The Student Room Group

Moroccan 16, kills herself because judge forced her to marry her RAPIST

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by One Nation
Are you implying that non-muslims cannot comment on islam ?

If you arnt muslim, you'll never get it into a muslims head you do know things about Islam and the Quran. Its just their way of dodging and picking what you say.
I didn't think Morocco was that messed up, guess I was wrong.
Reply 42
hmmmm... I find this very disturbing, I cannot fathom the circumstances behind the situation.

I think there is more to this story.

R.I.P to the young girl
Original post by Chloe xxx
Very sick and disturbing, poor girl. Something needs to be done about these woman abusing, sick, misogynistic laws in these countries. Why are they so backward? Why do they have laws like this? I honestly dont understand.

How can they consistently condemn women to living hell?

Its because they can get away with it, sadly.
Reply 44
If detaining people without trial is the worst western breach of HR you can think of then your on a slippery slope, sorry. Most countries do that. In China, you'll be executed in a van for bribery.

i think locking people up for decades, torturing, degrading them and god only knows what else is somewhat worse than this especially considering it happens on a larger basis. China is most certainly not western ... note the totalitarian, single party state oh and communism..

In general I just mean they arnt really the same. Culturally, economically, religiously, they even speak a seperate language.

how are they different economically? they utilize the free market and supply and demand. their culture well it really depends where you go doesnt it tangier is very european. just because theyre an islamic country does not make them barbaric.
Are you implying that non-muslims cannot comment on islam ?

Didn't say that. :smile: For all you know, I could be non-Muslim. But I do like sources... :ahee:
Reply 46
Original post by cl_steele
i think locking people up for decades, torturing, degrading them and god only knows what else is somewhat worse than this especially considering it happens on a larger basis. China is most certainly not western ... note the totalitarian, single party state oh and communism..

how are they different economically? they utilize the free market and supply and demand. their culture well it really depends where you go doesnt it tangier is very european. just because theyre an islamic country does not make them barbaric.

I dont think they are. They are just people living life as they are used to, like me. I just cannot see how most women can be happy with the way they are forced to live. I dont think China is western I was using it as an example of much worse human rights than the west. IMO we are the most humane society on the planet.
I ASKED if it was, I didnt say IT IS. Can you understand english?

No love, you asked WHY it is, not IF it is. So technically you were saying IT IS, and asked WHY it is. Can you speak English? :smile: xxxxxxxx
I dont think they are. They are just people living life as they are used to, like me. I just cannot see how most women can be happy with the way they are forced to live. I dont think China is western I was using it as an example of much worse human rights than the west. IMO we are the most humane society on the planet.

Yeah agree with you on that one.
Disgusting. Hopefully this backwards religious nonsense will be wiped out.
Reply 50

when you say us do you mean britain or western europe in general?
its really not that bad, whilst i readily admoit some of their laws such as this one are heinously sarchaic the country it self is incredibly liberal. i was only there last year and aside from the obvious differences such as dress, language etc. it was no different from europe the women were free to walk about the streets and shop as they pleased i didnt see any head dresses let alone those ghastly niqabs etc. but i do see your point of course there are elements to the moroccan state that are very backward by western standards but in general it is by far one of the most westernised islamic nations around and a genuinly lovely place to visit :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by onesoulfortwo
No love, you asked WHY it is, not IF it is. So technically you were saying IT IS, and asked WHY it is. Can you speak English? :smile: xxxxxxxx

'Why, is it in Islamic law the rapist can marry the victim and he will be cleared? '

IS IT in Islam law where a rapist can do that, or is it just moroccan law?- that is what I meant, deary. Please understand, its not that hard.
(edited 12 years ago)
What I find more disgusting is that this is supposedly in place to 'preserve the honour of the girl's family'. What about the rapist's family?!

Why does being raped bring shame upon not only you, but your family? Disgusting. Not sure whether I'm falling for the DM distortion effect, but that is absolutely appalling.
'Why, is it in Islamic law the rapist can marry the victim and he will be cleared? '

IS IT in Islam law where a rapist can do that, or is it just moroccan law?- that is what I meant, deary. Please understand, its not that hard.

I don't know if it says anything about it in the Koran or any other Islamic religious texts but it's certainly the status quo in many if not most Islamic countries.
Reply 54
its really not that bad, whilst i readily admoit some of their laws such as this one are heinously sarchaic the country it self is incredibly liberal. i was only there last year and aside from the obvious differences such as dress, language etc. it was no different from europe the women were free to walk about the streets and shop as they pleased i didnt see any head dresses let alone those ghastly niqabs etc. but i do see your point of course there are elements to the moroccan state that are very backward by western standards but in general it is by far one of the most westernised islamic nations around and a genuinly lovely place to visit :smile:

When I say the west, I mean like the liberal societies like western europe and the US. Its strange if it is so liberal they still have very medieval, supposedly 'islamic' laws in place. Are these laws actually even islamic? I thought it was supposed to protect women at all costs
Reply 55

A country that forces young girls tomarry their rapists is not western by any stretch. And having met many morrocans in the netherlands, denmark and France I would say you are talking utter rubbish, they are not western and they are nothing like us
Reply 56
Original post by Destroyer25
I don't know if it says anything about it in the Koran or any other Islamic religious texts but it's certainly the status quo in many if not most Islamic countries.

Strange how so many seem to have twisted the words to oppress women to the max. Definately something shifty there.
Reply 57
A country that forces young girls tomarry their rapists is not western by any stretch. And having met many morrocans in the netherlands, denmark and France I would say you are talking utter rubbish, they are not western and they are nothing like us

There will always be one world communists who think everyone is intricately the same, any suggestion otherwise and your 'discriminating'.
Reply 58
Only reported on The Daily Fail.
Reply 59
There will always be one world communists who think everyone is intricately the same, any suggestion otherwise and your 'discriminating'.

Having read your posts on this thread, I have to say I agree with you entirely

Quick Reply

Latest