The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Accommodation Buddies 2012 Applicants

Hi guys, first of all congratulations if you received an offer from Plymouth. I have also received an conditional offer in Computing, which I will more than likely meet. After reading the website I noticed that only 60% of first year students get accommodation so I'd love to know and talk to people in-case im one of the 40% who doesn't get into Halls. So I won't have to go into private accommodation on my own, also it's nice to meet people who are going too right?

I'm more than happy to talk to anyone, although I'd prefer people who have Plymouth as their Firm choice (simply because they are more likely to go).

Thank you for reading, if you are interested in either sharing accommodation or getting to know me, or just fancy a chat. Feel free to drop me a comment below, or add my skype HippoEaters

Congratulations on your offers!
Good luck with your exams.
Reply 1
Hey!

I'm taking a top-up year in Film [i've taken a HND] in September. Will be studying at PCAD but staying in Discovery Heights hopefully. I'll add you on skype. :smile:

Kat
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
I didn't take any chances and went straight for discovery heights. 903 ROOM B Looks better and is incredibly close to the uni and other amenities.
Reply 3
Good idea! No harm in meeting some new people before we start in September. I'm hoping for a place in the Halls but apparently only 60% get it so it makes sense to meet some people for a possible house share.

Plymouth is my first choice (Criminology), i will more than likely meet the conditions so if you fancy a chat feel free to add me on FaceyB :P Rhys Jervis

Cheers!
Reply 4
Plymouth is my firm :smile: I'll be studying Business Studies hopefully! I also want to try for halls :smile: But obviously it will be nice to know a few people before we start! I don't really want to put my contact details on here, is there any private messaging thing on here?
Reply 5
This threads a good idea :biggrin: I've got a firm conditional for Psychology and kinda wondering if I'll be one of the 40% that doesn't get into halls haha! Surely the applications will open soon...
Reply 6
I've got a conditional (Civil Engineering) and in the same boat as you all.
Reply 7
I'd also like to find other people to share a house with - I'd like a mix, and it sounds like halls will be mostly medical students. I'm setting Plymouth as my firm as soon as my offer goes through (I had my interview yesterday).
I don't know where to look for share houses, is it all in the accomodation application bit? The UNITE flats and halls are really expensive :s
Reply 8
Hey Lornaan, It is pretty easy to get a house in Plymouth, the university website normally provides information and there are plenty of information. Also I know of two houses that need places to be filled, Both are 8 bedrooms, one has 6 rooms left and the other has 3. Sharing with people you don't know in your first year can be lots of fun. But also if you don't want to do that you have the option to get a few of you together and be with some people you don't know, I could probably introduce you to the people already in the house if you decided too go with one.

This goes for anyone else on here who needs a house

=)
Original post by russ4445
Hey Lornaan, It is pretty easy to get a house in Plymouth, the university website normally provides information and there are plenty of information. Also I know of two houses that need places to be filled, Both are 8 bedrooms, one has 6 rooms left and the other has 3. Sharing with people you don't know in your first year can be lots of fun. But also if you don't want to do that you have the option to get a few of you together and be with some people you don't know, I could probably introduce you to the people already in the house if you decided too go with one.

This goes for anyone else on here who needs a house

=)

I would like to know more if possible. If I could contact you via Msn/Skype or similar throw me a message and I'll get back to you. - Thanks
Original post by Lornaan
I'd also like to find other people to share a house with - I'd like a mix, and it sounds like halls will be mostly medical students. I'm setting Plymouth as my firm as soon as my offer goes through (I had my interview yesterday).
I don't know where to look for share houses, is it all in the accomodation application bit? The UNITE flats and halls are really expensive :s

Thank you for the response!

:smile: Well, I wish you the best of luck with your offer and I hope you get in. Hope to see you there as well. But yeah, if possible It would nice to get to meet you prior to going to University! Who knows, maybe we might go to halls together?

By the way, this will sound weird as hell... and quite scary it was when I noticed it at the start at least anyway. So yeah, I stalked your profile (I did for everyone who posted :redface: I'm nosy.) And yeah.... it turns out you live in Walsall to. Small world.
Original post by pizzle223
I've got a conditional (Civil Engineering) and in the same boat as you all.

Congratulations on your offer! Hope to see you there in September, feel free to private message me your contact details and I'll be happy to have a chat.
Original post by UrbanChaos
This threads a good idea :biggrin: I've got a firm conditional for Psychology and kinda wondering if I'll be one of the 40% that doesn't get into halls haha! Surely the applications will open soon...

:biggrin: Sorry for my late reply! Had alot of things to do recently. I hope you get into halls, you and me both. :biggrin: And yeah, they said applications would be open Spring, so I'd assume within a week or two. But hey... who knows!
Original post by xkloii
Plymouth is my firm :smile: I'll be studying Business Studies hopefully! I also want to try for halls :smile: But obviously it will be nice to know a few people before we start! I don't really want to put my contact details on here, is there any private messaging thing on here?

Sorry again for the late reply. Yes there is a messaging system on TSR if you click on my name whilst looking at the tread it says "Send a private message" Then I will add you on whatever you send me! Of course, I won't ever share your contact details.

And getting to know people is awesome yeah :biggrin:!

Hope to hear from you soon!
Reply 14
Can i get involved in this as well!!

22 year old Welsh lad looking for a house to share from September. Preferably with people who intend to party a lot!!

Drop me a msg!
Reply 15
ye i got a conditional offer for economics!
Reply 16
anyone down to do ocean exploration or staying in discovery heights in or around flat 305?feel free to msg me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest