The Student Room Group

"My Dinner doesn't look anything LIKE that!" Thread - Ad Pics vs Reality!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Now, here's one where I don't know what I find more awful/disturbing... the actual CONCEPT of this, or the reality of it all! Some kind of nuclear-cheese-smothered reformed meat patty meal from Banquet...

and in reality, it's even MORE dire... looking like a drinks coaster that's been through a bar fire covered in the remnants of The Simpsons (sadly meeting their demise in said fire). And what are the bits? The weird... bits?

Reply 801
It was on offer, you get what you pay for.

Alternative one liner:

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 802
Wendy's Fast Food Chain (USA) just brought out a gorgeous-looking fish sandwich - A Panko-crumbed cod fillet with your choice of tartare sauce or cheese. Served up with fries or a jacket potato, this looks like it could be one hell of a gourmet-level fast food meal.

What the hell happened?! THE ROLL? THE FISH? I... IT.... IT DOESN'T...

I mean, I can't even begin. Did someone use it as an airline pillow or... I... *confusion*

Original post by Kevin J
It was on offer, you get what you pay for.

Alternative one liner:

Spoiler

Spoiler

:rofl:

Ran out of rep!!! :frown:
You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!

WHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????
?????????????????????????????

This thread is so good for repping! :frown: I WANT TO REP!

Love you all ! :love:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 805
Original post by TotoMimo
Wendy's Fast Food Chain (USA) just brought out a gorgeous-looking fish sandwich - A Panko-crumbed cod fillet with your choice of tartare sauce or cheese. Served up with fries or a jacket potato, this looks like it could be one hell of a gourmet-level fast food meal.

What the hell happened?! THE ROLL? THE FISH? I... IT.... IT DOESN'T...

I mean, I can't even begin. Did someone use it as an airline pillow or... I... *confusion*

Not gonna lie, I would still eat that. I want a fish-based fast food chain here :frown:
After all, a big mac is a big mac, if it contains lettuce, gherkins, three toasted sesame buns, two burgers, a bit of sauce (and if it is also freshly made) then why complain?

oh big wow the lettuce is not place symmetrically to the lettuce on the next tier of the burger then it's bad??

Even looking back here at someone who posted a picture of an ice cream where the top of it wasn't pointing upwards as claimed by the ad................

I mean, come on, food is food people. If it was stale or contained things it shouldn't contain then that's a worthy excuse.
When I can find my camera lead I'll show you the (slightly crappy blackberry camera phone) pictures of my ready meal from Aldi. 99p and it looked and tasted great!
Original post by kerily
The picture on a can of borlotti beans:

Note how WHITE they are.

ACTUAL borlotti beans when they emerge from the can (and they stay the same colour when cooked!):

:emo:

Racist.
Original post by Spexzzz
Generally Nando's food look pretty damn good, i never complain

agreed!
Reply 810
I abhor Frankie and Bennys. I have only been a few times but every time, it's DOUSED in olive oil and everything tastes like microwave food.

But I HAD to go (family birthday, and some crazy people actually LIKE it).

I thought, "can't go wrong with Mediterranean Risotto - safe choice."

I couldn't find a comparison pic, but seriously, this was utterly disgusting. It was so thick that I should've had a knife and fork to cut slices of it. The rice wasn't even rice anymore, it was sludge. The onion rings were okay though; but as I predicted, the bread was doused in olive oil and as such squelched like a sodden sponge:

I abhor Frankie and Bennys. I have only been a few times but every time, it's DOUSED in olive oil and everything tastes like microwave food.

But I HAD to go (family birthday, and some crazy people actually LIKE it).

I thought, "can't go wrong with Mediterranean Risotto - safe choice."

I couldn't find a comparison pic, but seriously, this was utterly disgusting. It was so thick that I should've had a knife and fork to cut slices of it. The rice wasn't even rice anymore, it was sludge. The onion rings were okay though; but as I predicted, the bread was doused in olive oil and as such squelched like a sodden sponge:

Have you not seen their lighter options menu? It's genuinely very good. I got a Seafood Spaghetti (has razorclams & prawns) for main (310 calories) and chocolate brownie topped pancake with chocolate sauce for afters (200 calories)

Didn't feel light, felt indulgent!
Reply 812
Original post by MelissaJayne
Have you not seen their lighter options menu? It's genuinely very good. I got a Seafood Spaghetti (has razorclams & prawns) for main (310 calories) and chocolate brownie topped pancake with chocolate sauce for afters (200 calories)

Didn't feel light, felt indulgent!

I second this! I actually like their food for this reason/menu only!
Reply 813
Mum had that "lighter option" pancake thing. I think on the menu it described it as "topped with brownies and Cream Ice Cream, drizzled in a chocolate sauce".

It was TEeEeeEEny, and the "brownies" were like crumbs.

But I suppose it IS supposed to be a lighter option.
Mum had that "lighter option" pancake thing. I think on the menu it described it as "topped with brownies and Cream Ice Cream, drizzled in a chocolate sauce".

It was TEeEeeEEny, and the "brownies" were like crumbs.

But I suppose it IS supposed to be a lighter option.

True, it wasn't huge. But I think any bigger and I'd of felt guilty. It was a nice dessert to get you back into the dessert world without all the fat feelings!
Reply 815
Now, microwave/oven meals rarely brag "YOUR MEAL WILL LOOK EXACTLY LIKE THIS!"

But this Marie Callender Three Meat Four Cheese Lasagne says so; it even sports a disclaimer "Unique Baking Tray - Cooks Evenly, EVEN IN THE MICROWAVE!"

Er... yeah. No. Unless I'm looking at the Undead Zombie version.

Reply 816
Now, this really is the fault of Taco Bell for making things not look like it's even food any more, and more like a photoshopped-to-hell piece of pop-art.

But Taco Bell's "Taco Pizza" comprises of two circular nacho "bases" sandwiching chilli beef and sauce, then topped with tomatoes and three cheeses to make a "pizza".

I'm sure you'd agree that this looks like the least real, immaculate foodie promo pic ever!

Now, even so... I would regard the reality as pretty poor show indeed...

Did you compose this Taco Pizza with some kind of Jackhammer/Oar/Rhino combination?
im even sure if the promo pic looks appealling tbh... although the description sounds mouthwatering!
Reply 818
Now, this really is the fault of Taco Bell for making things not look like it's even food any more, and more like a photoshopped-to-hell piece of pop-art.

But Taco Bell's "Taco Pizza" comprises of two circular nacho "bases" sandwiching chilli beef and sauce, then topped with tomatoes and three cheeses to make a "pizza".

I'm sure you'd agree that this looks like the least real, immaculate foodie promo pic ever!

Now, even so... I would regard the reality as pretty poor show indeed...

Did you compose this Taco Pizza with some kind of Jackhammer/Oar/Rhino combination?

I'm pretty sure that promo pic cannot physically be replicated without some form of glue to be honest. I think the employee tried, got pissed off and threw it in the box. It looks like its missing half the ingredients too- bad aim.
Nigel-Slaters-spaghetti-a-006.jpg

Orphans never make a good Pasta Puttanesca.

Quick Reply

Latest