No One Killed Jessica

Agneepath :biggrin:
Original post by HumiT
I've no choice but to choose..

Qayamat se qayamat tak :biggrin:

Awesome choice. It's what i would have chosen as well :smile:
Hum Tum :h:
Original post by HumiT
I agree that most songs these days are just :facepalm: but the films back in those days were equally :facepalm2: imo.

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai = bad????

Lie.
Original post by indianaussie
Hum Tum :h:

I'm gonna throw one in on the game. :biggrin:

I'm going to say - Mann :bl:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4047
Original post by bolly_mad
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai = bad????

Lie.

What film is that?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4048
Original post by bolly_mad
I'm gonna throw one in on the game. :biggrin:

I'm going to say - Mann :bl:

No Entry
Original post by HumiT
What film is that?

Seriously? It's one of Bollywood's biggest hits. The song I posted previously was from this movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuch_kuch_hota_hai
Reply 4050
Don (new) (:
Reply 4051
Agent Vinod is a great film! I totally loved it. The only thing I would say is that it could have been shorter by 15-20 mins .Strong story, some fabulous locations (12 countries!!) and great action with a touch of romance. Saif could win a second national award next year. Looking forward to seeing this as a franchise.

This is the time for action thrillers it seems. First Don 2 then 'Players', now 'Agent Vinod' and we've still got YRF's 'Ek Tha Tiger' w/ Salman-Kat on Eid, Abbas Mustan's 'Race 2' and Aamir's 'Dhoom 3' to come.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Most Competitive
Agent Vinod is a great film! I totally loved it. The only thing I would say is that it could have been shorter by 15-20 mins .Strong story, some fabulous locations (12 countries!!) and great action with a touch of romance. Saif could win a second national award next year. Looking forward to seeing this as a franchise.

Came across a trailer when I went to me cousin's house. Looks pathetic. Just look like a cheap, laughable, cheesy version of James Bond.

Talk about originality. I bet the director of Agent Vinod must have been watching Allistair Mcgowan's impressions of James Bond.

No originality whatsoever.
Original post by The_Male_Melons
Came across a trailer when I went to me cousin's house. Looks pathetic. Just look like a cheap, laughable, cheesy version of James Bond.

Talk about originality. I bet the director of Agent Vinod must have been watching Allistair Mcgowan's impressions of James Bond.

No originality whatsoever.

It's certainly not James Bond. The character is very different to the Bond character for a start. Also, remember that the spy thriller genre had been established waay before any of the Bond films, so the originality argument can't be used against it.

The only reason why it has been compared to Bond is because of the suit Saif wears on the posters. However, in the film, he wears that suit to one formal occasion and he's only in it for a couple of minutes.

I can assure you that it's more down to earth than any of the Bond films. You'll just have to see it. It's relevant to the goings on at the current time whereas Bond just came because of the paranoia in relation to Russians, and went from there.

You'll just have to see it :smile:
Original post by Most Competitive
It's certainly not James Bond. The character is very different to the Bond character for a start. Also, remember that the spy thriller genre had been established waay before any of the Bond films, so the originality argument can't be used against it.

The only reason why it has been compared to Bond is because of the suit Saif wears on the posters. However, in the film, he wears that suit to one formal occasion and he's only in it for a couple of minutes.

I can assure you that it's more down to earth than any of the Bond films. You'll just have to see it. It's relevant to the goings on at the current time whereas Bond just came because of the paranoia in relation to Russians, and went from there.

You'll just have to see it :smile:

I am aware that spy thriller genre was established way before James Bond. I haven't said anything different.

So a "wearing a suit, not a suit" is the main difference that you tagging your hopes on.

Whilst James Bond did come about from the cold war, doesn't mean that other spies films or dramas from Hollywood does not focus on current times.
Of course, you could argue that Agent Vinod (reading the daily mail as there was some link) comes from the paranoia of Pakistan. Not sure as I have not watched the film and have no intention watching poor Asians films.
I am aware that spy thriller genre was established way before James Bond. I haven't said anything different.

So a "wearing a suit, not a suit" is the main difference that you tagging your hopes on.

Whilst James Bond did come about from the cold war, doesn't mean that other spies films or dramas from Hollywood does not focus on current times.
Of course, you could argue that Agent Vinod (reading the daily mail as there was some link) comes from the paranoia of Pakistan. Not sure as I have not watched the film and have no intention watching poor Asians films.

If you have no intention, then why are you on this thread? Why not waste your life and designate an entire thread to why you hate 'poor Asian films'. I thought this thread was for people to share their LOVE for these films? :rolleyes:
Original post by ♥ ♥
If you have no intention, then why are you on this thread? Why not waste your life and designate an entire thread to why you hate 'poor Asian films'. I thought this thread was for people to share their LOVE for these films? :rolleyes:

Being from a South-Asian background myself, feel I need to be in touch with my own kind :smile:
Also seek some understanding at to why people wish to watch such films?

I am sure I have free speech and hence can express my hate...:rolleyes:
I saw Karan Johar's 'My Name Is Khan' the other day on blu-ray disc. I would say that it's Karan Johar's best film and SRK's best ever performance.

India's official entry to the 83rd Academy Awards was Aamir Khan productions' 'Peepli [live]'. I think, considering that 'My Name Is Khan' made it to the reminder list, meaning that it was eligible for awards in ANY of the categories (best picture, best director etc), it would have definitely won the award for best foreign film if India submitted it instead. They missed a trick.
Being from a South-Asian background myself, feel I need to be in touch with my own kind :smile:
Also seek some understanding at to why people wish to watch such films?

I am sure I have free speech and hence can express my hate...:rolleyes:

Fair enough, it's evident you are already making use of your free speech.

Quick Reply

Latest