like compared to Queen Mary or City?
I see that University of Birmingham quite has a good brand in the UK, but not internationally I guess (though the QS rank them about 60th globally)
p/s: I'm a foreigner

Queen Mary is very strong, now part of Russell Group but i'm doing Economics and i know their economics department is really good, just not too sure about your course. It depends if you'll like the course
Reply 12
This could work...

Quick Reply

Latest