The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

(BA) Make Up and Prosthetics at LCF

Hiya, anyone else had an interview for this course? I got through the portfolio review to the interview on the 20th Feb. They said they'd take 3 weeks to get back to us and let us know, it was 3 weeks monday...

Just wondering if anybody else who had an interview has heard back yet? I'm literally checking my emails every 5 mins like a mad woman haha..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I had my interview on tuesday and got an offer this morning :biggrin: was not expecting it at all. Every other course has taken ages to hear back. You could always ring them up? Where else have you applied? x
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Ahh damn, I'm STILL waiting had interviews tuesday/wednesday and already got offers from them. Was your interview for makeup and prosthetics? They told me 3 weeks and 'longer the better' so trying to think positively haha...:s-smilie:
Reply 3
Hey, I had an interview for the same course on the same day! (Although I didn't get through to the interview stage..!)

I had applied for three makeup courses at lcf and after not hearing the outcome from them for a while I contacted Lauren White the course administrator and she said that they are still making decisions and that everyone should know by 31st March...

However I did get an offer from my first choice course (FdA Hair and Makeup for Fashion) just this morning so I'd say contact lauren - she gave me feedback also.. Good luck sure you'll be fine x
Reply 4
@ shabbychic92
What was the interview like how many of them interviewed you.
wat sorta questions did they ask and how long was the interview 4 mine is next week. Any tips or sumet hun.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by 04estkin
@ shabbychic92
What was the interview like how many of them interviewed you.
wat sorta questions did they ask and how long was the interview 4 mine is next week. Any tips or sumet hun.

You have 2 stages, portfolio review, so you leave your portfolios in the room and come back in like 2 hours. Then if you make it too interview you have it afterwards. Interview was fine, was about 15 mins if that. They asked about films you liked and disliked and why, had to talk a bit about a piece of work. I found them really nice. Make sure you don't have too much in your portfolio, they only want 25 sheets, and they said that they liked my artist research. Good luck! Feel free to ask any more qs xx
Reply 6
@mollymoo tahh thats gr8 I have done some artist research have you done alot or just a little. I have only done like 1 A1 size moodboard. soo nervous cus I am in the last batch of interview did they tell u on the spot if u got the place or not. thanks 4 heads up thou will let u know how it goes :smile:
Reply 7
@mollymoo tahh thats gr8 I have done some artist research have you done alot or just a little. I have only done like 1 A1 size moodboard. soo nervous cus I am in the last batch of interview did they tell u on the spot if u got the place or not. thanks 4 heads up thou will let u know how it goes :smile:

I had an A5 sketchbook and then some in my other sketchbooks. Nope, I heard 2 days after, have you applied anywhere else? x
Reply 8
@ mollymoo
yeh west thames n the fda @ LCF applied to bournemouth but I cancelled my offer from them already i wnt the LCF prosthetics course as my first option wbu which ws ur first option
Reply 9
@ mollymoo
yeh west thames n the fda @ LCF applied to bournemouth but I cancelled my offer from them already i wnt the LCF prosthetics course as my first option wbu which ws ur first option

LCF prosthetics is my top choice then bournemouth. When in your interview? x
Reply 10
Still nothing, I emailed Lauren last monday and she hasn't emailed me back... Hmm kind of given up all hope now....:frown:
Reply 11
Original post by mollymoo
Which course are you doing?x

Fashion Journalism
Are you going to lcf too? What are you doing? x
Reply 12
Yep I am indeed. Am doing prosthetics. Which campus are you going to be at? x
Reply 13
Yep I am indeed. Am doing prosthetics. Which campus are you going to be at? x

Congratulations! Lime Grove, you? x
Reply 14
Original post by emclme
Congratulations! Lime Grove, you? x

Same :smile:, have you applied for halls? x
Reply 15
Same :smile:, have you applied for halls? x

Yeah, but my internet wasn't working properly so I ended up waiting for two hours before I could apply :/ So hopefully it wasn't too late. I applied for: Costume store, Manna ash and opal 4. Where have you applied? x
Hi I was just wondering just had my letter to say I have a interview for the 26th feb :-) I am a little stuck on the portfolio bit ? Not to sure what to include or how to lay it out :-( I've done a bit such as based some of my makeup ideas on people that inspire me such as audrey hepburn etc and done makeup ideas and sketches, and sketches of the clothes etc what else did you include and am I going in the right path? Also what information would you include such as research ?
And interview wise what sort of questions do they ask you ?

Sorry about all the questions

x
Reply 17
Hey there guys!
I am a photographer, got my interview for LCF next week and would love to get to know some people on the makeup courses as you never know when we may need eachother!
Feel free to message me or check out my facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/RyanCeePhotography
Hey Ryan, we met at LCF (I looked at your portfolio afterwards which by the way was amazing) have you heard anything back yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Natasha-Rose123
Hey Ryan, we met at LCF (I looked at your portfolio afterwards which by the way was amazing) have you heard anything back yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey :smile: For starters Thank you! I am glad my portfolio was so well received.

Unfortunately I haven't heard anything from them yet, hope that I will hear something soon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending