The Student Room Group

NGDP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
A good taste of local government before we get stuck in.
Original post by TruckBear
Yep. Haven't heard anything since the email saying I'd got through to the next round.

Same, not sure whether to e-mail them or not..
I was sent information about the assessment centres about half an hour ago. We have to book ourselves into times and dates and it's first come first serve, so I would suggest doing it as soon as possible.

Does anybody have any information regarding the written exercise?
Reply 303
Same. No idea, 2 hours is bloody long though so I'm guessing it's quite a detailed/large exercise. Plan a strategy of some sort...
Is it only the written exercise then? The e-mail only mentioned the exercise as a specific task we have to do on the day, but then further down it talked about special requirements for interviews?

I'm tempted to leave the third location choice blank tbh. I can only really get to Manchester around that time.
Reply 305
Original post by rainbow drops
Is it only the written exercise then? The e-mail only mentioned the exercise as a specific task we have to do on the day, but then further down it talked about special requirements for interviews?

I'm tempted to leave the third location choice blank tbh. I can only really get to Manchester around that time.

Good point! I'm going to ask.
Ooo I finally got my email after 4 phone calls :biggrin:

Does anyone have any idea if the second part of the assessment centre is an interview? Or is that the next stage after the AC?
Reply 307
Original post by laura130490
Ooo I finally got my email after 4 phone calls :biggrin:

Does anyone have any idea if the second part of the assessment centre is an interview? Or is that the next stage after the AC?

The way I see it is that this first stage will be a report. If successful, stage 2 will be a more traditional AC process including interviews, that will then be followed by LA interviews.

But who knows.
Reply 308
Im surprised its been put into 2 stages. Last time round it was just one day of Assessment Centres. We did also have information days which were...informative.
Reply 309
Yeah it does seem pretty strange this year. No info session (as of yet) and certainly no phone interview...
Original post by stormstar
Im surprised its been put into 2 stages. Last time round it was just one day of Assessment Centres. We did also have information days which were...informative.

Did you do a two hour written test which you could possibly tell us about? :tongue:
Reply 311
Original post by rainbow drops

Original post by AP1989
Good point! I'm going to ask.

Any information on this anyone?
Reply 312
Last time I had just the one assessment centre with a whole day of exercises. Thinking back to it now, I was uber nervous all day!! But I powered through. I have no idea how it's being done this year. I'm trying to be in semi-regular contact with Ami Beeton and the NGDP via Twitter. But communication seems a tad informal. I did my assessment centre in Leeds, although they had a section in London.

Also on a side note, I have received confirmation via Twitter that there will be information days coming soon!
Original post by stormstar
Last time I had just the one assessment centre with a whole day of exercises. Thinking back to it now, I was uber nervous all day!! But I powered through. I have no idea how it's being done this year. I'm trying to be in semi-regular contact with Ami Beeton and the NGDP via Twitter. But communication seems a tad informal. I did my assessment centre in Leeds, although they had a section in London.

Also on a side note, I have received confirmation via Twitter that there will be information days coming soon!

Thanks for the info!

I wish they'd tell us which assessment centre slot we've been allocated to >.< I'd like to book my train tickets.
Reply 314
Yeah they can be notoriously slow. They had a contact line, but I think it was just run by some admin assistant who provided vague info. The reliance on just email contact (and the whole Word Press website) suggest this programme has been cut. I'm sure I read somewhere they reduced the number of places. Plus last year you were able to go to Warwick Business School to complete a Post-Graduate Diploma on Public Administration...I think this year it's a more in house thing.

I think the deadline for councils to sign up is the 15th of April, so my guess is everything will kick in after this date. Although if you're in your third year of Uni interviews in May could be a hassle (they were for me when my dissertation was in for early may).

If you've got any more questions about the assessment centres or info days then anyone can PM me!
Reply 315
Original post by ajs12345
Any information on this anyone?

I haven't actually contacted them, not that they'd reply anyway, but on a second look it seems as though there isn't an interview at this stage.
"Timeline

We will have contacted all applicants regarding the first stage of the ngdp by friday 9th March 2012

If your application is successful you will be invited to an assessment centre in April 2012.

There will then be a round of interviews in May / June 2012 to decide the final intake."

From the website! So interviews at a later date it seems!
Reply 317
Original post by Vanilla*Pod
"Timeline

We will have contacted all applicants regarding the first stage of the ngdp by friday 9th March 2012

If your application is successful you will be invited to an assessment centre in April 2012.

There will then be a round of interviews in May / June 2012 to decide the final intake."

From the website! So interviews at a later date it seems!

....I'd be worried if everyone hadn't read the website by this stage...:s-smilie:
Reply 318
I haven't I just call the LGA.
Original post by GdotL
....I'd be worried if everyone hadn't read the website by this stage...:s-smilie:

I agree. Yet people were questioning if there was an interview at the first AC stage and I'm assuming the quote from the website I gave clarifies that there probably isn't.

Quick Reply