The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just a tip for everyone out there, never, ever, ever, ever buy Rondon. He's an absolute pile of ****ing ****. He had 7 ****ing clear cut chances in 1 match and blasted them all straight at the GK. ****ing dickwipe.
In my Barca game Iniesta has been 'awaiting treatment for a groin injury' for about ten days. :erm:

And Messi, Sanchez, Pedro are all out for 3-5 months. :angry:
Real Madrid fans openly protested my appointment when I took the job due to having previously been manager of Barca.

Probably still angry that I bent them over my knee in every game we played :tongue:
Reply 5623
Original post by Kevmeister
In my Barca game Iniesta has been 'awaiting treatment for a groin injury' for about ten days. :erm:

And Messi, Sanchez, Pedro are all out for 3-5 months. :angry:

Oh dear!

Grr - why does that only ever happen when you are the manager?! In my Real Madrid game, I had Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain, Alonso and Robben (my only signing) out for ~4 months at some point. Thankfully not all together.

Barca's only long term injury for the whole season...Pinto. Out for 2 months - and they signed Almunia to replace him.

I still came first, but only by 2 points (thankfully managed the impossible and got a penalty at the nou camp in the last few minutes).
Think my training was too severe for the team, but was necesary to get the to blend and work well.
The annoying part where steam won't let you load FM
Original post by CB91
Just a tip for everyone out there, never, ever, ever, ever buy Rondon. He's an absolute pile of ****ing ****. He had 7 ****ing clear cut chances in 1 match and blasted them all straight at the GK. ****ing dickwipe.

He rapes my team constantly, maybe you need to have a talk with him or bench him. Pavel provenyak (the new fulham striker) you should never buy him, he's a ****ing pile of ****, scored 1 goal in 2 years for me.
firstly this bug is a nightmare shawcross wet on internation duty is due back on the 23/6/2012 its know 1/8/2012 hoping hell return after then ext lot of internationals in september :angry:

secondly another annoying as hell bug ian halloway says i should be more direct instead of try to pass the ball into the net...
i beat his Blackpool 5 ****ing 0
i beat barcalona 4-1 for christ sake

finally anyone ever signed a youngster called leo definatly not a regen lol his stats are fantastic its like 13 for every in complete forward role 900k and hes 18 years old i was like :redface:
I've decided to be lazy and play as Man City :colondollar:

Signing players like Thiago Silva, Snra, Hamsik, Hazard, Neymar :colondollar:

Yes I am cheap and lazy :colondollar:
Reply 5628
Titchy update, 12.2.1
General
=======
- Fixed issue where the game would create too many scout reports, sometimes resulting in missing reports, runtime errors or a crash
- Fixed issue where Reminder Date was not being saved when confirming notes
- Fixed postponed fixtures issue that resulted in warnings being displayed and a possible crash

Competitions
============
- Fixed issue in pre-12.2.0 saves where some players in Greek & Hungarian leagues are incorrectly regarded as Foreign
- Fixed issue where winning the Turkish Premier League is not credited
- Prevented new Russian foreign player rules applying to pre-12.2.0 saves

Database
========
- Corrected Nottingham Forest chairman's retirement date so he is now available for board interaction
- Corrected Sam Hutchinson retirement date so he now appears in-game
Original post by Dalimyr
Titchy update, 12.2.1

Cheers :yy: Wondered what it was!
Original post by Zerforax
I've decided to be lazy and play as Man City :colondollar:

Signing players like Thiago Silva, Snra, Hamsik, Hazard, Neymar :colondollar:

Yes I am cheap and lazy :colondollar:

That must be boring...expect to get flamed by hardcore Football Managers.

Update:won the spanish super cup and the european super cup, looks like it might be a clean sweep this season, I just have to win the league... I'm unbeaten so far this season and I didn't crash arsenal style in the first few games like last season.
Original post by jam277

Update:won the spanish super cup and the european super cup, looks like it might be a clean sweep this season, I just have to win the league... I'm unbeaten so far this season and I didn't crash arsenal style in the first few games like last season.

Finding it really hard to get into this version. Spent like 500+ hours on FM09, like 300+ hours on FM11 and maybe like 35 hours on FM12? And I've had it since before Xmas... :facepalm:

Figure I'll coast through a couple of seasons, get into the game a little and then move down to a more challenging team when more regens come into the game.
Reply 5632
Original post by CB91

He did really well for me. :confused:

He was only there as cover for Cavani, but he got 8 goals in the 10 games he got to play in. Then City bought him for £30million :lol:. I paid £5million for him, so a tidy, Arsenal-esque bit of finance there!
Original post by jam277

Nothing wrong with playing the game for fun rather than the challenge. I've played various games where I've edited the database to put a world XI together at a team like Weymouth.
Reply 5634
League 2 Oxford United have won the Johnstones Paint Trophy :colone:

Knocked Palace out 4-2 on aggregate in the Southern Section Final, before putting Peterborough to the sword at Wembley (3-1) :ahee:. The win came at a price though (as yet again....) Robbie Brady, Sone Aluko and Keiran Trippier all had to go off injured. FML - they're not even being overworked in training.

Any possible reasons why my squad (especially key players) are so injury prone? I mean, it's like having a sqaud of Quinton Fortunes.

All I need to do now is overhaul Swindon at the top of the league (behind by 5 on goal difference :unimpressed:) and then I think I can class that as a successful season :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5635
Original post by Zerforax
Finding it really hard to get into this version. Spent like 500+ hours on FM09, like 300+ hours on FM11 and maybe like 35 hours on FM12? And I've had it since before Xmas... :facepalm:

Figure I'll coast through a couple of seasons, get into the game a little and then move down to a more challenging team when more regens come into the game.

I know what you mean, I done ****e with Newcastle on my first save.
So I played as PSG to ease into the game. :sogood:

Anyway just beat Juventus 3-1 in pre-season with Newcastle :dice:
Reply 5636
Just won the Championship first season with Blackpool. Barely signed any players, the only person I got was Ameobi and he spent most of his time injured. I also got Shelvey for the full season instead of just 6 months like in real life.

Bring on the transfer window!!
Reply 5637
Original post by CB91

That with Betis? Why did you even buy a striker, Santa Cruz ffs :coma:

I'm loving this save so far. All about subtle tactical changes, even got a news thing describing my 'tinkering'. :sexface: Just battered Valencia 25 shots to 3, played my right sided winger in MR on wide mid, support and tucking in, with the left side in AML on winger, attack. All about the balance. Changing formation pretty much every game :lol:

Took me a while to get to know my team properly but the last 10 games in all comps have seen 7 wins and 3 draws.

Only first team additions have been Gonzalez (CB from Sociedad), some Serbian LB from Zaragoza and Zuniga on loan from Napoli. 5th in the league after 15 games, i'll drop a bit because i've got Athletico, Barca and Sevilla twice in my next 5 games but I should still be top half. Making almost £1mil profit a month, got some promising youth players in the B team, identified some young, cheapish players to improve my squad, and i've got Fierro arriving next season. The future's green :awesome:
Original post by Louis.
That with Betis? Why did you even buy a striker, Santa Cruz ffs :coma:

I'm loving this save so far. All about subtle tactical changes, even got a news thing describing my 'tinkering'. :sexface: Just battered Valencia 25 shots to 3, played my right sided winger in MR on wide mid, support and tucking in, with the left side in AML on winger, attack. All about the balance. Changing formation pretty much every game :lol:

Took me a while to get to know my team properly but the last 10 games in all comps have seen 7 wins and 3 draws.

Only first team additions have been Gonzalez (CB from Sociedad), some Serbian LB from Zaragoza and Zuniga on loan from Napoli. 5th in the league after 15 games, i'll drop a bit because i've got Athletico, Barca and Sevilla twice in my next 5 games but I should still be top half. Making almost £1mil profit a month, got some promising youth players in the B team, identified some young, cheapish players to improve my squad, and i've got Fierro arriving next season. The future's green :awesome:

Nah, with Malaga. I normally have a few saves on the go at any one time. :colondollar: I have Milan, Malaga and Betis going atm and I normally switch between them. Depends what mood im in. :dontknow:

Santa Cruz seems to be hit and miss for me so far. Do you play him as a Target Man?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5639
Original post by CB91
Nah, with Malaga. I normally have a few saves on the go at any one time. :colondollar: I have Milan, Malaga and Betis going atm and I normally switch between them. Depends what mood im in. :dontknow:

Santa Cruz seems to be hit and miss for me so far. Do you play him as a Target Man?

Started with him as a target man and he was okay, changed to just advanced forward on attack and he has been quality. I find with the vast majority of strikers it's best to keep it simple. 5 goals in 9 starts, 3 off the bench. Only negative is he's a bit injury prone.

Latest