The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sweet77
anyone going to the open day tomorrow?

Me! I'm going for languages. How about you?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 3641
Original post by xavier10146
Ok, so last Econ open day is tomorrow and no response. Anyone else in a similar position?
Does this mean definitely rejection, or could they simply give a straight offer?
Thanks.

I'm in the exact same position! Quite worried! hoping that it isn't necessarily the last open day - someone said it on TSR but I haven't heard it from anyone else! Is there a chance we could get offers without open day invites?
Original post by kt94
I'm in the exact same position! Quite worried! hoping that it isn't necessarily the last open day - someone said it on TSR but I haven't heard it from anyone else! Is there a chance we could get offers without open day invites?

I've heard its the last open day from quite a few people. So, if we are to get an offer (assuming the previous is true, it will be with out an open day. After all, some recent open days were not compulsory to attend for the offer. Keep hope alive! max 3 weeks to hear!
Reply 3643
Original post by sweet77
for what course? and do you have to attend an open day?

ESPS dual degree. I have already attended one, on February 29.
Original post by inspiration01
yeeeee boiii! :P hahahaa! well done man!

:smile:)) c u there, will be awesome.
Reply 3645
Original post by SimplyComplex
Me! I'm going for languages. How about you?

Me too :biggrin: :biggrin:
French and Spanish, what about you?

Are you preparing anything?
Reply 3646
Anyone who has been to an open day for modern languages and received an offer...how long do you have to wait to find out your offer?
Original post by sweet77
Me too :biggrin: :biggrin:
French and Spanish, what about you?

Are you preparing anything?

Will probably end up meeting you sometime tomorrow, then! :smile: Are you looking forward to it? I am, but I'm also a little anxious at the same time. London such a big place - hope I don't get lost. xD I'm bordering on firming UCL, so I'm hoping I like it as much once I'm there. Are your parents coming with you? And I haven't prepared anything - do we have to? :smile:
Reply 3648
hi all.

anyone applied for economics and philosophy?
Reply 3649
Original post by SimplyComplex
Will probably end up meeting you sometime tomorrow, then! :smile: Are you looking forward to it? I am, but I'm also a little anxious at the same time. London such a big place - hope I don't get lost. xD I'm bordering on firming UCL, so I'm hoping I like it as much once I'm there. Are your parents coming with you? And I haven't prepared anything - do we have to? :smile:

Nope you don't!

Good luck and enjoy! :smile:
Reply 3650
Original post by Gales
Nope you don't!

Good luck and enjoy! :smile:

haha hey Gales...how long did you wait to receive your offer?
Im sure Ive probably asked you this :P
Reply 3651
Original post by sweet77
haha hey Gales...how long did you wait to receive your offer?
Im sure Ive probably asked you this :P

I had it before I went, 95% of people there hadn't though. :smile:
Reply 3652
I have my interview tomorrow :afraid:
Reply 3653
Original post by Roses*
ESPS dual degree. I have already attended one, on February 29.

I got the same email! and my assessment day was the 27th. I have an offer for ESPS too :smile: But my Track got updated before I received the email..has yours been?
Reply 3654
Original post by uni2012
I got the same email! and my assessment day was the 27th. I have an offer for ESPS too :smile: But my Track got updated before I received the email..has yours been?

Congrats! Is it "straight" ESPS or the dual degree? By the way, my track hasn't been updated yet- do I need to worry? :P
Original post by Roses*
Does recommendation for an offer=offer? I've just received quite an ambiguous email from UCL saying that they have recommended my faculty to offer me a place...

Hey Roses*,
I just read that you received a mail that said that you are recommended to be made an offer for the ESPS dual degree! I got the same mail this evening and I just couldn't believe it :biggrin: I am glad that I was at home because I couldn't stop jumping around my laptop :ahee:

I also attended the assessment day on 29th February, so it's probable that we met at UCL! I read that you are from Italy and I met 2 Italian girls outside Tessa Robinson's office before my interview, maybe you were one of them?
I was the incredibly nervous German girl (long brown hair, purple flower dress, my name is Valentina, if that helps :wink: )
For which language/campus did you apply?

I am also a bit worried because of the "recommendation".. it's not very clear if an offer is guaranteed, quite confusing :confused:
I sent a mail to Mrs Robinson in order to clarify this point, hope to get an answer tomorrow!

All the best from France (I am currently on my gap year there)! :smile:
Reply 3656
Original post by VoyageuseCurieuse
Hey Roses*,
I just read that you received a mail that said that you are recommended to be made an offer for the ESPS dual degree! I got the same mail this evening and I just couldn't believe it :biggrin: I am glad that I was at home because I couldn't stop jumping around my laptop :ahee:

I also attended the assessment day on 29th February, so it's probable that we met at UCL! I read that you are from Italy and I met 2 Italian girls outside Tessa Robinson's office before my interview, maybe you were one of them?
I was the incredibly nervous German girl (long brown hair, purple flower dress, my name is Valentina, if that helps :wink: )
For which language/campus did you apply?

I am also a bit worried because of the "recommendation".. it's not very clear if an offer is guaranteed, quite confusing :confused:
I sent a mail to Mrs Robinson in order to clarify this point, hope to get an answer tomorrow!

All the best from France (I am currently on my gap year there)! :smile:

Yeah I remember you! You had your interview around 11-11.30 am right? I was the girl with red/brown hair, blue eyes, wearing a suit. I applied for French, in Paris, and you? I guess it means an offer as I've heard that they often send "recommendations" instead of straight offers after open days. Moreover, the email says that we will soon receive "the details of the offer", so... However, let me know as soon as you get some response... Check your inbox by the way :smile:
Hey I just saw that you guys just heard back from ESPS as well! I heard back today - got the same e-mail. I'm from the US so I did my interview over Skype.

Do you think we're getting unconditional or conditional offers? To me it sounds unconditional since she said we have a place, but I'm not sure.
Original post by Roses*
Yeah I remember you! You had your interview around 11-11.30 am right? I was the girl with red/brown hair, blue eyes, wearing a suit. I applied for French, in Paris, and you? I guess it means an offer as I've heard that they often send "recommendations" instead of straight offers after open days. Moreover, the email says that we will soon receive "the details of the offer", so... However, let me know as soon as you get some response... Check your inbox by the way :smile:

Yeah my interview was around that time! I remember you too :biggrin:
I also applied for French and picked Paris as my first choice and then Nancy as my second choice. I'll let you know which campus I got and what Mrs Robinson answered as soon as I got a response!
Thanks for the pm, just added you on FB :smile:
Original post by TERMStudent
Hey I just saw that you guys just heard back from ESPS as well! I heard back today - got the same e-mail. I'm from the US so I did my interview over Skype.

Do you think we're getting unconditional or conditional offers? To me it sounds unconditional since she said we have a place, but I'm not sure.

Is the mail also for the dual degree or is it the regular ESPS programme?
anyway: congratulations! :biggrin:
If it's the dual BA, which campus did you choose?
I am not sure what offers we will get, I think it depends.
Do you already have your grades?

Latest