The Student Room Group

Could you have a relationship with someone if you supported a diff football team

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tootles
Correction: no reasonable person would argue or fall out over peas. Just as no reasonable person would argue or fall out over a sodding football team. Or is that the limit of the intelligence of people such as you, where you'll spend all day paying some twit to kick a ball around.

I stand by what I've always said: professional sports should be limited in what they pay players to the national minimum wage. Or better still, they should play for fun without being paid, and people who watch charged a nominal fee, simply for the upkeep of the stadium.

National minimum wage? :lol: You were probably negged for your moronic and clueless view on professional sport and how the economy works...
Reply 21
Original post by little_wizard123
National minimum wage? :lol: You were probably negged for your moronic and clueless view on professional sport and how the economy works...
They are entertaining people. They aren't doing anything more important than that. That money could be made available for things it's really needed for, like the armed forces and the emergency services. My 'moronic' view is that people should play sport because it is fun; that should be its incentive - after all, that's why we do it.

And how can you mention how the economy works? It doesn't work, it's ****ed, in case you never noticed.
Reply 22
Original post by Tootles
They are entertaining people. They aren't doing anything more important than that. That money could be made available for things it's really needed for, like the armed forces and the emergency services. My 'moronic' view is that people should play sport because it is fun; that should be its incentive - after all, that's why we do it.

And how can you mention how the economy works? It doesn't work, it's ****ed, in case you never noticed.

The money that football generates? :facepalm: sorry but, you're clueless.
Reply 23
Original post by Belle-x
The money that football generates? :facepalm: sorry but, you're clueless.
No, the money that the mundane population throws at footballers. As in: that money needn't be spent on football. If they were to cut footballers' wages to a regular, reasonable wage, they would have no financial incentive to play (I admittedly don't know if there's a difference in pay whether they win or lose, but I would have assumed there would be something), and they would be able to concentrate their efforts on what sport really is:

Keep fit

Have fun

And you also wouldn't have idiots becoming professional sportsmen for the money like you do; "back in the day," when they were paid a more reasonable wage, they were barely ever in the news; if one one in the news, it would be because something massive happened.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Tootles
No, the money that the mundane population throws at footballers. As in: that money needn't be spent on football. If they were to cut footballers' wages to a regular, reasonable wage, they would have no financial incentive to play (I admittedly don't know if there's a difference in pay whether they win or lose, but I would have assumed there would be something), and they would be able to concentrate their efforts on what sport really is:

Keep fit

Have fun

And you also wouldn't have idiots becoming professional sportsmen for the money like you do; "back in the day," when they were paid a more reasonable wage, they were barely ever in the news; if one one in the news, it would be because something massive happened.

Like I said before, you really really are clueless. Not saying any more on the matter as you are rather deluded.
Original post by Tootles

People can spend money they earn on what they like. They value going to watch sports at a certain price, so choose to pay it. If they didn't spend their wages on watching football, they're not going to give it to the NHS are they :rolleyes:

And your last point, what are you on about? I'm talking about demand vs. supply. Remember that foreign owners come into English football and pay players huge wages, much of which goes to the UK government as tax...
absolutely ridiculous question lmao
Haha best question ever
Im sheffield wednesday and my girlfriend is sheffield united
We enjoy a lot of banter, fall out a few times, but whoever upsets the other one always finds a way of making it up..
Reply 28
Omg you can go out with absolutely anyone football dosnt matter it's just a pass time and a job for the likes of David beckham etc so is this thread a troll or what?
That's so childish. :facepalm2:
I seriously doubt anyone over the age of 11 will fall out over that.
Original post by Ice Constricter
That's so childish. :facepalm2:
I seriously doubt anyone over the age of 11 will fall out over that.

We do actually fall out over it sometimes :P but soon make up..
Reply 31
Haha. Love this thread title.
As long as they didn't support Arsenal ... (lol, im joking - what kind of a question is this?)
Im a massive everton fan. Was devestated when my GF told me she was a liverpool fan . DEVESTATED - But i have overcome it a little :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending