The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by natty_d
God you guys crumble :facepalm2:

Tell me all you know about assessment centres please bbz :flutter:

Research the company, turn up on time, don't act like an Internet, be polite. Pretty simple tbf :dontknow:

Original post by R-KAM
5k for a 9 year old Clio :eyebrow:

It's got my inner juices all over it which pushes the premium up :sexface:

Original post by Mess.
I will have dealings with Aviva and by virtue your failure of a company :facepalm2:

I refuse to even acknowledge such ****ty negotiating tactics :colonhash:

It's the FM style of negotiation. I ask for 5k. You offer 2k. I come back and ask for 25k :awesome:

Just don't get some chav wagon tbf. Anything Golf/Clio/Other Small French/etc will do a job imo. Preferably get a bus if you are in the city, no idea why people drive.
'Anything Golf/Clio/Other Small French'.

I thought you said DON'T get a Chav wagon ffs.
Reply 9402
Original post by Colbert
Research the company, turn up on time, don't act like an Internet, be polite. Pretty simple tbf :dontknow:

It's got my inner juices all over it which pushes the premium up :sexface:

It's the FM style of negotiation. I ask for 5k. You offer 2k. I come back and ask for 25k :awesome:

Just don't get some chav wagon tbf. Anything Golf/Clio/Other Small French/etc will do a job imo. Preferably get a bus if you are in the city, no idea why people drive.

I can't be bothered with the bus anymore tbh, the people on it are making me sick :colonhash: and I need to learn how to drive so I can get the company car after my inevitable promotion :awesome:

You are probably the least helpful person in the world :h:
Original post by marcusmerehay
'Anything Golf/Clio/Other Small French'.

I thought you said DON'T get a Chav wagon ffs.

Without bumpers or speakers in the boot these are all great cars tbf.
Original post by Mess.
I can't be bothered with the bus anymore tbh, the people on it are making me sick :colonhash: and I need to learn how to drive so I can get the company car after my inevitable promotion :awesome:

You are probably the least helpful person in the world :h:

It's probably cheaper just to get a taxi to and from work every day imo.

Does your fob gf have a license?

They charge unbelievable rates for my expertise which I why I cannot offer my finest nuggets online on the cheap tbf.
Original post by Colbert
Without bumpers or speakers in the boot these are all great cars tbf.

Clio is yeah, although pretty unreliable from experience.

Unmodded Citroen Saxo or Fiat Coupé tbf. :sexface:
Reply 9406
I feel sorry for you guys :/ . Why do people in europe drive crappy cars? Is it simply the cost of fuel ?
I've been here for 3 months and I still can't help but laugh everytime I see a Smart.
Clio is yeah, although pretty unreliable from experience.

Unmodded Citroen Saxo or Fiat Coupé tbf. :sexface:

Had my Clio for 7 years. Literally never done anything except MOT. Incisive purchase from a questionable auction :dice:

If I bought something now I'd probably get a sexy Audi or something else generically corporate :sexface:

Original post by facdroit
I feel sorry for you guys :/ . Why do people in europe drive crappy cars? Is it simply the cost of fuel ?
I've been here for 3 months and I still can't help but laugh everytime I see a Smart.

Fuel yeah but insurance is a joke for young people, however justifiable that is considering how terrible most drivers are.

SMART cars must be humiliating to own, which is probably why I only ever see them smugly parked in tiny spaces and never actually on the road :eek3:
I would love to have an Audi.

Old TT or RS4 probably. Prefer the latter. :coma:

(edited 8 years ago)
I would love to have an Audi.

Old TT or RS4 probably. Prefer the latter. :coma:

TT :colonhash:

Two of my peasant friends both have Audis. One has an A3 and the other an A5 (which doesnt look entirely dissimilar to the pic), but I think all of their salary goes on rent and car finance :facepalm2:

Quite nice to look at I suppose :flutter: Not sure why people have big saloons unless they have a family, surely a cute hatchback is always the way forward? :beard:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9410
I have a Clio from 1994 :sexface:

Surprisingly petrol efficient and the insurance is low as ****.
Reply 9411
Original post by Colbert
Had my Clio for 7 years. Literally never done anything except MOT. Incisive purchase from a questionable auction :dice:

If I bought something now I'd probably get a sexy Audi or something else generically corporate :sexface:

Fuel yeah but insurance is a joke for young people, however justifiable that is considering how terrible most drivers are.

SMART cars must be humiliating to own, which is probably why I only ever see them smugly parked in tiny spaces and never actually on the road :eek3:

I hate SMART cars with a passion. Looking for a parking find an empty spot approach ****ING hell it's a Smart. :/
How much would insurance be approximately in the UK for a brand new Porsche 911 careera for an 18 year old who just got his licence?
I hate SMART cars with a passion. Looking for a parking find an empty spot approach ****ING hell it's a Smart. :/
How much would insurance be approximately in the UK for a brand new Porsche 911 careera for an 18 year old who just got his licence?

I have no idea. Mess. is an insurance broker so should be able to lend a hand :h:
Reply 9413

I looked at a 3series BMW and that was £20,000 :lolwut: an Aston Martin DBS was about £10,000 though :lolwut:
Reply 9414
Original post by Mess.
I looked at a 3series BMW and that was £20,000 :lolwut: an Aston Martin DBS was about £10,000 though :lolwut:

Where the hell are you looking? :wtf:
Reply 9415
Original post by R-KAM
Where the hell are you looking? :wtf:

Confused.com absolutely ridiculous. I managed to find one car that was under £3000 for the year from Admiral. Was some generic city car.
Reply 9416
Original post by Mess.
Confused.com absolutely ridiculous. I managed to find one car that was under £3000 for the year from Admiral. Was some generic city car.

Is this in Liverpool yeah? Could be the only possible explanation, it's not making sense other wise, at all.
Be continental and get a Vespa imo.
Reply 9418
Original post by Colbert
Be continental and get a Vespa imo.

No, be a real man and get a real bike rather than a ****e scooter.
If I ever met a bike rider I might immediately be sick tbf. Of course I am yet to come across one because they are all in critical condition under the front bumper of a double decker bus ffs.

Latest